Chapter 14

"Jess, Luke is here." mum called from the kitchen.

"Ok, cya after school. Love you." I rushed, pecking her on the cheek then rushing out the door. I hoped in the front seat of Luke's car.

"Morning." I smiled, clipping in my seatbelt.

"Have you heard about Ashton and Lara?"he scoffed, driving down the street.

"Nah."

"Well." he said biting his lip. I gave him a glare.

"Don't." I warned. He raised his eyebrows realising what he had done.

"Sorry, habit." He laughed.

"Better be." I groaned, sinking into the car seat.

"Anyway carry on." I gestured for him to continue.

"They broke up, Ashton caught her cheating on him with Scott Brown. He walked in on them having sex." It was no surprise, but still.

"Better yet, he was going there to talk to her about their relationship, and the conversation you guys had last week." he grinned. This made me smile, a part of Ashton actually believed me and knew I was right. The one question on my mind now is where the heck did Luke fun out all this shit.

"You okay Jess?" Luke asked, waking me from my thoughts. I realised that we had pulled up at school.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I was just lost in thought." I admitted, climbing out of his car.

"Oh, the English thing is due tomorrow, I've finished everything. Have you?" he asked, locking the car then pacing over too me. I nodded my head.

"You know you still haven't shown me the poem." I said making my way to where we usually sit, under a big gum tree.

"You'll see it tomorrow." he smirked, sitting down. I groaned.

"Hey.. uh Jess. Can I sit with you?" I looked up to see Ashton biting his lip.

"Don't bite your lip mate, Jess hates it." Luke joked.

"Hey!" I giggled, hitting him. I turned back to Ashton.

"Sure." I smiled. Ashton gave a sigh of relief, sitting down next to me.

"I'm so sorry." he mumbled. I just nodded my head. I didn't want to say anything just in case a big drama started.

"We haven't been properly introduced, I'm Luke Hemmings." Luke smiled holding out his hand.

"Ashton Irwin." Ash grinned, shaking his hand.

"How's your English assessment going?" Luke asked, trying to start a conversation.

"Yeah great. Lara didn't do anything so I crossed her name off of it." he smiled, this made me laugh.

"Doesn't surprise me." I added.

"I actually did the poem thing, and I wrote it for someone special." he chuckled, his cheeks going red.

"Uh.. Same." Luke said, his dare fixed at the ground.

"That's adorable, I know it will be amazing both of you." I smiled. Both of their faces lighted up, smiling so much making their dimples show. They both are extremely cute.

Argh, Jess! We established the fact that you no longer like Ashton for being a dick and You have to push your feeling for Luke out of the window.

Goddammit! I can't help it though.

I have to shut all my feelings and emotions down. They are ruining my life.