6 - Video

Veronica's POV

I week later.......

We have started therapy, and it doesn't hurt to talk anymore. I went in for my hand surgery yesterday, and it's in a cast. My head got stitched up last week, the day after I told Collins I loved him. I really do. Him and Nessa have stayed in the room 24/7. Devan went home, calling in every other day to check in. My parents pop in every now and again, and ring every day. I have such a great family. I love them all so much.

I'm getting surgery on my foot today, that's why they haven't put my leg in a cast, because I'll get 2, and it's easier to do 2 at one time. Susan is my regular doctor, she gives me updates, and keeps my spirits up. I have this lovely lady called Beth, who is my physical therapist. She helps me strengthen my talking, and will help me with my movements once the surgeries are over. I can't wait. I'm sick of being stuck in bed.

"I'm going to Starbucks on the way over, you want anything?" Devan asks over the phone. "I'm sure Nessa will want her tea with two pumps raspberry, two pumps classic, no berries and light ice? I'm pretty sure I've missed something." Everyone laughs. "I'll just have a hot chocolate thanks Devan."  Nessa smiles. "Can I have a vanilla latte?" Collins asks. "Want anything Veronica?" "Just a water thanks. This hospital water is really gross!" Everyone laughs, and Devan hangs up the phone.

Devan walks in the room about 20 minutes later, holding a rather large bag. "You got a lot!" Collins laughs. "Are we filming a challenge or something!" Collins laughs. I look up at Vanessa. "Our Channel!" We say together. "What about it? it's great." Devan questions. "We haven't posted in a week!" Vanessa cries. "Did you bring the camera?" I ask. Devan and Collins exchange weird looks. "Yes." Nessa pulls out a camera, and sets it up in a shelf. "Wait, your filming a video now?" Collins asks, choking on his Latte. "Yeah! We need to inform our viewers!" Nessa snaps at Collins. "Sorry, that was rude." Nessa smiles, and turns on the camera. She pulls me into a sitting position and Devan presses record.

"Hey guys!" "I'm Veronica!" "And I'm Vanessa!" "As you guys can see, we are no in our usual area. " Vanessa starts. "And we didn't post last Tuesday, or have we been on social media." I add in. "That is because Roni, she got in a car accident last week." Devan and Collins gasp from behind the camera. We giggle. "Yes, but Ronis getting better, slowly, and we have some other updates for you guys." Nessa smiles at the camera. I gesture Collins and Devan into the shot. "Those of you you have Twitter most probably know, but me and Collins are dating." I squeeze his hand. "Yes." Collins smiles. Devan looks at us and grins. "And Devan is here supporting Roni." Nessa adds, looking at Devan. "We might do another video on what is wrong with me, but for now..." I smile at Nessa, Collins, and Devan. "See you next time!" We all chorus. We laugh, and Collins hits end.

----

Vanessa's POV

I am currently sitting in the hospital lobby, using their wifi to upload our video. I hit post when Devan joins me. "Hey there." He smiles. His smile is so gorgeous, it reminds me of Christiano Ronaldo! I stare at his smile for about 10 seconds, then smile."Hey!"  Devan shimmies closer to me, trying to make it look natural but failing. I laugh. Does he actually like me too? I wonder, when Devan snaps his fingers. "I really hope Veronica's going to be okay." Deans sighs. Oh, he likes my sister. I sigh, but stay silent, looking at the floor.

"Sorry if I made you upset!" He exclaims, grabbing my hands. I feel my face getting hot as he speaks. "It's just,I don't want to see my brother upset, or you." He smiles at me and lifts up my chin. A boost of confidence overwhelms me, and I move closer to Devan and inclose him in a hug. The most surprising thing is that he hugs me back and doesn't let go. I smile and hide my neck in his shoulder.

We stand up and walk back to Ronis room. About halfway there Devan grasps my hand, and looks at the floor. I don't let go, but giggle silently to myself. As Devan opens the door for me he lets go of my hand. Collins is sitting nest to Roni, holding her hand and talking. "Hey Nessa! Did It upload?" Roni asks as I take a seat next to her. "Yep!" Devan smirks at me, and I hold back a smile. "I need to take a picture on Instagram. Can you take it Devan?" Collins asks. "Sure." Devan smiles grabbing Collins phone. Collins kisses my sisters cheek and she smiles, and the picture is taken. Collins takes the phone back and write a caption. Soon Ronis phone dings. Roni goes red. "What is that?" I laugh, picking up her phone. She has Collins Instagram notifications on, alerting her when he posts a picture. We all laugh as I look at the post.

Taking a break for a while to help this one get better. Jump on over to @merrelltwins YouTube to see what happened. Hope y'all understand x

@merrelltwins4life : aww you two are goals. X totally understand
@grasondolan: hope she gets better xx is Nessa alright? 😉
@ethandolan: hop off it @grasondolan everyone knows Devans already got priority.
@devankey: thank you! @ethandolan.
@collinmerrell5345: Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh cat fights!
@veronicamerrell: wow, I don't know what to say, it's Vanessa typing btw @graysondolan @devankey @ethandolan

I type my reply without really thinking. I look over at Devan and he sinks into a ball. I laugh and gesture him outside. "Oh! I wanna see what caused it! Gimme my phone please Nessa!" I laugh and chuck it gently at Roni. She gasps as she reads the messages and Devan and I leave the room.

"I'm ready for the punch." Devan says, tightening his face and fists. "I'm not going to punch you." I laugh and unravel his hands so that mine can join his. "Willyougoonadatewithmenessa?" Devan asks really fast. My face lights up as his turns red. "Yes!" I exclaim, and almost bowl him over with my hug. He smiles and hugs me back. I turn around and walk back in the room, and Devan looks back at me in shock.

"Ooooo is it a Devnessa moment?" Collins taught a as I enter. "He asked me on a date." A smile. "NESSA!" Roni half-screams, because she still cannot talk very well. "You've liked him for how long?" Roni smiles at me, and gestures for me to hug her. I stand up and walk over just as Devan enters. "There's my boy!" Collins laughs walking over to Devan. "I'm so proud of you." Roni whispers as I hug her. "I'm proud of us both." I smile, and sit down next to her. I look at Devan and get turns red. "Everyone already knows, you can talk you know." Collins smirks. I walk over and sit down. "Can we just be friends?" I blurt without thinking. Devans mouth falls open, and Roni and a Collins gasp from behind me. I quickly slam my hands on my mouth.

A/N sorry bout the cliffhanger! Ahhh I love it! I don't really have an updating schedule bc of school and stuff. Sorry haha. I have a question though, what country do y'all live in? I'm a New Zealander, and I wanna know where everyone else is! Love you! Xx -zozobear