Chapter 2

Luke and I sat next to each other in the back corner at English, while Ashton and Lara sat in the middle. Luke and I got along quite well actually. It turns out we both shared many interests.

"Alright Class, your normal teacher isn't at school today, so I am here to fill in for her. I'm Miss Dorwney." The young lady smiled. She had light brown hair that went to half way down her back, with beautiful hazel eyes too. She was short but slim. She looked like a lovely person.

"Alright, I have been informed to give you guys a project to complete in partners. You both together have to write an essay, a story, a poem and create a slide show about valentines day or love, it's due back the 30th of May. And yes you guys get to pick your partners." The class broke into cheers. It's hardly ever we are trusted to pick our own partner. I looked up at Ashton but I could see he was already with Lara. I looked back down to my desk. Luke placed his hand on my back.

"Hey Jessi-" Luke started.

"Just call me Jess." I shrugged.

"Okay Jess, I was just saying you don't need to worry about.. Ashton is it?.. I don't know but I do know she is a bitch and it won't last long. He looks like a nice guy.' He smiled, his lip piercing just made him look even more adorable. There was no denying the fact that he was attractive.

"Am I really that easy to read?" I better not be.

"No, I just pay attention to lots of thing others don't." He made that sound as if it was a bad thing.

"So, do you want to be my partner then, Luke?" I could use the time to get to know him better at least.

"I don't think anyone else would put up with me." He chuckled.

"Are you kidding me? There was at least ten girls when you came walking in giving you the eye." I laughed nudging him with my elbow. We both started laughing.

"You can come over this afternoon if you want. My parents are in America for the next two weeks." I smiled.

"Yeah sure, I just won't be able to come over on Thursdays that's all." He smirked, fixing his hair. His hair stood so perfectly quiffed.Why is he so perfect? He waved his hand in front of my face again.

"Fuck. I did it again, didn't i?" I giggled looking at the ground, my cheeks blushing again.

"It's fine." he chuckled.

After English me Luke and I went our Separate ways, he had Music and I had Art. Before we knew it, it was time to go home.

Ashton and I were talking.

"Hey Ash, so is it alright if me and Luke walk home?" I asked.

"Um, that Luke guy I don't trust him, I don't like him and think you shouldn't either." Ashton said with a serious face.

Well that was a sudden outburst, wasn't it?

"Well now you understand how I feel with Lara." I said sternly, folding my arms and walking away. Luke was waiting for me at the school gate. Ashton grabbed my arm facing me towards him.

"Fucking hell, it's just. I don't want him hurting you. I don't want anyone to hurt you! You're my best friend." he sighed.

"Really? Well you're doing a fucking great job at hurting me lately." I laughed and stomped off towards Luke. We started for my house.

"So why did you move here? Too Sydney?" I asked as we both were kicking rocks up my street.

The sky was grey in the distance

"A new start at life I guess, there was some family issues at home." He mumbled.

"Where here." I called trying to change subjects. It didn't feel right to ask about his family yet.