Chapter 21

So here I am, out at 3am. Freezing my tits off, just because Ashton decided to go on a road trip. I don't know what he had in mind but I'm starting to doubt it. There is no sign of Ashton or his car. Where is Ashton, the little shit? I've packed clothes, a pillow, blanket, food and money, along with phone charger and ect.

Two lights lit up the darkness of Dawn, I could make out that it was the headlights of the car. Sure enough it was Ashtons.

The window slowly rolled down.

"Going are way?" Ashton tired in a famine voice.

"Dickhead." I laughed shaking my head. Ashton hoped out of the car, taking my bag, telling me to keep hold of my pillow. I jumped into the passengers seat. As Ashton took off.

Ashton turned down a street which was some what familiar, but in the darkness I couldn't tell anything. That was until Ashton stopped at a house. I could make out the shape, I knew straight up who's house this was.

"Why are we here?" I asked, incredibly confused.

"I said 'Us' didn't I?" he smirked. A tall blonde figure made it's way to the car. Opening the door and sliding inside.

"You ready Hemmings?" Ashton asked looking at him through the rear view mirror.

"As ready as I'll ever be Irwin." Luke chuckled, clicking on his seat belt.

"Hey Jess." Luke smiled at me, I gave him a smile back before sitting back into my seat. This trip was going to be an interesting one. I thought them two disliked each other.

.

.

.

As much as I'd like to talk about how great, awkward, funny, boring it was so far.. I really had no clue. I had fallen asleep almost immediately, it was 3am. That's a perfectly good reason to fall asleep. I think. Don't ask me how but Ashton had managed to stay awake the whole time and I woke up at 9.30am.

"Where are we going?" I asked stretching my arms.

"You'll see." he smirked.

"Are we anywhere near close?" I was getting sick of his wait and see game.

"We are about an hour away. Do you want to call into Macca's for breaky?" he asked. My belly was rumbling, so I nodded.

"Your waking up Luke then." Ashton motioned his head in Luke's direction. I swear Luke slept in the most awkward potions in a car. His feet near where my head is and his head where his butt is a meant to be.

"Righto." I chirped.

.

.

.

"Luke?" I said softly, nudging his arm. He didn't move a muscle.

"Luke!" I shouted right in his ear. That surely woke him up.

"Holy Shit!" he screamed, jumping in his seat. His eyes adjusted as he stared at me.

"Breakfast time." I smiled, walking away from the petrified Luke. After a short moment Luke emerged from the car, taking a seat next to Ashton and I at McDonalds.

"Good morning sunshine." Ashton chuckled, as Luke took his seat. I rolled my eyes.

"I'm going to go order for us. I'll be right back." Ashton smiled, standing from his seat and walking towards the queue.

"Do you have any idea where we are going?" I asked, Luke had too know.

"Maybe.. Maybe not." he smirked.

"You are as bad as Ashton." I wined, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Oh come on. You will find out soon enough." he reassured.

"But why can't soon be now." I complained, taking my phone out of my pocket.

It had 13 miss calls from mum.

"Fuck!" I cursed. It hadn't really occurred to me that I'd be leaving for a week with out telling a soul, yet again I won't be at school either.

"What's wrong?" he asked, seeming worried. I just showed him the screen his mouth turning to a 'o' shape.

"Yeah, your fucked." he chuckled, taking another look.

"Thanks for the friendly support." I smiled sarcastically.

I thought it would be best too send her a text. Unless I want too be deaf.

Hey mum,

I'm fine, I've just gone on a trip with Ashton and Luke. I'll be home soon. No need too worry about me, I have the boys to take care or me.

Jessie

I sent the message, sliding my phone back into my pocket. I let out a shiver as I got hit by the cold winter wind rushing in from the open doors.

Everyone thinks Australia is some tropical country. Well maybe the Northern Territory and Queensland are, but all the rest of the states/Territories are very seasonal. Right now it is the start of winter.

"Here you go." Ashton chuckled, placing three large hot chocolates in the middle of the table.

"Thanks." I smiled reaching out for one. My once were trembling from the cold fingers, now had tight grip on the hot paper cup. Every sip felt as if a heater was inside of me, which was good for this situation. The hot chocolate was one of the best I've had, even though I think I've burnt nearly the whole inside of my mouth.

Once we had finished at McDonalds we were back in the car again. I was bursting too know where bouts we were going.

"Can you tell me yet?" I huffed, slouching into the back seat. Luke and I swapped places.

"Nope." Ashton laughed, a smile formed on Luke's face.

"Please?" I begged. I hate surprises. Ashton shook his head.

"What's this about at least?" I asked.

"We have to prove too you that you aren't worthless, and that's what we are going to do." Ashton replied, adjusting the rear view mirror.

"But why out here?" I asked.

"Because we can have fun while doing so." Luke said for him. Ashton them turned down a dirt road. We were travelling down it for about half an hour before Ashton stopped the car out the front of a little shack. It was cute.

"Go and grab your shit." Ashton laughed opening the door to the shack, with a key that was under the mat. I did as he said grabbing my pillow and bag.

The shack was small, but cozy. You walked into the lounge room, dinning room and the kitchen all rolled into one. There was a tiny little hall way with three doors. One which lead too a small bathroom, The door just across from that was a bed room with two beds, a king and a single. The other door was locked. I placed my things on the ground.

"Sorry it's only four stars." Ashton joked, throwing his bag onto the ground. His eyes went wide when he seen how the beds where. Luke closely followed.

"I'm not sleeping with Ashton." Luke laughed. I gave in and place my thing on one side of the king bed. Luke and Ashton didn't even move.

"You have a minute too make up your mind or you both are sleep on the single." I snapped, I literally have no patience. Ashton and Luke just gave each other a look then nodded.

"We will take turns." Ashton sighed, placing his stuff on the single bed. I guess that mean in sharing with Luke tonight.

"Guys go too sleep, at 4.45pm our first challenge starts." Ashton huffed falling onto the bed.

"Challenge? Ashton were bouts are we?" I asked, he said he had to tell me now.

"The middle of no where."