Chapter 22

"I don't think I can do this guys!" I called, I looked down over the ledge. The ground looked miles away. Luke and Ashton were at the bottom. My stomach in knots from nerves. They are expecting me too abseil down the face of this cliff, are they crazy?

"Come on Jess you can do it. Ashton and I are right here. Nothing will happen." Luke called back.

"You know my phobia of heights!" I was literally freaking out right now.

"Jess, you trust us right? Well, maybe not be after the dick moves I've pulled lately, but still. Do you remember the little boy that you used to have sleep overs and movie marathons with? The boy who used to comfort you when you were down, the boy who shared his advice with you, let alone ask for yours. Jessie he hasn't gone any where, I'm right here." Ashton called, memories flooding through my head, tears came too my eyes.

I've got to do this, for that little boy.

"I'm coming down." I called, clipping my harness to the rope, as I stood on the edge.

Come on Jess, deep breaths. You can do this.

I closed my eyes and began to walk down the face of the cliff.

"That's it easy steps." Luke calmed.

I opened my eyes to see I was half way down about 10 metres to go. This actually isn't too bad.

I could see the rope beginning to break.

"Ropes breaking!" I called. Starting to freak out.

"Luke grab the safety rope!" Ashton ordered as he rushed beneath me.

Great so this is how I'm going to die. Isn't this just fantastic. Luke was too late to reach for the safety rope, as mine had already snapped and I was falling. I screamed, squeezing my eyes tightly together. After a while I realised I couldn't feel any pain and I wasn't on the ground.

"I've got you princess." I heard Ashton whispered into my ear. I opened my eyes to see Ash had caught me, bridal style. I gave him a short smile but that's all I remember before everything went black.

.

.

.

•••••Ashton's P.O.V•••••

"Luke, I know. I know you like her, so do I though." I sighed. My head in my hands. We were at Luke's house. After the little incident, we decided to go home. Jess was unconscious still from yesterday. She was in Luke's room as we were in the kitchen.

"Do you even know what she went though when you treated her like you did?" He hissed, obviously not impressed.

"No I actually don't, but I know it wasn't good. I like her Luke I really do, even when I did that I knew I liked her, but I was oblivious. I thought she would always be there for me, no matter how I treated her. But then I lost her trust, which meant I lost her as well. Luke you are her prince in shinning armour, and I'm just some fucking dick trying his hardest to patch up the scars he caused." I yelled.

"You hurt her though!" He yelled back.

"All I want is her forgiveness and trust back! I just want my best friend back! Can't I have that? Right now she needs a friend more than a lover Luke!" I barked.

"I know." he sighed, running a hand through his hair

"Then stop competing with me. You know you have already won anyway." I stated, heading towards Luke's room to go check on Jessie.

•••••Jessie's P.O.V•••••

I could hear voices, which awoke me from my sleep.

"Do you even know what she went though when you treated her like you did?" Luke? Why is he yelling?

"No I actually don't, but I know it wasn't good. I like her Luke I really do, even when I did that I knew I liked her, but I was oblivious. I thought she would always be there for me, no matter how I treated her. But then I lost her trust, which meant I lost her as well. Luke you are her prince in shinning armour, and I'm just some fucking dick trying his hardest to patch up the scars he caused." I heard Ashton yell.

"You hurt her though!" Luke shot back.

Were they arguing about me?

"All I want is her forgiveness and trust back! I just want my best friend back! Can't I have that? Right now she needs a friend more than a lover Luke!"

Who else could they be talking about? Do they both feel like that about me?

Well great way to confuse me even more.

Before I knew it I heard footsteps coming towards the door. There was no way in hell they could know I heard the conversation, so I pretended to be asleep.

"Jess?" I heard Ashton whispere, as much as I wanted to respond, I didn't. "All I want is for you to know I'm sorry, you have Luke and he is very lucky. He deserves you." Ashton sighed, kissing my hand. I heard his foot steps faintly disappear out the door. I soon heard the front door close.

Ashton's gone? Why?

"Jess are you awake?" It was Luke this time, I didn't reply, yet again. All I could think about is why did Ashton leave, why were they arguing about me. I soon felt the bed dip and Luke's body beside me. I could feel him playing with my hair, I tried my hardest not to smile. "I promised myself not too let you get hurt again, if Ashton stays he might hurt you again." Luke sighed. "But.. if Ashton leaves, I know it will hurt you. I hate this, the fighting, the hurting, how you always seem to be in tears. Neither Ashton nor I want that, we want the same thing, for you to be happy. Whether that's with us or with out. We would both got through hell and back just for you to be okay." The weight from the bed was now gone, so was Luke.

What am I a meant to do, I can't just keep leading them both on like this.

There Ashton, the boys I've crushed on since a preteen. I've been best of friends with my whole life, he was always there for me, until Lara came around.

Then there Luke, the one who came around when I had no one. I hadn't know him for long but it was long enough to know he was true and genuine.

I need to make up my mind, and soon.