10) Stay

Parsley's P.O.V

"How do you not understand?!" I yell at dad, after having a long agonising argument about my arranged marriage. "Do not raise your voice. Act like a lady." My mom says, putting a hand on her hip, and getting up off their bed. "I will not fucking act like a lady!" I yell. "Watch your language!" My dad raises his voice, scowling at me. P

I've spent a lot of time with David, and we've grown closer, but I still don't really love him, as much as I try or pretend.

"No! You know what it was like to be in an arranged marriage!" I start, and he seems shocked. "Who told you about that?!"

"Uncle Andrew!" I scowl. "You didn't love her. Sure, she was pretty, and for her it was a blessing, to be the lady of heaven, but you didn't love her. Instead, you married mom. You went AGAINST your father, and married mom!" I growl, ripping a white flower out of my hair. "We will talk no more on this! The car is waiting, go." My dad says, in an 'end-of-discussion' tone. "FUCK THIS!" I stomp out, being careful not to trip on my long white dress. "Language!" My mom scolds.

I reach the car and it drives off, taking me to the place I'll spend the rest of my life.

Three weeks until the wedding... Holy shit... I can't believe they moved it up. I hate them...

"Hello, dear." David smiles at me faintly, but it soon fades.

He doesn't show any emotion! They expect HIM to rule the biggest realm!

"Hi..." I say quietly, staring at my feet. "Are you alright?" he asks, holding his arm out for me and leading me inside. "Y-yeah... David, can you tell me something?" I ask suddenly, looking up at him. "Sure baby, what?"

"You were married before, weren't you?" I ask, and he freezes in place.

Shit! Shouldn't have said that, shouldn't have said that!

"Yes," he replies finally. "I was."

"How did you know?" he asks, looking over at me as he leads me to his big bedroom. "Well... You seem to have a void in your heart that only the love of your life could fill..." I reply simply, looking at the ground. "You are correct. Her name was Leigh," he says, and opens the door to the bedroom. "We were married four years, and she was pregnant when she passed away during an attack by fallen angels."

"Oh no..." I lay a hand on his arm, sitting on the bed next to him. "I was never the same."

"How did you meet her?" I ask, resting my head on his shoulder and tracing his spine with my fingers. "We met at the altar. We were arranged, but we never met before our wedding day. She lived across heaven, and came to live with me after the wedding."

Can you really have real love from an arranged marriage? His emptiness proves it, but... Can you really?

"Parsley," he lays a hand on my arm, as I'm about to get up, and looks up at me. "Yes?" I ask.

"Would you... Stay here tonight?"

I gasp quietly, thinking about it for a second. "Alright." I smile.

I just made him say probably the worst thing that ever happened to him, so it would be bad if I said no, right? Plus, another night with my parents... I haven't been to the diner in ages, I miss it. I don't work because I HAVE to, but I love it there, it's my own little hangout.

***

"Are you coming to bed?" David asks from the bedroom. "Yeah." I walk back out of the bathroom in a nightgown I had in my bag by chance, and he stares at the sight of my body.

Right, he's only seen me in long-sleeve long dresses... Haha, mom's going to kill me.

I crawl into bed and lie on the edge, away from him on the left side. "Goodnight." I say quietly, pulling the covers up to my nose. "And where are you going?" he laughs and wraps an arm around my waist, pulling me up against his body, and my face turns red.

Wait, this is the first time he's laughed since I've known him... Maybe he's just lonely..?

"Goodnight." I smile, as he cuddles me close. "'Night sweetie." he whispers, and his arm tightens around my waist slightly.

He's not a monster... He's just broken...

'But you don't want to be a replacement for his wife!' My angel voice says.

I know...

Elliot's P.O.V

I run into the house, going to the bedroom, where Max and Griff are on the bed chatting. "I have information."