Chapter 17

I awoke to the sound of a train, scaring the living shit out of me. In this darkness I obviously didn't notice the train tracks right beside the bench I had fallen asleep on. I looked down at my watch (yes I know, I'm wearing a watch, I didn't say I was cool), I was under the street light but that didn't help very much, I made out the time was 2.30am. No one would be looking for me. Mum would of thought Id be at Ashton's or Luke's. Ashton and Luke would of thought I'd be at home. Anna wouldn't give a shit if I never came home. The only person who would actually come look for me would be Jacob but even still there's only a one in a hundred chance of that. The train had now past and it started to rain, getting heavier and heavier by the second. Thunder booming in the distance, while lightning lite up the sky for one glimpse of a milli second.

"Couldn't of asked for a better timing." I sighed looking around for shelter. There was only abandoned buildings all around. I'm sure no body will no if I trespassed. I climbed through a hole in a fence and made my way into an old building, I slid down next too the front door, leaning against the wall. I want to go home, but yet I don't.

"What's a fine china like you doing all alone at this time of night?" a voice crept from behind, I jumped to my feet in freight turning around too see a young man who looked around my age. His hair black in the middle, with a shade of dark purple on the sides. He was towering over me with height, he was quite tall. Nearly the same height as Luke.

"What's it too you?" I snarled, I'm starting to freak out.

"You really shouldn't be here." He warned.

"Well I'm here now there's not much you can do about it." I shrugged. Suddenly I heard dog whistles, as a group of boys emerged from the darkness of the room. The boy cursed under his breath. There was about 7 boy walking towards us.

"What have you got here Mike?" one of them smirked at me, taking a step closer. His hair jet black and up in a quiff. His eyes were of a sea green. Tattoos covering every visible inch of him.

"Nothing Jack, now back off." Mike growled in a low voice. At least I think that his name according to the so called Jack.

"Oh come on, you don't even know her." Jack grinned, walking towards me. I backed up as far against the wall as I could. He placed a hand next to my head.

"Let's go babe." he snickered, leaning to kiss me. I pushed him away.

"How am I a meant to say this politely.. oh I know, fuck off." I hissed. Heading towards the door, but Jacks hand snatched onto mine pulling me back as he wrapped his cold arms around me.

"Your not going anywhere." he whispered in my ear, his cold sharp breath leaving daggers.

"Let go of me!" I scream, kicking but he wouldn't budge.

"Now. Now. That's no way to treat your soon to be lover." his voice dark and husky.

"Lover? Try Rapist." I laughed mockingly, squirming to be set free.

"Jack. Cut it out!" Mike yelled, grabbing Jack by the collar of his shirt. Jack dropped me.

"Or what?" Jack grinned.

"Or this." Mike punched him square in the nose, before grabbing my hand and dragging me behind him as we ran. I didn't know where, but I didn't care. I trusted Mike enough by his actions back there too follow him without hesitation. He stopped running when we reached a black ute.

"Get it." he ordered, I did as he said hoping into the passenger seat. He started the engine, before taking off down the road. It was silent for a while.

"Thank you for saving me back there." I said fidgeting with my hands.

"No problem, I wasn't going to stand there and let him do anything too you." he admitted.

"Well, thank you. I'm Jessie, but please call me Jess." I smiled looking at the mystery boy who had basically saved my life back there.

"Okay Jess, I'm Michael." He smiled back but keeping his emerald green eyes concentrated on the road. "I really think I need to clean you up, Jess. By any chance where you in a fight earlier today?" I just nodded to his question after a while I came to speek.

"Uh, yeah. Me and my Sister, we kinda had a massive punch up." I sighed looking down at my lap. "So I kind of left home because I was pissed and I ended up here."

Michael shook his head.

"So where's home?" he asked.

"Richmond." I sighed. His eyes widened.

"How long did you walk for?" he was sounding pretty concerned.

"I Dont Know, 5 hours maybe." I murmured.

"Fuck. You must be tired."

I just nodded in reply.

"I'll drop you home tomorrow, well later today seen as it already is three. You can crash at mine if you want?" he offered.

"Really? You don't have too do that for me." I was amazed by how generous he was.

"I insist, you've had a rough day you need rest." he said, pulling into a drive way of a small house.

"I live with my cousin, so sorry if she is a pain." he smiled weakly before getting out of the car, I hoped out of the car and followed Michael into the small house. Although it was small it was still welcoming.

"She must be asleep." Michael yawned, making me yawn. A chuckle excaping his lips."You can have the bed, I'll take the lounge." he smiled.

"Michael, you are already generous enough for letting me stay here, I'm not kicking you out of your bed." I whined making sure to be quiet.

"I don't care you staying in a bed." He groaned. "We will talk about this later. I've got to clean you up." he took my arm, leaning me too the kitchen where he came back with a first aid box. I was sitting the counter as he whipped away all of the dried blood and cleaned up my cuts.

"As good as new." he smiled.

"Thank you." I giggled.

I've never said thank you so many times in my life.

"Do you want anything to eat or drink?" he asked.

"Can I have a glass of water please?" I smiled.

"Sure." he smiled back, filling a glass with water then handing it too me.

"Thank you." Here we go again with another thank you.

"Your sleeping in that bed." Michael chuckled.

"Were are you going to sleep?" I asked.

"On the couch." he smirked.

"I can't let that happen." I said shaking my head.

"Why not?" he raised an eye brow.

"Because it's your house." I replied, taking a sip of my water.

"Where am I a meant to sleep then." he groaned.

"In your bed, I'll go on the couch." I smiled.

"Fine, I've got some clothes you can get changed into, my cousin won't mind." he smirked, I followed him up the stairs, he gave me the clothes and I got changed in his room. (he wasn't in there obviously).

It was his cousins clothes and it was a perfect fit. Fleece pyjama pants along with a Micky mouse t-shirt. I opened the door too see Michael had changed too, He was wearing long sweat pants, with no shirt.

"I'm gonna go to bed, well the couch now." I smiled, heading to walk out the door, But Michael instead picked me up and threw me down on his bed along with him self. I started to giggle, we were both lying there, his arm wrapped securely around my waist. I slowly drifted off to sleep.