Chapter 3

Luke and I spent all night watching movies and laughing at each other's jokes.

"So your telling me, you'd rather date Batman than superman?" Luke said with a puzzled expression on his face.

"Yes, I am." I laughed, we have had this conversation about 30 times now.

"Why?" he moaned sitting up on the couch facing me.

"It's stupid." I sighed.

"Well you defiantly have to tell me now." he chuckled

"Well.. It's just when I was little I wasn't like all the girls wanting a prince. I wanted a superhero, but I wanted not like superman. I-I wanted him to be normal. I just want someone to be a hero... My hero." I mumbled still looking down at my hands. Luke put his hand under my chin forcing me to look him in the eyes.

"You deserve that. You deserve someone to call a hero." he smirked.

"Thanks." I whispered. Our eyes staying connected.

"Who's this?" I heard an almost too familiar voice call from behind. Luke and I both turned to see Jacob standing at the door with an amused smile on his face.

"Jacob this is Luke. Luke this is my 14 year old brother Jacob." I said introducing each other.

"Wait. Where were you? It's 11.30! It's Monday night!" I growled raising my voice.

"Party." he shrugged leaving the room.

"Wait you went to a party?" I called after him.

"Yeah. So?" he turned his black hair falling over his green eyes.

"So? It's Monday!" I gave him a stern look. In reply he rolled his eyes as he turned and walked upstairs to his room. I turned back to Luke as the room fell silent.

"That went well." Luke laughed breaking the silence.

"That's our good conversations, it's sad." I laughed along with him.

"Hey, the rain has eased up a bit and the storm has stopped, so I better go home. It was great fun hanging with you. Can we hang out tomorrow again?" he said biting his lip as he got up grabbing his bag and books.

"Um, sure. I'll cya tomorrow then." I followed him to the door.

"Bye Jess." Luke called as he waved goodbye. I watched him walk down the street till he was no longer visible.

Laying in bed I just couldn't stop thinking of him. I really do hope we become good friends. I really need one seen as Ashton acts as if I don't even exist. I don't know, maybe I do like Luke, but I only just meet him. And what about Ashton? I can't just drop him! Oh wait he dropped me and that hurt really bad.