20 - Back on Track

Veronica's POV

I'm so sorry we had to cancel the show, but we cannot come back to NYC till the end of our tour :( we apologise greatly for this inconvenience. The next place we will be going in America is Texas, the rest of the world dates are on out Facebook page :) thanks, and sorry to all of you looking forward to the NYC show, we will see you in about 3 months🙃❤️

"And post!" I smile at Nessa. We are sitting in the hospital waiting room, waiting for Aaron to get out of recovery. It is about 7:30am and it's just me and Nessa. "How's your foot?" She asks me. "It feels a lot better. I have full movement in every other part of my body which feels great, and I'm getting used to putting a little bit of pressure on it." I smile.

"Aaron!" Nessa squeals, running up to him. "How are you?" She kisses him. They chat for a while until Collins comes out yawning. "Hey! Your awake!" I smile as he sits next to me. I rest my head on his shoulder. "You left." He pouts. I giggle, and kiss his pouty face. "Better?" I laugh. He nods and laughs with me.

We are finally allowed to leave the hospital, so Collins drives us home. I kiss him goodbye and hop out of the car. I wave as he backs out of our driveway. "Tiger!" I smile, putting down my crutches and picking him up. "Quirky!" Nessa yells, running over to our cat.

We greet out parents and sit in the lounge, chatting and waiting for the microwave to beep. "Hey Roni?" Nessa asks. "Yeah?" I smile. "Do you think you could help me with Aaron's big birthday surprise in 3 days?" Nessas face turns red. "Of course." I giggle. "What's the plan?"

-----

Aaron's Birthday

Nessa decided to surprise Aaron with a present he's always wanted, but I need to distract him so Nessa can get into his house. I've been thinking of a plan and I think I have a good one.

"Nessa!" I shout. It's 10am and Nessa still isn't ready. "You've texted him?" I ask as she jogs down the stairs. "Yes! So move move move!" She laughs. "Your the one who took forever." I mumble under my breath. We run out the door and Nessa drops me at Aadons house, driving to her hiding spot.

I knock on the door. "Aaron!" I smile, giving him a quick hug. "Hi! Uh, not to sound rude, but is Vanessa with you?" He turns red. Time for phase 1 of plan A. "No, that's actually what I wanted to chat about. Could we go some where else? Like the park or something?" I ask, trying to sound as nervous as I can. "Yes of course! Is she all right?" Aaron asks worryingly. I nkd as he grabs he's keys and hops in the car.

"What's wrong?" He asks over and over. Finally I give in. "She doesn't know if she likes you anymore." I burst out, trying to hold back laughing at his face. "What? But.. We have known each other for 2 years!" Aaron's eyes well up with tears. I get a call from Nessa as we arrive from the park. "It's Nessa, she doesn't know I'm here, I better take this." I smile, hopping out of the car. I can hear Aaron sobbing from the car.

"Nessa?" I ask. "Yeah?" She replies cheerfully. "I..uh kinda told him you didn't want to be with him." I bite my lip. "Roni! Ugh. Alright. Get him home, we are all ready." Nessa hangs up. Whoops. "Hey Aaron, maybe you should get home." I smile, patting him on the back. "Ok." He sniffles, starting the car.

We arrive back home and Aaron hops out of the car. He bursts out crying. "I love her!" He sobs. I hug him, and giggle quietly at the fact that Nessa is inside. "On my birthday too!" He sobs. I lead him into the house. He walks into the lounge and sits in the couch. I grab out my camera and hide behind a bookcase. "Roni?" He questions, looking around. He walks past me and into the dining room. "Surprise!"

Nessa is sitting on the floor with a pile of presents, and 6 puppies. "Nessa?" Aaron chokes. "But, you don't like me!" He sobs. Nessa gestures for him to hug her. "It was just a distraction, and Roni took it a bit far." Nessa laughs, glaring at me. "I still love you." Nessa smiles, kissing him. "I love you too." Aaron smiles, kissing her back.

"I have puppies!" Nessa smiles, holding one. "Ones yours, you can pick." Nessa smiles. "My gosh Nessa you are the best." Aaron smiles, giving her a hug. We all play with the puppies for another hour, until our stomachs rumble. "Okay Aaron, which one is yours?" Nessa smiles. "This one." Aaron points to the one asleep in his lap. A little chocolate lab. Nessa smiles. The lady from the animal shelter collects the rest of the puppies and takes them home.

"Let's film an Intro/outro!" I smile, propping the camera onto a shelf. "Hey guys! I'm Veronica, and I'm Vanessa. The clip you just saw was Me surprising Aaron with puppies." Aaron pops up, holding his chocolate lab. "He got to choose one, and he choose this little guy!" Nessa coos at the dog. "I named him star, because Nessa is a little star for letting me keep him." They smile at each other and I break the silence. "Hope you enjoyed this different video!" I grin at the couple next to me.

We finish our video and play with Star. He has learnt some tricks and commands already! Such a clever boy. He will meet Tiger in a couple weeks, so he can have a friend. "We should go now Nessa." I say, patting star on the head. We stand up, Nessa missing Aaron, and we hop into the car and drive home.

"Can't wait to go to Texas tomorrow!" I smile at Nessa. She nods and we walk into the house, greeted by a smell of warm, freshly baked cookies. "Cookies!" We yell in sync, running to the kitchen. "Oh please Mamma please!" We coo like we did when we were little. "Not until you've eaten your dinner!" My mum says sternly. We all laugh and enjoy our cookies before, we have dinner.

A/N hey! Sorry about the short chapter and late update :/ I don't really have any more ideas, my brain is confused. If you have any suggestions please comment them below, or private message me! Thank you so much xx
- zozobear

Ps : make sure you check out my other story, 'who's tiger' ;)