Chapter 1

•A• •H•I•D•D•E•N• •T•R•U•T•H•

2014 Copyright © All Rights Reserved

fluffyirwin™

✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️

{{AU}}

"Jess, can I ask you something?" Ashton asked, his brown eyes meeting mine.

"Sure." I breathed not knowing what to expect.

"I'm not sure how to say this but.. I-I love you!" He blushed looking down to the ground. Did I just hear that right? The boy I've had a crush on since I was 10 admitting he loves me? There's got to be a catch.. there's always a catch.

He slid his arm around my waist putting his other hand to my cheek, bringing us closer as he lent in closing his eyes. I have dreamt on kissing him for years, but never thought this would actually happen.

"Jessie! Get out of bed!" My eyes sprung open to see my younger brother at the end of my bed. I groaned rolling over so my face was in my pillow.

"One more minute. You couldn't just let me sleep for one more bloody minute." I mumbled into my pillow. Slowly starting to fade back into my slumber.

"You were dreaming about lover boy again weren't you?" he chuckled with a cheeky half smile on his face. I quickly whip my head, shooting him a scolding look. He mockingly puckers his lips making his take on kissing sounds.

"Jacob! Get out of my room!" I squealed throwing my pillow at him, hitting his square in the chest. Letting out a laugh he stops, shaking his head.

"Fine, schools in an hour though." he replied walking out of my room, leaving the god damn door wide open. You'd think after years of singing about it, he'd shut the bloody thing.

Wait, did he say school?

Shit! I had completely forgotten that today was the first day of year twelve for me, I've been so unorganised it is unbelievable. I roll out of bed, literally, falling onto the floor before rushing to find clothes. I settled with a pair of plain skinny jeans and a All Time Low muscle shirt. I made my way into the bathroom to find my sister doing her make up and straightening her golden blonde hair. My sister had never gotten out of bed before noon without being threatened to have her phone taken away from her, so this sight was a completely new one for myself.

"Annabell? Why are you up so early?" I couldn't help but giggle. My eyes were wide in shock, even noticing how hyped she was.

"Uh? Meeting with a cute boy! Duh!" She laughed making it sound like it was obvious. I rolled my eyes grabbing my hair brush and starting to brush my hair. I pulled my long dark brown hair into a pony tail and made my way into the kitchen. Anna and I once had the same hair, I adored looking like her when I was younger, but assuming she got tired of it, it became a regular thing to change her hair colour completely. Last month her hair was bright red.

Heading down stairs I greet my mother with a peck on the cheek, taking the stack of pancakes that she had prepared for me towards the kitchen table. After scoffing down breakfast, I heard a car horn go off.

"It's Ashton, we got to go Jacob!" I screamed grabbing my bag walking out the door and sitting shotgun of Ashton's car. Jacob racing out behind me sliding into the back seat.

"Morning guys!" Ashton smiled brightly. His dirty blonde hair falling all over his face. Oh how his smile could light up the world. He had hazel eyes that crinkled every time he smiles, just like now. And every time your heart would melt just the tiniest bit.

"Someone's in a good mood?" I laughed as Ashton started to drive down our street.

"Yeah, I get to see Lara after six weeks. Why shouldn't I be?" He chuckled. This eyes flickering up to meet Jacobs in the rear view mirror, sending him a wink. Jacob giving him a wide grin in return.

"Oh" I felt my face fall. Lara is his girlfriend. I don't even know why he's dating her, she has been a total bitch to us ever since the third grade. I feel my face scrunch up, but before I can hide it Ashton notices, his face softening.

"Hey, I know you don't like her but I do and I reckon if you two spent sometime together you guys would be great friends." he lowered his voice. Creases come across his forehead as his eyebrows come together in thought. "After all why wouldn't I want my two favourite girls to be friends."

At this my heart flutters and I almost agree, almost. I am one of his favourites, but there is another. Lara, I will always be second to her.

"But I don't want to be friends with her. You have know me ever since we were three. I just thought you'd realise my hate for her after fourteen years. Since we are best of friends and all." I replied keeping calm trying not to show the anger that was threatening to spill and burn up through my throat.

"She's just jealous." Jacob stated with a cheeky grin that never seems to leave his face. I was mental slapping the shit out of him with a chair now. See this is what happen when you had a diary at the age of twelve that you brother just happens to find.

"Is that right?" Ashton said raising an eyebrow and with a smile of amusement on his face. I knew that Ashton was just playing but I was no longer in the mood, I was now embarrassed out of my wit and still angry from our conversation.

"Ugh. I hate you two." I moaned looking out of the window. If only he knew the truth.

"Haha, love you too." Ashton called. To Ashton I'm like his sister. He loves me, but just not the way I want him too. At this I sigh and place my head against the window, I can see Jacobs in the side mirror and I'm sending him a glare for the second time this morning.

Once we pulled up at school I didn't even get a word in before Ashton ran out of the car straight over to Lara. Picking her up and kissing her passionately. I sighed looking down at my feet. Ashton and I used to always hang out at school, but ever since he's been dating Lara, he has been hanging with all the populars and then there is me, I have no one. I miss the old him, who would bag out the popular kids, who didn't care what others think, who use to come over all the time, who shared his secrets with me, who wasn't afraid to be himself, who would hold me if I was hurting and tell me everything is going to be alright, I just miss him. But now, I'm second to him. I don't accept second, may as well be nothing to him honestly.

"It's okay Jess, he'll come around eventually." Jacob weakly smiled and patted me on the back before walking over towards his group of friends. I watched Ashton warp his arm around her as they walked the other way.

Well isn't this just fucking great. I started walking towards the library when a tall nervous looking blonde boy came walking towards me.

"Um, hey. I'm kinda new here and... Well would you mind showing me around?" He asked biting his lip.

"Sure. I'm Jessie." I smiled extending my hand.

"Thank you so much. Oh and I'm Luke" he grinned, while firmly shaking my hand. His eyes were just- Wow. That bright crystal blue was mesmerising.

He waved a hand in front of my face.

"Oh sorry, I was distracted.." I mumbled facing my feet. I could feel my cheeks growing hot. Damn that was embarrassing.

"It's okay, I have English with a.. Mrs Leyrone? Any idea where that is?" he chuckled. I looked up in surprise.

"Just come with me. That's my class aswell." I giggled. We had half an hour until school started so I took Luke on a small little tour around the school.