Chapter 4

.

.

.

.

That Saturday

.

.

*knock knock*

"I'll get it!" I called rushing down the stairs opening the door.

"Good Morning Asht- you look like shit!" I bit my lip examining his face. He had bags under his eyes, his hair messier that usual and his eyes red.

"What happened? Ashton are you okay?" I haven't seen Ashton like this ever since his dad passed away.

"I-Lara-just" I managed to hear between his sobs. I think I knew what happened. I pulled him into a hug. He buried his face into the crook of my neck. I felt his warm tears land on my skin and roll away.

Even though I thought I'd happy if they broke up, I was more infuriated by the fact she just thrown him away like that. Ashton was seriously hurt aswell.

"It's okay." I whispered over and over rubbing my hand up and down his back. If there was one thing with Ashton is was he is never emotional but when he is, he lets it all out. I pulled my phone out of my pocket to see the time was 10.17am. Luke and I where going to go to the movies at 10.45 but I don't think that would be going to happen now. Luke and I have spent every afternoon together, well except Thursday. I can catch up with Luke another day, Ashton need me today.

"Hey Ash, how about we spend the day together like old times, huh?" I smirked, hoping for the bright and bubbly Ashton I know to come back.

"Really? After me being such a dick to you?" he sobbed looking me in the eyes.

"Well, how you treated me wasn't exactly the best, but what would a best friend be if they can't forgive right?" I smiled weakly.

"I'm really sorry about that. I never want to hurt you like that again." Ashton pulled me in for a hug. We stayed hugging for what was probably 3 minutes but felt like forever.

"Oh, I got to message Luke to say I won't be able to make it." I grabbed my phone and punched in a few letters.

Hey dude,

So bloody sorry but I've got to cancel on our movie. I've got a pretty upset Ashton to deal with. Catch up with you later.

Bai

"Why do you hang around him?" Ashton asked raising an eyebrow.

"Why do you care?" I raised an eyebrow as well.

"I don't it just, he doesn't look like he would be friend material." Ashton sighed.

"Well he has been great to keep me company while you ditched me." I said crossing my arms. We both were still standing at my front door.

"I know, I'm really sorry. It's just he doesn't seen your type." Ashton faced the ground trying to hide his slowly going red face from me. Wait why was he blushing? Wait, my type? Oh My God! He thinks Luke and I?!

"Wait! You think Luke and I?!" I bursted out laughing.

"To be honest the whole school thinks that." Ash replied scratching his head.

I felt my phone vibrate with a message.

Hey,

Well have fun with that. Heh, call me when ever.

Luke x

An x? Did he mean to put that there. It's probably not a big deal.

"What's wrong?" Damn it! Ashton can always tell when something's up.

"Nothing" I lied, quickly turning off my phone and putting it in my pocket. Ashton rolled his eyes.

"Come in. We will continue talking about what happened, but in my room." I said as Ash followed me up to my room.

.

.

.

.

"So your telling me she dumped you over text?" I was ready to kill her.

Ashton just nodded. He just sat on my desk chair looking at his hands for a while, as I walked back and forth in my room trying to keep my calm.

I walked over to Ashton making him look me in the eye.

"You deserve better. You deserve way better than her. You are the nicest and sweetest guy I know, and it kills me to see you like this." I lowered my voice to just above a whisper.

"Well it shouldn't, I fucked up, I deserve it, I've been a dick to you lately, no one should even like me." he mumbled facing away from me.

"Well I do." I stated, sitting on his knee, my hands cupping his face, making him face me.

"No you don't!" He said raising his voice.

"You're right I don't like you, I love you!" Before I knew what I was saying it was too late. Shit.

"Y-You do?" he looked quite surprised.

I didn't want to say anything. I just faced the floor hoping that I didn't really just say that, I let my hands fall from his face. "Did you really mean that?" he was still in shock.

"Yes." I then lifted my head to try and explain but only to have his lips crash into mine. Our lips in sync. He slid his arms around my waist, while I slid mine around his neck. I felt as if it was only us two in an empty room, this feeling took over me. I never felt this way before.

"Holy fuck!" I heard Jacobs voice. Ashton and I jumped up in fright to see Jacob standing at the door, with his eyes wide open.

"I come up to ask in you guys want lunch. Only too find you two making out." Jacob looked as if he was still trying to process it. I let out a nervous giggle. Jacob shook his head and walked back down stairs.

"Let's go get lunch." Ashton suggested kissing me on the cheek taking my small hand in his large one.