Chapter 6

.
.
.
My eyes they burn! I just want to sleep.
The light crept through the gap in the curtains, causing me to wake up. I went to move to shut the curtains only to be held down. I looked to my side to see Luke asleep next to me and his arms wrapped around me. He looks so peaceful when he sleeps, how his lips are lightly parted. Now my mission starts; close the curtains without waking Luke. I slowly started to slide out from his firm grip, when he grabbed me waist pulling me close to him. He opened his eyes with a wide smile.

"Now where do you think your going?" he smirked. His voice was deep and musky, full of sleep. He laid on his side and wrapped his arms around me for a hug, so my face was buried in his chest. He smelt of Vanilla, vanilla has been my favourite smell since a young age. It brought back so many memories.

"I was gonna close the curtain." I groaned turning my face towards his.

"How about we get breakfast instead?" Luke grinned.

"We're not cooking right? because your mum will probably never let me over again if we make a mess like that again." I giggled.

"Fine, I'll take you out to that cafe on the corner of George street." Luke chuckled.

"I'll go get dressed then well drop in at yours for you." He smiled, jumping out of bed. I followed him out of bed, then walked out to the bathroom to fix my hair.
.
.
.
.
I opened the door too my house, still wearing Luke's clothes.
"Wait in the lounge room, while I go get changed." I said to Luke making my way to my room. I got changed into High waist denim shorts, a white singlet and my faded pink vans. My hair in its usual high ponytail. As I started walking down stairs, I could here Luke talking to someone. As I got closer I realised it was my Mum.

"Mum?" I called running up to hug her.
She squeezed me tight.
"I missed you so much." She said with tears falling from her eyes.
"So did I. Why are you home early and where is dad?" I asked curiously.
"He is still in America. I have to talk to you, Anna and Jacob tonight." She smiled.
"Oh, ok... So you've meet my friend Luke?" I chirped, trying to change subject.
"Oh, yes. We were just talking. I've got to go unpack my suit case and carry up with some work around town. Have fun!" She called in a near sung like voice, whilst leaving the room.
I checked my phone too see it was 9am.

"Let got get something to eat, I'm starving." Luke complained grabbing my hand taking me too his car.
.
.
.
"She was so checking you out!" I laughed hitting Luke on the arm.

"Who was?" He asked raising an eye brow.

"The waitress!" I giggled.

"Why are you laughing? and I bet she wasn't." He smiled.

"You are so oblivious sometimes." I laughed again.

I put my hand up and called for the bill.
The same waitress from before came up with bill. She had long blonde hair, big brown eyes and a bit too much makeup on. I opened my purse to get the money out to pay, but Luke already bet me too it.

"Hey, I was gonna pay!" I glared at him.

"Well you get to pay next time then." he laughed sticking out his tongue at me.

The girl came back with a receipt and handed it too Luke and gave him a wink. As she walked away I started to giggle.

"See, I told you!" I couldn't help my self but nearly yell.

"She just winked?" Luke said amused.

"Oh really?"

"Yes." he laughed. I snatched the receipt out of his hand and turned it over to see handwriting, which I read aloud.

"Call me for a fun time on #0466873241, Jenny xo."

{please don't call this number.. it's random}

I looked up to see Luke with his eyes wide open, mouth open and both eyebrows up just staring at the reciept.

"Well?" I started laughing.

"What can I say, I'm a ladies man." Luke joked taking the receipt back and getting out of his seat walking over towards a bin to throw the receipt away. I followed him.

"Wanna be a tourist and do touristy things?" Luke was jumping up down like a little kid.

"I can't say no to that." I laughed as he grabbed my arm dragging me down the street. I've got a feeling today's gonna be way better than yesterday.