46 - Together

Veronica's POV

I wake up with sunlight pourin in the curtains. I yawn and turn over. "Wait, last thing I remember is being on the beach!" I say out loud, confused. I look to my left and see a blue sticky note. "Thought you might want to sleep in a bed instead of a blanket. Love you x -Collins." I read aloud, blushing slightly. I must have fallen asleep on our 'double date.'

I ring him and he picks up immediately. "Hey!" I answer. "Hi!" He yawns. "Sorry, did I wake you? I would have understood if you left it." I frown. "It's okay, your worth it." He says and I blush. "Thanks for bringing me home." I smile. "It's okay, hey I got to go, back to sleep, call you later?" He yawns. I giggle. "Yep. See you superhero." "See you flounder. Love you." And he hangs up. I snuggle up with tiger who just jumped up and fall back asleep.

"Beep, beep, bee.." "Shut up!" I yell, smacking my alarm clock on the floor. "Oops." I grin sheepishly and pick it up. I walk out of the room and check the time, 8:34. "Time for breakfast." I smile, knocking on Nessas door. "Coming!" She says. She opens the door and grins. "I guess our boyfriends are goals." She smiles, letting me come inside.

I shut her door and sit on the bed. "What do you want for breakfast?" I ask. "I dunno, pancakes, hash browns, burritos, leftover pizza, whatever." She smiles. "Ooo breakfast burritos smell good!" I rub my tummy. "Smell?" Nessa giggles. "I meant sound." I blush a little. She links our arms and we walk down stairs slowly, I am still getting used to my foot.

After breakfast is eaten we head to our separate rooms and get changed. While I put on my mascara I hear my dad scream from downstairs. I rush outside and see Nessa already running down the stairs. I follow her and gasp. My mother is lying on the floor gasping for air. "Mummy?' Nessa runs over to her. "Check the symptoms on her bracelet?" I suggest while getting the phone. I call 911 and a lady answers.

"Hi, my name is Veronica Merrell, my mother Wendy Merrell is gasping for air on the floor." I say, surprisingly calm. "Yes dear, your mother has had problems before?" The lady asks. "Yes." I respond quickly. "Do you still live at the same location?" She asks, speeding up her pace. "Yes." I say again. "An ambulance will be right over." She says in her strong Texas accent. "Thank you!" I say, hanging up. Nessa is checking her bracelet and dad is filing in drawers for the paper.

Paper flys around the room as I help my dad search. "Where is it?" I yell. My dad shakes his head and we continue rummaging. "Found it!" I say, pulling out a file with 'Wendy Merrell' on the top. I hand it to my dad and he scans it. I start to panick when my phone rings. "Hello?" I ask, not bothering to check the idea. "Hey babe!" Collins answers. "Hey, ah Collins now is not a good time." I say biting my lip. I look out the window to see the ambulance arrive.

"Is everything okay?" He asks worried. "No time to explain, love you bye." I say rushed. I open the door for the paramedics and they lift my mum onto a stretcher. They roll her into an ambulance and we hop in as well.

We arrive at the hospital and they rush my mum into a room, plugging all sorts of gadgets into her and around her. The room slowly fills with people and I get claustrophobic. I back out of the room and sit on the floor. My phone rings again. "Hi Collins." I say blandly. "What is wrong?" He says impatiently. "I'm at the hospital  okay! Collins just give me some space for one damn minute!" I yell, hanging up.

I sit there crying for a good five minutes, all my emotions flooding out and onto my face. I am nervous about my mum, and also scared. I am angry at Collins for being so pushy and inquisitive when I am in a bad mood, but also myself for being mean. I am afraid Collins will hate me for being so rude and bland.