Chapter 23

.

.

Friday afternoon

.

"Yeah mum grounded me for a week." Ashton complained, as Luke, him and I sat in our usual spot under the tree.

"You think that's bad? I'm grounded for two months and my phones been taken off of me." I sighed, folding my arms over my chest.

"Sorry about that Jess." Ashton frowned.

"Hey, don't worry about it. I had fun." I smiled. "Luke, why are you being so quiet?" He just shrugged in reply.

"Yeah mate, you haven't been talking this morning." Ashton said with a concerned voice. I looked up to see a blonde headed bitch coming our way.

"If you will excuse me." I smiled at the two boys. As I stood up, I was greeted by the face I simply want to stab.

"Sky." She grinned wickedly.

"Johnson." I narrowed my eyes are her. "No one wants you here."

"Um, no actually, someone does." Her grin becoming wider.

"Well I sure don't, so what ever game you are playing back off." I hissed.

"This game, it's called life." she smirked. "And trust me, I'm gonna win."

"Yeah right." I scoffed. "Look Ashton doesn't want you here." I spat.

"Who said it was Ashton I'm here for." She argued, cocking her head in Luke's direction. I spun around to see he was already standing and had an apologetic look on his face.

"What?" I laughed. She fucking kidding me right?!

"Look I can explain." Luke sighed, not daring to look me in the eyes.

"Explain?! No, no you can't explain Luke. No matter what, you could never explain this!" I yelled, storming off. But before I could get anywhere, Luke grabbed hold of my wrist.

"Jessie let me exp-" he started but I cut him off.

"Don't you dare fucking touch me again!" I screamed, tugging out of his grip before running away.

•••••Luke's P.O.V•••••

"Don't you dare fucking touch me again!" she screamed, pulling free from my grip than running off.

"Great going arsewipe." Ashton commented before walking off the direction that she had gone.

Luke you fucking idiot!

I know.

You know how much she hates Lara!

But I needed to get my mind off of Jess.

What with screwing around with Lara?!

If that's what it takes!

You fucking disgrace me!

I know...

"Babe?" Lara smirked.

"Yeah?" I sighed.

"Naw don't feel bad for her, she deserves it. That little slut deserves every single bit I what she gets." she grinned. "Let me show you a fun night." She winked taking my arm, pulling me close to her. Locking our lips. The kiss was fast paced and hungrily, unlike any kiss I've shared with Jess.

•••••Jessie's P.O.V•••••

"Jess?" I looked up to see Ashton at my door.

"What do you want?" I snapped.

"I just want to make sure you are okay." he said sitting next to me on my bed.

"It's just, I trusted him. So fricken much."

"I know."

"I trust way too easy. That's one of my millions of flaws." I mumbled, leaning back on my bed.

"What you see as flaws, I see as perfections." he sighed, leaning back with me. This caused a smile to come onto my pain staked face.

"Why are you even here?" I asked.

"Because I care, a whole fucking lot actually." He replied, turning to face me. "I'm pissed at Luke too, not because she's my ex, but because he hurt you." I just nodded in reply.

"Do you ever feel like you are alone, that nobody quite gets you?" I asked another one of my stupid questions.

"I never did.. that was until I lost you." he sighed.

"Well I'm here now, aren't I?" I replied.

"Thank god for that, because I'd be lost if not." The corner of his mouth starting to form a smile.

"I missed you a lot Ashton." I smiled, a tear slipping away from my eye. Ashton wiped away the tear with his thumb.

"I missed you too, Jessie."