12 - Quake

3 weeks later....

Veronica's POV

"Hey Nessa!" I scream over the music. Beth says that music helps you calm down, and your bone to heal quicker. "Yeah!" Nessa replies. "I've gotta go meet Collins, could. You please drop me off?" I yell, wheeling myself to pause the music. Collins has been coming over at least twice a week to check up on me and hang out, while Nessa attends classes. Beth said that I can go to school next week if I want to, because my hand will be fully strong enough to push me around the school, and my leg will be in a smaller cast.

"Alright!" Nessa yells. I wheel myself out of my room. I still can't get gown the stairs, so Nessa helps me. "Devan called, again." Nessa rolls her eyes. "He won't stop will he?" I question as we get to the bottom of the stairway. "No." Nessa sighs. "I wish I could just ignore him, but he is Collins brother." I smile at her. "Thank you, you know how much this means to me." I hug her.

Nessa has put up with Devan the past 3 weeks, because Collins is my boyfriend. I love her, she does so much for me. I get in the passenger seat and Nessa starts driving. We decide to do another Car rides. "Hey guys! I'm Veronica!" "And I'm Vanessa. Today we are doing another car rides." Nessa smiles at the camera, then starts to drive again.

We arrive at Collins house and Nessa helps me out of the car. "Thank you so much." I hug her. "I know how hard this is for you. I love you." I smile, and roll myself to the door. I wave to Nessa as she pulls out of the drive. Collins answers the door. "Hey Babe!" Collins hugs me, and helps me inside.

Devan is sitting on the couch. Collins stops. Devan looks up. His face turns a dark red. "I.ah...bye!" Devan runs out of the room. Collins laughs and I glare at him. Collins sits on the couch. "He's been so different lately, he's not the Devan I know." Collins sighs. "You wanna watch something?" Collins asks me. I chuckle and nod my head. He puts in a movie and I lay my head on his shoulder, while he massages my knee.

----

I must of dozed off, because Collins shakes me awake. I open my eyes to find Collins above me, under a door frame. The whole house is shaking. I realise it's an earthquake. I cover my head as pots and pans fly out from the kitchen, one hitting the back of my wheelchair. The glass breaks on the window, and a heavy gust of wind flys in. I scream. Collins Parents are under the dining table, and Devan is in his room. "Nessa." I mumble. I'm freaking out on the inside. "What?" Collins screams over the house of the wind. "Nessa!" I shout in terror. I quickly grab my phone and dial her. I sigh when she answers. "Nessa," I shout. "Roni I know! I'm getting to high ground! The earth is really shakey, I can't walk very much, but I'm trying! I'll call you when I get there!" And she hangs up.

I start to cry. Collins rubs my shoulders, while looking around the shakey house. "Whats wrong Roni? Please tell me." Collins sympathises. "Nessa went to walk on the beach, and there is a tsunami warning, I'm scared she won't make it Collins." I look up a him for support. "She's strong, is she not? She'll find a way. She will be fine." Collins smiles. "I love you Collins." I state, while the shaking gets heavier.

------

Vanessa's POV

I walk down from my car to the beach, looking out at the horizon. I sigh, sitting on the grass. I take a picture for Instagram. The tide is really far out, so I go for a quick walk, holding my shoes in one hand, and my phone in the other. I am the only one on the beach, except for an old couple sitting on a Bench nearby, I smile. I look out at the tide and see a wave forming. Then it hits me. There is going to be a tsunami or earthquake.