7 - Devnessa?

A/N just imagine Devan as the potato. Haha enjoy!

Vanessa's POV

I quickly clasp my hands over my mouth, realizing what I just said. "No no, I didn't mean it like that!" I plead, but Devan doesn't seem to hear. He stands up and storms out of the room. I look over at Roni and she is just as shocked as I am. I feel tears swelling up in my eyes, and I let them fall. I ball my eyes out as I run after Devan.

"Devan! Devan!" I call, not caring how much attention I was grabbing. I see him get into a lift and press down. I run to catch up but the doors close on me. I rush into the next elevator, and press down, hoping like hell that Devan hasn't left yet. I run out of the elevator, to see him walking out the main entrance. "Devan!" I cry, tears streaming down my face. He turns and stops, and leans against a tree. He looks at the sky behind him. I sprint up to him as fast as my little legs can run.

"Devan please! I didn't mean it like that way! I really really like you Devan!" I exclaim, my voice cracking at every second word. "I meant to say it, as I want us to be dating, but I want it to be like I'm dating my best friend. I just want to be with you, on every second." I pant, not breaking eye contact. "I'm just as confused as you are." I plead. "I'm just scared." Devan finally spoke. "That I'm going to experience heartbreak again." Devan frowns, studying a leaf. "No! You won't, I promise." I cry, grasping his hands. "I want to be with you." I smile at him. "Will you go on a date with me Vannessa?" Devan asks me formally. "Yes." I smile, pulling him into a hug. Then the thing I never thought happen happened. He kissed me.

His head moved closer to mine, and our lips touched. We stayed enlocked for over 10 seconds before he pulled away. "Sorry." He looks at the ground. "You shouldn't be sorry." I smile, kissing him again. His lips are so soft, it's like eating a soft serve from McDonald's, except better. I smile and hold out my hand. He grabs it and we walk hand in hand back into the hospital.

When we walk into the room, my parents are there. They both stand up and hug me, and Devan too. "We are together." I blurt. Roni smiles, Collins claps and my parents smile in approval. "This is a way to meet the parents." Devan whispers in my ear. I giggle and sit down, leaning my head on Devans shoulder. Soon I fall asleep.

-----

"Nessa, Nessa!" Devan shakes me awake. "How long have I been asleep?" I mumble. "Um," Devan checks the clock. "4 hours." "4!" I blurt looking over to see Roni, but she's gone. "Where's Roni Devan! And why didn't you wake me!" I stand up, and storm around the room. "Ronis gone in for her foot surgery, she left two hours ago. Collins and your parents went with her. Susan said she'd come and get us when we can see her if we wait outside in the waiting room." Devan tries to comfort me, put I pull away. My sister is in surgery, and I have to wait to see her!

I grab Devan by the arm and storm out of the door. "We are going to see her okay!" I snap, not looking behind me, and tightening my grip. We get in the elevator and Devan presses the button. We ride in silence. When we get out I have all these thoughts swimming in my head. Is Roni okay?  Your so rude to Devan.  This hospital stinks.
I push them out of my head and continue walking forwards, all the while tightening my grip on Devans arm. He doesn't say anything. We get to the waiting room. "Um Vanessa?"

Devan stops walking. "What?" I snap at Devan, not caring how rude I am. "Could you loosen your grip a little?" I look into his eyes, where tears are forming. I look at his arm and realize I have been squeezing it so tight that his forearm turned purple. "Devan!" I cover my mouth with my hands. All of a sudden I just break down crying. "I'm... So.... Sorry!" I sob, pulling him into a hug. "I don't know what came over me, I was just so worried, and I was so rude to you!" He pulls away. "It's okay!" He comforts me, and a single tear runs down his cheek. "How are you not mad?" I ask him, as I wipe away his tear. "How could I stay mad at that beautiful face?" Devan grins. He holds out his hand and I take it, and we walk down the hall, my face turning red.

Collins POV

Veronica has been in surgery for two hours, and I am small talking with her parents. I left Devan with Vanessa, while she slept, as my girlfriend got surgery on her foot. I soon see Devan and Vanessa walking hand in hand towards me. Vanessa lets go of Devans hand and runs over to her parents, indulging them in hugs, tears rolling down all three of their faces. "I don't know what came over me! I was so rude to him!" Vanessa sobs, as Devan sits beside me.

"What was that about?" I ask Devan. "Well..." He tells me his whole story. "Wow." I am lost for words, just as an icebreaker, Susan walks through the door, everyone stands up. "How is she?" Paul asks, grasping his wife's hand. "Well, the surgery went fantastic. Veronica has 2 metal rods in her foot now. She will need two more surgeries, one in two weeks, another in 6. After that her foot will be able to work, she will just be in a wheelchair for 4 months, and crutches for the rest of the healing period." Susan smiles. "Can we see her?" Vanessa asks eagerly. "I'm afraid not. She is just waking up at the moment. But you I'll be able to see her once the drug has worn off and she has taken her pain medication, so about 20 minutes." Susan smiles and walks out the door. "Oh!" She adds, coming back in. "A doctor named Wallace will come and get you when you can see her." Susan leaves.

-------

It has been about 15 minutes, and the tension is up. Devan offers to get food from downstairs, but Vanessa wants him to stay with her. "I need you here Devan." She smiles, and Devan jumps over me to sit next to her, grabbing her hand.

A large male doctor enters, and addresses us. "The relatives of Veronica Merrell." Wallace addresses. We stand. "You may enter. Two at a time please." "You and Vanessa go first." Paul smiles, and gestures us to follow Wallace. We both stand, and walk behind Wallace. We enter a rather large room, with a lot of equipment. I see Roni lying down in the bed. I rush over to her, and stand on the other side than Vanessa. I let her talk first.

"How are you feeling?" Nessa asks, grabbing her hand. "Oh, I've been better. How are you and Devan?" Veronica smiles. "Well, we had a bit of an argument, but we are better now." Vanessa smiles in return. Veronica turns to look at me. "Collins..." She smiles, moving her hand closer to mine. I grab it. "How are you feeling babe?" I ask, patting her head like a dog. "Woof woof." We all laugh. "I've been feeling alright, it's kind of weird though, I feel like I have an ice pack in my foot. It's really cold!" Veronica shivers. "You'll get used to it. Your parents are next." I smile, kissing her on the forehead. I stand up, and leave the two twins together, so they can have a moment.

The twins parents stand when I exit. "How is she? Can we see her?" Paul questions me. "I left the two of the, together, but when Vanessa exits, you guys can go in." I smile and sit by my brother. Not long after that,Nessa walks out. "You guys can go in now." Nessa hugs her mum and sits next to Devan. She immediately snuggles into his chest, and Devan puts his arm around her, kissing her in the cheek. "Ronis very excited that we kissed." I hear Vanessa laugh. "She said it was her biggest fangirl moment since Niall released s single." They laugh. "Don't mean to eavesdrop, but I didn't know you two kissed!" I interrupt. They both turn and look at me. "You don't have to seem surprised just because I manned up and kissed a girl before you." Devan laughs. "And that was eavesdropping." Vanessa adds, giggling to herself. "Well then. I'll just leave." I stand up and dramatically exit the waiting room, only to walk back in and flop down onthe couch, while we all hysterically laugh.

A/N
Sorry bout the shortish chapter, but I didn't have anymore ideas. Please help! Haha. Also, we got 200 reads! What! That's just crazy thank you sooooo much. Please vote and comment! Xxx -zozobear