Chapter 9

After I cleaned up, Luke took me for a drive to the park. The sun was starting to rise now, we were both sitting on the swings talking.

"Luke?" I was debating on whether to ask him a question that has been on my mind ever since the first day we met.

"Yeah?" he replied.

"Why did you come up to me on the first day of school? I mean you could of gone up to anyone, but why me?" I asked, suddenly regretting my choice of speaking.

"I don't really know too be honest." he replied.

"Can we not go to school for today again?" I really was not looking forward to going back for a few reasons.

1.Being Ashton

2.Being Ashton

3.Being Ashton

4.Being Lara

5.Being everyone will be asking about my dad because I already know it's the gossip of the town.

"Sure." he laughed.

We stayed talking until it was 10am. We then decided to go and watch a movie at the cinema. It turns out they were replaying old movies, we watched The Notebook.

"I never watched The Notebook before just then.. that was so hard trying not to get teary." Luke admitted. I stayed to giggle, I never met a boy that is willing to admit that he was getting emotional.

"Well, I still cry every time if that makes you feel any better." I joked swinging our hands back and forth. I've started to realise that holding hands is something Luke and I do quite often as if it's nothing.

.

.

.

.

The following Day

.

.

I was sitting in Luke's car, even though we where parked in the school car park.

"Are you sure I can do this?" I asked trying back my way out of this.

"Yes." Luke nodded.

"What if Lara gets in my way and I accidentally kill her?" I am starting to scare my self.

"Then make it look like an accident. look you'll be fine." Luke reassured pulling me in for a hug over the centre consul, kissing my forehead. he then pulled away and opened his door, I copied his actions opening my door and getting out of his car, walking into the school together, at the corner of my eye I caught Ashton staring at us. I kept walking straight ahead. Luke and I hang out under this tree out next to the oval at Lunch times and free periods.

"I've got Maths. Bye." I gave Luke a hug and made my way to maths. Only one person I have to dodge in maths;

Lara.

I took my seat at the back of the class room. Lara came right past a knocked my books off of my desk give a little giggle.

"Whoops." she grinned tilting her head.

"Whoops, my arse." I mumbled. She placed her hands on my desk towering above me.

"This is my school, now follow my rules bitch! Everyone knows about your Dad, he is such a man-whore. I know see were you get it from!" she spat in a low voice. I slammed my hands on my desk, standing up so I was now taller than her. This caught everyone is the classes attention.

"You know what? I'm fucking done with your shit! Don't you ever bring my father into this!" I yelled, ready to bust a fuse.

"Girls! SIT DOWN!" The teacher warned. Lara gave me a deadly look then stormed out of the room. well that's one problem down the drain.

Everyone was staring at me as I slid back down into my seat crossing my arms. A boy stood up and started clapping, soon the whole class was clapping a cheering. A smirk grew on my face, at least I'm not the only one who hated her. The day went by really quickly, before I knew it I was at Luke's house working on the English assessment. I had finished both of my tasks. Luke on the other hand was taking his time and still wouldn't show me the poem that he was working on.

"Luke? Jess? I've made you guys something to eat." Liz called from the kitchen. Luke and I scrambled over each other racing into the kitchen. Liz had made Tacos.

"I LOVE TACOS!!" I called grabbing a plate and tacos.

It was late by the time Luke dropped me off.

"Thank you so much Luke. I don't think I could of done anything without you." I admitted as we stood at my door.

"Hey..um.. On Friday there is this party and I..er.. was wondering if you would want to go with me..?" Why was Luke stumbling.

"Sure." I replied a little too fast, I could feel my cheeks starting to grow warm. Luke had a hand on my arm, he lent in. For some reason so did I. WTF?! Why is this happening?! We were about 3cm apart. Then Jacob opened the door, both Luke and I jumped back. Jacob wasn't facing us when he opened the door and he looked like he had no clue what happened.

"Um. I'm just gonna go.." Jacob said giving me a strange look. Then walking down the road. Where was he going?

"Er... Sorry about that." Luke mumbled, scratching the back of his neck.

"Yeah.. sorry. I'll see you tomorrow then." I blushed a little more.

"Yeah, see you tomorrow." Luke gave me a hug and walked back his car and drove off down me street. I walked inside not saying anything to anyone, went straight into my room and collapsed onto my bed. We were so close to kissing! I actually wanted to be kissed. Does this mean I like him? I don't do I? It was probably just the heat of the moment. I've only known him for about 2 weeks. My feelings are so confusing right now.

•••••••Luke's P.O.V••••••••

I parked my car out the front of my house, but I didn't bother too move, I just stayed there thinking about how we nearly kissed. Yeah, I know I went into kiss her but I didn't expect her to go with it. I'm ament to be her friend! she needs a friend right now, not a boyfriend. She liked Ashton anyway.

Yeah you hear that liked, not likes.

Shut up.

You really like her, take the chance.

But she'll reject me!

Well it didn't look like she rejected you tonight.

God I am so confusing!