Chapter 8

I cried all night, I couldn't fall a sleep. Mum has knocked on the door nearly every hour, but I haven't replied. I laid curled up in a ball on my bed, the sheets wet from tears. It was morning, I could tell by the light shinning through the curtains. I got up and walked over to my window that out looked onto the street and Ashton's house. I seen Ashton holding Lara's hand as they walked towards his car. I felt my soul disappear, as if I was only this lifeless body. I shut the blind so I could no longer see out any more. I sighed, slouching as I dragged my feet back to my bed. There was no way in hell I was going to school today. The thoughts of Ashton kissing me filled my mind, closely followed by the phone call he received. I felt tears run down my cheeks. The thoughts of The fight and Mums news soon made their way in as well. I bet Lara has told Ashton and already has him manipulated to only see her side of the story. I just laid on my bed facing the ceiling, tears rolling down my face. I don't even feel like being here anymore. Suddenly I heard a knock on my door.

"Go away!" I shouted, thinking that is was mum.

"Id rather talk to you." I heard a worried voice whisper through the door.

"L-Luke?" I trembled, I really needed someone right now.

"Yeah?" he replied in a low voice.

I jumped off of my bed, ran to the door unlocking it and wrapping my arms around his back, burying my face into his shoulder. He was in shock for a second but soon hugged me back. I lifted my face to look at him.

"Why are you here?" I croaked.

"Well, I was ament to be picking you up for school remember, but your mum said you haven't gotten out of your room last night.. ever since the.. er.. news." He sighed looking me in the eyes.

"You know?" I asked. he didn't say anything, just nodded. The memory made me build tears up in my eyes again.

"Let's go lay down, you look like a mess." he chuckled, leading me into my room, shutting the door.

"Don't you have to go to school?" I asked with a puzzled face. He smirked moving a stand of hair from my face to behind my ear.

"Why would I do that when your not there?" He said biting his lip.

.

.

.

We were lying on my bed all cuddled up like we were at his. My tears stained his white t-shirt but he didn't seem to care.

"I haven't ever cried this much in my life. I promise I'm not like this, I'm just broken inside right now.." I mumbled half asleep.

"I know." Luke sighed, kissing me on the forehead. We stayed like that until I finally fell asleep. I started having a dream, it was about Luke. We were laying on the beach all cuddled up, it was late and I was nearly asleep as Luke was singing.

"I like you Jess, quite alot. It hurts me to see you so upset." he whispered into my ear, his lips pressed up against them like they were when the storm happened. My eyes snapped open.

To find Luke asleep next to me with his arms protectively around me, I looked at the alarm clock to see it was 6.57pm. I decided to go back to sleep seen as I had none last night. I woke up again to a Luke smiling.

"How'd you sleep?" he smiled pulling me tighter into a hug. I smiled. It was dark inside the room I could tell it was past midnight.

"Good." I turned over to see the time was 4 am.

"Shit." I gasped, looking back at the time doing a retake.

"Did I really sleep for that long?" I asked worried for Luke's sake. Luke let out a small laugh.

"Yep." he replied.

"I'm so sorry." I said getting out of bed. I really badly needed to go to the toilet.

"No need." he reassured chuckling.

"I'll be right back." I called near running to the bathroom. Once I'd used the toilet. I walked up to the mirror to see I was a complete wreak. Bags under my eyes. Mascara stained on my cheeks from Sunday. My hair was everywhere and my face had gone really pale. I am such a mess. I made my way back into my room.

"I'm a total wreck right now, look at me." I complained slouching down at the end of my bed.

"Still as beautiful as ever." Luke smiled moving next to me.

"Your only being nice." I moaned.

"Ok, maybe you do look like shit... but your the only girl I know who can pull that off." he laughed giving me a wink. I giggled.

Luke can always make me smile, there's something about him I just can't quite put my finger on.