35 - Halloween

Veronica's POV

We made it back to Estevans house, and everyone is silent. You can feel the tension in the room. We have decided to do our two shows tonight, and tell the audience what happened, they deserve to know, and it will tell them why we are off. Nessa has decided not to mention Aaron, because it will only make her more emotional.

We arrive at the theatre at 3:30, the show starts in half an hour. We quickly rush through sound check and hurry backstage just as the open the doors. Petunia rushes our makeup and is very agitated, but for once, we don't laugh at her floppy hat and accent.

"Hey guys." We say blandly, making everyone curious, and a lot of murmurs occur. "We have some sad news, um." Nessa starts, biting her lip. "We went on a jeep tour of a OAP this morning, and some lions got loose. Our Mum was by the gift shop, and she got attacked." I stop, tears forming in my eyes. Gasps can be heard from the crowd. I look over and Estevan is giving me the thumbs up, so I carry on.

"She was bitten. Right here." I point to my chest, where gasps can be heard from the audience. "Her lungs got punctured, and she had to get immediate surgery. She is fine, but will have more Asthma attacks, she will have trouble breathing, and..." Tears form into my eyes and I can't continue. "She might have a chance of a disease that leads to cancer." Nessa finishes. She hugs me and everyone claps. I smile, and continue the show, the audience filling me with confidence, as well as Estevan and my sister.

---

"Thank you for coming to this emotional show, Egypt has been, and experience." Nessa giggles. "We apologise for being off, but we hope you understand." Nessa smiles. We both wave and walk off stage, only to be pulled into a Big Estevan bear hug. We both cry into Estevans shirt, causing it to be smudged with mascara. "Sorry, Petunia loves her mascara!" Nessa laughs. "Petunia also heard that!" Petunia screeches from another room. The three of us start quietly laughing and waiting for the seats to empty.

We get back to the hospital to check in, to find my dad asleep on the couch. My mum is awake and blinking, but still not breathing to good. I go sit with her and hold her hand while Nessa covers outdid with a blanket. "Just came to check in." I smile at her. "Got to go do another show in an hour." I smile, just as Nessa walks over. We chat for another five minutes, Mum not speaking, and then we say goodbye. "We will check on you tomorrow!" Nessa blows kisses and we exit.

We find a Krispy Kreme on the walk back to Estevans house, so we buy some doughnuts and eat them on a nearby bench. The doughnuts remind Nessa of Aaron, and she Immediately starts crying.  I try to comfort her to the best of my ability, and we continue the walk home, taking about little I treating things, like why the sky is blue not red.

We arrive at Estevans with only 5 doughnuts left out of 12. We pass them around and gather our things for the show. "Let's go I guess." I say glumly, waking out the door. My dad, Nessa, Estevan and his uncle follow. We all hop in the car and head to the theatre.

"Will mummy be able to come to Lybia?" Nessa asks my dad. "She should be able to, she will just be on rest." My dad sighs. "We are here." Estevans uncle smiles. We all hop out of the car and into sound check.

We finish sound check and the seats are filling up. We enter the stage and say the same things as last night, me and Nessa both getting emotional. The audience boosts our confidence and we have a lot of fun, almost as if we are doing this for our mother.

"Thank you for coming and understanding!" Nessa waves at the crowd. I wave as I pick up my crutches, and we walk of stage. "Another great show girls." My dad smiles, hugging us. Estevan joins in and we all laugh.

We get back to the hospital to check in, my dad is going to stay the night. "How are you felling mumma?" I ask her, holding her hand. "G..good." She stutters, and forces a weak smile. We stay for another hour until we get tired. Myself and Nessa hug our mother, and walk out to find Estevan. We walk with him to the car and hop in.

The drive to his house is silent, everyone lost in their own thoughts, all of a sudden Nessa gets a text and bursts out crying. "What's wrong?" I try and comfort her. "Aaron's in America."

Vanessa's POV

My phone lights up from a text. I check it. Aaron says he landed in America, and is holding onto the last string of our relationship. It makes me feel a little better that he still wants the relationship, but I don't know anymore because he flew across the world to get away from me.

I cry into Ronis shoulder, all my emotions mixed. We walk into Estevans uncles house and immediately walk into my room. I sob on the bed with Roni next to me, while I tell her all my troubles. She is about to leave to let me sleep when I grab her hand. "Can you sleep in here tonight? I don't want to be alone." I sniffle. She nods her head and walks upstairs to change. I take this as a moment to change myself, so I hop into my pjs.

Roni comes down in her 'watch me whip' shirt and flannel pants. She hops into bed and closes her eyes. "I can still listen if my eyes are closed." She giggles. I smile and rest my head next to hers. "Is she going to be okay?" I ask, sitting up. Roni opens her eyes. "Mum? Of course, she is strong." Roni gives me a reassuring smile and I pat her head, causing her to laugh. "Night Nessa." She giggles. "Night Roni." I smile, closing my eyes.

---

"Your not actually sleeping are you." Estevan grins from the doorway. We both wake with a start. "It's Halloween! We are going trick or treating. Grab your onesies." Estevan grins, and runs upstairs. I look at Roni and she shrugs. We change into our onesies and shoes, and grab a plastic bag each.

"Trick or treat!" We say to the first house. They hand us some chocolate and we thank them, walking along the street. "This was a great idea, thank you." Nessa smiles at Estevan. "Did you really forget about Halloween though?" He laughs. We both do out heads and continue walking.

We get a lot of candy, so we head back to the house to eat it. When we get home, I see a lot of Halloween decorations that were not there before. We walk in the house and get scared by a creepy clown. Estevans uncle decided to scare us when we got home, so he setup fake spiders and webs everywhere,then dressed up as a clown and jumped onus. We all laugh and eat out candy.

"Can we go to sleep now!" Roni begs. Estevan nods so we stand up and give him a hug, we walk to my room and Ro I instantly falls asleep. "Goodnight." I smile, kissing her forehead. She gags. "Good night Nessa." She laughs, wiping her forehead. I grin and fall asleep, with thoughts of Aaron and our Halloween experiences, and how I wish he was here.

A/N I am trying to post more regularly but I can't write @ school bc I'm on my iPad rn.  On other news we are almost at 4K reads! Ahh this is crazy think you guys! I think it's time for some more shout outs, these are just ppl I see in my feed a lot so thank you!
cocoultra64 Catfghfjgdd thegeek132 JoannaTwinner Josie005 xxlemonpugxx Memetrento123 mestons thanks guys! Xx -zozobear