25 - What will we do?

Vanessa's POV

"What are we going to do Nessa?" Roni asks me. We are lying on our bed thinking. "We can't abandon another show!" I cry. "But I can't leave Aaron!" I start to sob. "How about we get Collins to check it out! I mean, it's his brother and all..." Roni suggests. I nod and she pulls out her phone. "Collins Hi!" Roni talks into the phone. Her expression changes from happy to concerned to angry in a split second. "Oh, okay." She frowns, putting down the phone.

"What happened?" I ask intrigued. "He said he has business and it was important." Roni frowns. "Oh, I'm sorry. Now what?" I question. "We will have to go to tomorrow's show, but we can't tell the viewers!" Roni yells. "Calm down, we will think of something." My dad says walking out of the bathroom. "We need a plan." Roni paces around the room. "Why us!" I breakdown again. All my emotions are triggered and I can't hold it in.

Ronis phone lights up next to me. I toss it to her. She drops her crutches and catches it, standing on one foot. "Collins?" She asks. "No, Nessa and my dad are here, why?" I look up at her confused. She looks at me with the same expression. "I'm kind of balancing on one foot right now, why, is it really important?" I am starting to get worried. By the sounds of things Collins doesn't want me in the room. "Yeah I can, but I will tell her, we are twins you know." I stand up. Roni gestures for me and my dad to go. We walk outside and stand in silence, trying to listen.

"Yeah, yep. I remember him! Wait, what! Collins you wouldn't do that, no, wait yes. WHAT! You are not helping? thank goodness. My safety! Wow. I'm lost for words. Yeah, So, there is something else to. Devan... He kind of kidnapped Aaron to get back at Nessa for dumping him.... I know it's crazy! I know! Yeah, we need your help. Can you try to reason? We don't know where he is! He skyped us, well Nessa, pretending to be him. Yes, really? Thank you! You already are. Haha, Can I tell Nessa, okay thanks. I love you! I miss you more! Okay, bye."

I open the door and Roni is lying on the bed, lost for words. I lie down next to her. "We heard your half. Sounds bad." I look at her. She smiles and tells me the conversation in full detail.

Collins POV

I need to tell Veronica what is happening with Liam. I man up and Ring, she answers first go.

(Collins is normal and Roni is slanted.)
Collins?
Hey Veronica! Are you by yourself right now?
No, Nessa and my dad are here, why?
I need to tell you something, I don't really want them to see your reaction, you'll most likely fall over. (Laughing)
(Laughs) I'm balancing on one foot right now, why, is it really important?
Yeah. Could they leave? Or you ask them?
Yeah I can, but I will tell her, we are twins you know.
Okay... Um, let's just get to the point. They gone?
Yeah.
Okay, You remember me telling you about my old friend Liam?
Yep, I remember him.
He needs to traffic a girl in California, and wants me to help him.
Wait, What! Collins, you wouldn't do that!
No, I'm not going to help him. Do you want to know who he's trafficking?
No.. Wait, yes.
It's kind of, uh, You.
WHAT!
I know, it's crazy! He called me on our Skype date, that's why I left.
Your not helping...
Of course not!
Thank goodness.
Yeah, I'm glad you are not in California, your safety would be on the line.
My safety!
Yeah. I have told the police and they are trying to find him and his gang.
Wow, I'm lost for words.
(Laughing) Yeah. So, anything interesting happen in your life?
Yeah, So, there is something else to. Devan... He kind of kidnapped Aaron to get back at Nessa for dumping him...
What! That is Mental!
Yeah! I know it's crazy!
Devan is so sweet though!
I know!
I'm lost.
Yeah, so we need your help.
What do you need?
Could you try to reason?
With Devan? I thought he was in Hawaii...
We don't know where he is!
How do you know then?
He skyped us, Nessa, pretending to be him.
So you want me to ring him?
Yes.
Okay, I'll do it for you.
Really?
Really. I wanna be the hero.
(Laughing) Thank you! And, you already are in my opinion.
Thanks Veronica. Watch out for Liam though.
Can I tell Nessa about it?
Yeah, more protection the better, I don't want my baby girl getting caught.
(Giggling) Okay, thanks! I love you!
I love you too. And I miss you!
I miss you more!
I'm planning a date when you get back.
(Laughs) Okay, bye!
Bye Veronica, stay safe!