52 - Happily Ever After

Veronica's POV

I wake up to find an empty spot next to me. I frown and flutter my eyes open to find Collins not in bed. I silently slip on my slippers and tiptoe to Nessas room. I open the door just a fraction and find Aaron and Nessa peacefully sleeping.

"Where can you be?" I whisper to myself. I creep down the stairs, not wanting to wake anyone up at 5am. I walk into the kitchen to find a note from Collins.

Sorry I had to leave so soon, I had a 'family emergency' so I had to leave :( I'll see you later today, I'll leave the rest to the other notes ;) love you Flounder xx

"Other notes?" I asks surprised. "Yes." Nessa nods her head next to me and I jump, dropping the note on the floor. "Nessa you scared me!" I laugh quietly, picking up the note. She laughs herself. "What are you doing up?" I asks her, I uncrinkling Collins neat handwriting. "I could ask you the same thing." She crosses her arms. "Why does it matter?" I say, mimicking her actions. We both silently laugh. "I was looking for Colluns. You?" I say as we walk up stairs again. "I saw you peek into my room so I followed you." Nessa grins. I shake my head laughing and walk into my room, leaving Nessa to go to hers.

I lay in bed thinking about what Colin's means. Other notes..... I scratch it out of my mind and focus on something equally important as Collins, Sleep. I curl up into a ball and fall asleep, not feeling complete with the emptiness next to me.

I wake up at 8am to Nessa jumping on me. "Roni! Roni!" She laughs like a little kid. "What?" I yawn, rubbing my eyes. "Collins left you another note!" Nessa shakes me out of bed and drags me down stairs, skipping every second step causing me to trip and land on the floor with a thud.

"Calm down Nessa!" I laugh, rolling over and forcing myself up. I walk over to the fridge where everyone is huddled, and pull out the milk carton they are staring at. Stuck onto the carton in a folded over sticky note with 'Flounder <3' written on the top. I un fold the note and read his message.

I know you love coffee and this is a main ingredient. Soy milk obviously, I'll give you a hint to your next clue. Read the fifth word again. Love you flounder xx

I scrunch my nose in confusion and make my way over to the coffee machine. My parents Aaron and Nessa follow behind me like a group of stalkers. I bring the soy milk with me in the urge of making coffee. I open the lid to see another sticky note, this time a blue one, with 'Flounder <3' written on it once again. I smile and open the message, to see another lovely scribble.

What a way to start your day. Go on... Make your coffee. I'll leave you alone for a while until your ready to paint yourself :) love you always flounder xx

I laugh at the way he phrased Makeup. "This is goals." Nessa laughs. I nod my head, and look down at the small pile of messages in my hand. Me and Nessa begin to make waffles with our new waffle maker we got for Christmas.

Once the waffles are made, everyone sits down and enjoys them. I squirt more maple syrup on my waffle when the syrup explodes in my face. Everyone laughs and I decide to wash up.

I jog up the stairs to the bathroom and wash my face. I look down to see a green sticky note sticking out if my makeup bag. I smile and read the little note in private.

Hey cutie ;) I'm back to play! You look beautiful with and without paint just so you know. I presume your next stop will be your overnight stay bag for your essential living things. See you there amego <3

I laugh quietly to myself and wash the sticky substance off my face. Nessa comes upstairs and joins me, reads the little note over my shoulder. We finish washi up and we both walk to my bag, looking at the yellow note sticking out at us. I pick it up and read his note once more.