Chapter 7

Today was amazing, Luke and I went to Lunar Park, Taronga Zoo and on tours.. The whole day we were being complete idiots. It was so much fun!

"Thank you so much Luke, for everything." I smiled as we walk down the street towards his car.

"It's okay, I know when I need cheering up, I can alway go to you aswell." Luke grinned. suddenly he stopped to look at a poster.

"How early did your mum want you back?" he had a cheeky half smile on his face.

"I don't think she will mind." I giggled, checking the time on my phone, which read 7:03pm.

"Good, cause I've got one more plan for us." he chuckled, linking our arms.

"You ready, m-lady?" he asked in an English accent.

"Oh why yes I am." I imitated a posh like voice.

"Then let us be on our way." he chuckled as we started walking slow, with our chins up and backs straight. after about a minute I gave Luke a look and he sprinted grabbing my hand.

We where running down streets, getting strange looks off of people. Then we came to a bus stop, we waited for a while.

"Where are we going?" I groaned.

"You'll soon see." he winked.

The bus finally came, there was only one seat left inside so Luke suggested for me to sit on his lap. We were on the bus for what felt like forever, until it came to a stop at Bondi Beach.

"That's us!" he smiled, as he took my arm leading me off the bus.

"TAH-DA!" he screamed as we reached the beach. On the beach there seem to look like a massive festival going on. I yanked at Luke's arm pulling him down to the shore.

The smell of food filled the air. People talking and Laughing all around us.

"FAIRYFLOSS!" Luke screamed rushing towards a stall. Him saying that made me realise how hungry I was.

"Yeah, I'm a bit hungry. I'll meet you back here in half an hour.." I said walking in the other direction.

"Sure!" he shouted over the crowd. I turned back but he slowly faded as there was so many people. I sighed walking around. There is so many food stalls to choose from, in the corner of my eye I seen a taco stand. Tacos are my favourite food.

As I was waiting inline I felt a smallish, soft hand, grip my shoulder tightly. I turned around curious to who it was only too be meet by another hand slapping me hard against the face. I flinched at the pain and looked up to see a insanely skinny and tall girl with bleach blonde hair, emerald green eyes and big curves starring at me furiously.

"What the hell?!" I screamed. I was growing furious inside too, that's when I realised it was Lara.

"That's for kissing my boyfriend slut!" she hissed.

"Okay, number one; He kissed me! number two; You dumped him!" I yelled throwing my hands in the air.

"You a fat lying bitch! He told me so! And he doesn't know that I dumped him so it doesn't matter! I can play your friend as much as you want and you can't do a thing about it."

I clenched my jaw and knuckles. I was ready too kill her. We now had a crowed encouraging us to fight.

"And you can't do anything." she spat, once again slapping me square across my cheek. That's it I've had enough of her shit, I threw a punch straight at her face.

•••••••••LUKES POV••••••••••

I wasn't quite sure what I wanted to eat. I actually not that hungry anyway, I should just got back and find Jess it's been over half an hour she should be back at the meeting by now. I walked back but there was no sign of Jess anywhere. I headed the direction she came from with a bad feeling in my stomach that something had happened too her. My used to be walking pace ended up into a running one. I seen people in the distance they were chanting something as I got closer I could hear what they were chanting.

"FIGHT!FIGHT!FIGHT!" the crowed roared. The feeling in my stomach became even worse as I pushed my way into the middle to see what was going on. I finally made my way to the middle to see Lara slap a girl. That girl punched her square in the face, Lara falling to the ground, covering her face.

"Jess?" I called realising who the girl was. She faced me with tears in her eyes and a massive red mark against her face. She ran up and buried her face in my shirt, I wrapped my arms around her. I could feel her crying. Lara slowly got up and pulled a disgusting face at me. Her lip was splits and blood was running down her face. She then ran off crying. Remind me never to get on the bad side of Jess.

"Are you okay?" I whispered to Jess, lifting her chin to she was looking at me.

"I'm fine." She mumbled trying not to look me in the eye.

"I know you're not.." I said wiping away her tears. She buried her face back into my chest and we stayed like that for a while.

"Let's go home." I said wrapping my arms around her as we walked to the bus stop. After along bus ride and drive, we finally arrived at her house.

"I'm really sorry I took you, it's all my fault." I confessed to what has been on my mind alnight. She smirked.

"What?" I asked. She started to blush.

"It's just.. There was no way in hell you were involved back there, but you still think it's your fault. It's kinda.. Cute." She giggled, not looking me in the eye for the last bit. I felt my cheeks blush a little too, but not to obvious.

"But it is my fault I took you to the festival." I sighed looking at my hands.

"And I got to punch Lara in the face.. It's a win-win for us both." She laughed hugging me as we reached her door.

"Thank you for everything Luke, your an amazing person." She smiled up at me, we were still hugging.

"Your really the only friend I've ever had." I smiled back squeezing her tighter, then finally letting go.

"I'll see you tomorrow at school! I'll pick you up at 7.45!" I called running back to my car.

•••••••••JESS POV••••••••

After waving goodbye to Luke. I decided to get something to eat since that never happened because of Lara. I made my way to the kitchen and poured myself some cereal.

Who said cereal was just for breakfast?

I walked into the lounge room to see Mum, Anna and Jacob all turn towards me. I could tell mum and Annabell had been crying. Jacob had a look of disbelief, but I could tell he was hurt.

"Mum?" I asked my voice shaky.

"Sit down." she commanded. I did as she said, placing my cereal on the coffee table.

"What did we need to talk about?" I didn't really want to know as I could tell it was bad news.

"It's.. It's your father, he has left us.. For a younger woman in America, he is coming back for a day next week to collect his stuff." She started to cry. I felt my heart shatter, why would he do that? We were so close.. I thought he loved me. Why doesn't he love me?!

I just stood up, starring at the ground, trying to process exactly what's happening.

He just abandoned his own family!!

"That fucking arsewipe!" I shouted. Mums face was in shock. I have never sworn around her.

"Excuse me?" She raised her voice looking me straight in the eyes.

"You heard me!" I raised my voice louder.

"That is no way to talk about your father!" she yelled, giving me a stern look.

"Yeah?" I laughed with tears of anger engraved into my eyes.

"Yes!" She yelled again

"Well maybe he doesn't deserve to be my father after this!" I shouted as I stomped off to my room, Locking my door. I fell on my bed and let all the tears come out. I wanted Luke right now to hold me and say everything will be okay. I hugged my pillow and cried until the early hours of the morning, letting out all of my emotions that I have held in for so long. This all feels like a nightmare, just longing to wake up... But I never do.