43 - Stop over

Vanessa's POV

I hear Roni stir after about 3 hours. I peek in the door and find she is awake. "So, your awake." I tease. She fake shoves me. "Ouch!" I cry sarcastically. We both laugh. "So, what's going on." I ask her, turning the conversation serious. "Well, okay. I'm not sure if Collins will still want to be with me when we get back!" She sighs, flopping on the bed.

"Now why would you think that. Collins loves you!"  I ask her. "I know. I'm just scared he might have forgotten his true feelings while I've been gone." She plays with her hair. "Don't think like that. He can't have forgotten, he face times you everyday." I reassure her, walking out of the room. "Thanks Nessa!" She says from the other room, and I can feel her smiling. "No problem."

I walk over to Aaron and play with Star for a bit. We chat for an hour until we decide to get some lunch. "Roni we are going to get lunch you wanna come?" I yell. I hear clicks of her crutches down the hall. "Yes! That's not even a question." She laughs and we make our way to the car.

We arrive at Sonic and order our food. We eat at a table by the window, looking out at the city. "Oh my gosh Nessa!" Roni screams, and I choke on my French fry. "What?" I ask concerned. "I totally forgot that I will be getting my cast off in 2 days!" Roni squeals. "Omg I forgot too!" I grin, and hug her across the table. We chat for another 15 minutes until we decide to head back to Aaron's house.

We arrive and just chill out until our show. We FaceTime our parents and Roni face times Collins, mainly just saying how excited she is to see him with a healed foot. "Should we tell her?" I whisper to Aaron while she is on the call. "I'm not sure she's your sister." Aaron says, not helping. "Roni.." I walk over to her. "Um.." She points to her phone, gesturing she is on a call.

I shake my head. "This is important, sorry Collins but you can wait." I say, mentally preparing myself for her response. "My heart!" Collins gasps, causing Roni to laugh. "Roni this is serious!" I get upset that she's not listening. "Okay what is it?" She turns her attention back to me. "We got your doctors letter the other day.." I start but Roni cuts me off. "What? And you didn't tell me! Nessa!" She fold her arms angrily.

"That was the day you were all upset, and I didn't want to upset your more." I say, handing her the letter. She looks up at me. "It's, it's bad?" She questions, tears forming in her eyes. "You, you should open it." I say, patting her hand. She nods and pulls out the piece of paper. She reads over it quickly, her eyes scanning the page. Her face turns very upset as she reaches the end. "What does it say?" Collins questions from the phone.

"My metal rods shifted, meaning I won't be able to use my legs for another 6 weeks, I'll be on bed rest, and, and.. I'll have to have another surgery, that I will be able to feel." Roni whimpers in a small voice. Collins gasps. "I am so sorry, I wish I was there to give you a huge hug. Vanessa! Give her a huge bear hug from me. Pretty please!" Collins instructs. I nod and hold my crying sister in my arms.

Roni moaps around for another hour until we have to leave for our show. "Cmon Roni, you can do it." I grin reassuringly. I help her out the door and we make our way to the theatre.

Veronica's POV

When I found out that I won't be able to use my foot for 6 more weeks I was devastated. I still am, and moping around backstage doesn't help. I'm not going to pretend to be happy for the audience, because I'm not. And I'm not fake. I show them my true emotions, my true happiness and my true fear. Because I am scared, I am on this journey alone, and no one can help me.

I scroll through Twitter quietly while Nessa gets her makeup done. Aaron tries to talk to me but I shrug it off and give him the cold shoulder. I am mentally preparing myself to perform our last, last show.

We walk on stage to screams and cheers. Nessa places my ukulele down beside me and i sit on the stool. "What's up Roni?" Someone yells from the crowd. I look up at Nessa, and she tells the story. The crowd sighs and gasps, shouting out "get well soon!" And "we are here for you!" It makes me feel a lot better, so I pick up my ukulele and start strumming.

----

We finish our show and exit. The show as great, I got more enthusiastic and happy throughout the show. We walk into the green room and Nessa runs up to Aaron. The kiss and be all lovey dovey. I don't gag because I will get that in 48 hours. I smile and walk to the car at a brisk pace.

We arrive at the hotel and I lay on the bed. Aaron and Nessa lay on the other one and turn in the television, snuggling into each other's chests. I watch the show until I fall asleep.

Vanessa's POV ( again )

I wake up the next morning on Aaron's chest. I walk over to the kitchen and make some fruit salad and pancakes for everyone. Roni wakes up and walks over to help me. We chat quietly until Aaron joins us, then we have a normal conversation and enjoy our food.

We get ready for the day and head to the airport. We arrive and check in, Aaron making sure he has most of his things, seeing as he is coming to stay with me. He's so nice, he wanted to come to California just for me. I grab his hand as we walk and squeeze it, shooting Aaron a smile when we stop.

Our flight is called so we board the plane, and sit in our assigned seats. "Flight to Missouri will take off shortly, please buckle up your seat belts located to your right." A voice says through the speaker. Roni imitates it and we all laugh, buckling up.

We arrive in Missouri and grab our bags. My uncle lives in here so we drive to his house. "Ah, where are we?" Roni asks after about twenty minutes. Aaron shrugs. We seem to be in the middle of nowhere, on a road with no signs or other cars. "This stupid GPS!" Aaron bangs on the car. The arrow swivlles round showing we are driving the wrong way. "Great." We all moan sarcastically, and Aaron turns the car around.

--

We arrive after much effort and confusion, and Roni and myself run inside and hug my Uncle. We get settled and eat some lunch he made for us. We chat for a few hours.  I lay my head on Aaron's shoulder and yawn. He picks me up bridal style and carries me to our room. He lays me down and tucks me in. He is about to leave when I stop him. "Could you lay with me?" I ask timidly. He nods and rips off his shirt. I giggle and snuggle into his warm chest, soon falling asleep.

"Vanessa..." I stir and turn over. "Vanessa!" I get up with a start to find Aaron leaning over me. "Time to get up! We have your sisters doctors appointment in an hour." Aaron smiles, pulling me up. I give him a quick morning kiss one an outfit for today.

After getting ready I jog down the stairs finding Roni and my uncle making breakfast. I give them both big hugs and chop up some parsley for the scrambled eggs. We eat breakfast in silence. I look over at Roni and she looks very scared. "You want to call Mummy and Daddy?" I mouth across the table. She nods and we excuse ourselves from the table.

"Hi!" I say into the phone. "Hi dear, how are you girls?" My mum asks. "Good. Ronis a bit nervous that's why we called." I say, sitting beside her. I put my mum on the phone with Roni and watch their conversation. Ronis expression turns more enthusiastic as my mum, most likely, gives her an encouraging pep talk.

Roni ends the call and smiles at me. "She told me she would be there for me the whole way, and will be thinking of me when I get my results." Roni smiles. She shoos me out of her room so she can get changed, so I sit with Aaron.

Roni returns and we head to the hospital. We arrive and get out of the car. We check in and sit in the waiting room. We play the game of life while we wait. The app not the actual board game. A nice lady with light brown straight hair tied in a high ponytail walks in. She examines her clipboard and looks up. "Veronica Merrell?"

A/N I'm backkkkkkk haha prepare for lots of updates! Nest chapter is long, actually a lot of them are long, and my next chapter is actually my favourite :) thanks to everyone who wished me fun on my trip, I did haha. Thank you sm for reading, and keep voting and commenting. Xx love youuu -zozobear :)