13 - Birthday

Vanessa's POV

I wake up on August 6th to sunlight pouring in over me. I smile, at the end of my bed is a pile of presents. I decide to go wake Roni, we always open together. "Happy birthday Roni!" I yell, running into her room. She wakes with a start. "Birthday? Our birthday?" She stares down at we presents. "For me?" She mouths, pointing at herself. I laugh, she does this every year. I help her gather her presents and I push her into my room.

We sit in my bed, as Roni informs me in more detail of her date last night. After she finishes, we open our presents. We got matching necklaces and a lot of stuffed animals. I got a Starbucks and Krispy Kreme voucher, some money, a cute Star Wars sweater, some jeans and a huge teddy bear. Roni got a Starbucks and iTunes voucher, a Star Wars sweater, jeans and a huge teddy bear, along with some money. We grin at each other. I roll Roni downstairs to find my mum making us breakfast.

"Happy 21st girls!" My mum screams. She is making rainbow pancakes, in the shape of hearts. The look really cool. I walk over to tiger, leaving Roni to look at the balloons on the ceiling. "Hey tiger!" I coo, picking him up. He barks. I tickle his tummy and give him a treat.

We sit at the table and eat our birthday breakfast. I go on Twitter and find thousands of tweets saying happy birthday. I thank everyone, and post a video of our breakfast on snapchat. "What do you girls want to do on your special day?" My mum asks. "I don't have to go to therapy today, so anything." Roni smiles. "Really! That's great!" I grin. We decide to go go-karting with a few of our friends.

We send out a group text to everyone. Collins, Gabriel, Jess, Brooklyn, Bailey, D-trix, Dominic, the Gabbie show and Lauren Giraldo.

Nessa started a group message.

Nessa: Hey everyone! So it's our birthday and we wanted to go go-karting with our friends. If any of you want to come let us know! We would love to have you!
Roni:I can come.
Nessa:Of course you can Roni.😂
Collins: I'd love to beat everyone!
D-trix: Don't get cocky Collins. I'm coming.
Lauren: I'm coming for this! Happy birthday girlies!
Bailey: Brooklyn and I can come :)
Dom: I can!
Gabriel: Sorry me and Jess are in Hawaii :( Happy birthday though!
Nessa: Lucky. Thank you! :)
Gabbie: I'm not very good but I'll come anyways! :)
Roni: Thanks everyone!

-----

We arrive at the go karts first, and we pay for everyone. Roni obviously can't race, so we got extra special time to do a wheelchair race that only I know about. She's going to be so surprised. Collins shows up after about 10 minutes. "Happy Birthday girls!" He smiles, and gives me a hug. He walks over and kisses Roni. I gasp dramatically. "Aye dos Mio!" I fall backwards. We all laugh. Collins gives Roni a heart shaped box, and me a small bag with cats on it. "Thanks Collins!" I smile, opening the bag.

I smile. He got me a beanie with a cat, a Krispy Kreme voucher and a little bear with a pink Ronaldo sweater! I hug him, and we both watch Roni open her box. Roni gasps and smiles widely. "Collins!" She squeals. He got her a locket in the shape of a heart. She's been wanting that for years. He also included a little pouch with mustache earrings and a guitar pick that has Vollins ingraved on the back. "I got you both something else too. Collins grins, and we gasp at what he pulls out.

Collins hands me a pink Polaroid camera, and Roni a blue one. "Omg Collins! You don't have too!" I squeal, tears formin in my eyes. Roni is already crying. "Your the best boyfriend ever!" She cries, giving him a hug and a kiss. I feel a tap on my shoulder. I turn around and smile. "Happy birthday!" Brooklyn and Bailey chorus. I smile giving them hugs.

Everyone else slowly starts showing up, each person bearing gifts. We appreciate all of them, but we don't need them. Our friends spoil us. D-trix finally shows up, fashionably late as always, and we start getting instructions. Roni sits with my dad, and I grin at her, he has no idea what I have planned.

We all get in our karts, I specifically asked for number 7. Collins is at the front, followed by Dom, Brooklyn, Lauren, Gabbie, Bailey, myself and D-trix at the back. We start up and everyone zooms off, laughing and bangin into walls. Nobody's very good.

Veronica's POV

Everyone see,s to be having a great time, without me. I sigh and my dad puts his hand around my shoulder, touching the locket Collins gave me. I smile. I love my friends. I continue to watch the race. Collins is very fast, and Dom is right behind him. Bailey is pretty good and coming in third place. Nessa and Lauren are laughing hysterically and keep banging into walls and each other. Gabbie is kinda slow, and waiting at the back, and D-trix and Brooklyn are having s battle to come 4th. It's actually really funny.

Everyone gets off the track and sits down, exhausted. "Nessa, hate to break it to you, but you went very good." Dom laughs a little. "Hey!" Nessa runs her chin then stands up and breaks into song. "Nobody's perfect! You better work it! Again and again till you get it right! Nobody's perfectttttttt!" Nessa laughs, and we all stat to join in, singing Hannah Montana by the race track.

We are all having fun and laughing until one of the guys that work at the kart place comes over to Nessa. "So are we going to do this other race?" He asks, clearly bored. "Another race?" I question. She doesn't respond, she just grins. Oh no what had Nessa done now. The guy bring out 8 wheelchairs. Wheelchairs? "We are going to do a wheelchair race!" Nessa screams. I burst out in tears.

Nessa runs over to me. "Thank you so much Nessa!" I sob. "Anything for you. This is a race you will be really good at." She laughs, and walks over to the group. I wheel myself over. Everyone starts hopping. In there wheelchairs while I sit at the front. The guy comes over and checks my seatbelt. He's about to wrap my legs together when he notices the casts. "Oh, be safe Ma'am." I laugh as he walks away.

I look behind me and burst out laughing. Everyone's legs are tied, and they are trying to work how to use the wheelchair. I laugh. "3...2...1...GO!" A voice shouts. I wheel myself forward. I'm not going very fast, but as I turn the corner I see everyone else struggling. I laugh. I find the perfect way to drift around corners. Collins gets the hang of it and speeds up next to me. "Maybe our next date could be in wheelchairs. I'm getting pretty good at this." He winks, leans over and kisses me, then speeds ahead. "It's on."

-----

We are all handgun out after the race. I won, obviously. Collins has nothing on me. Everyone starts to head off. Collins and Lauren are the last there. "Thank you so much for the sweater and cash." Nessa and I thank Lauren as she leaves. I decide to take a picture on my Polaroid before she goes. My dad takes the picture, on my camera and Nessas. She hops in her car and backs out, waving to us as she goes. I take a picture selfie mode on my camera with Collins and Nessa, and wheel myself over to the car. My dad helps me in, we say bye to Collins and head home.

"We need to film this Merrell twins exposed video." I sigh to Nessa as we walk in the door to the house. I'm really tired. "We will film tommorow." Nessa pats me I the shoulder, and we sit down at the dinner table our dad brought us Chinese takeout on the way home, so we eat that. "Night guys." Nessa smiles, about to walk up to bed. "Can you push me up please?" I smile. She nods. We hug our parents and head upstairs.

We sit in Nessas room flaking for a while, until she falls asleep. I remove her glasses, and tuck her in bed. I wheel myself out the door and turn off the lights, rolling to my room. I climb into bed and fall asleep instantly, forgetting to turn the light off.

A/N The Merrell twins hit 2 million!!!! So in honor of this tremendous occasion, I am posting two updates today :) hope you like the story! Xx
-zozobear