11 - Broken?

Collins POV

I hear Nessa start to hyperventilate on the other line. "Nessa, I'm sure he has an explanation..." Roni tries to comfort her. "I'm sorry Vanessa, I shouldn't have said That." I face palm. "It's okay." Her breathing slows down. "That's actually good to know. He's been acting weird recently." Vanessa sighs. "Thanks Collins, we just have to have some time as twins. Love you!" Roni says. "I love you too," I smile as I hang up the phone. I decide to ring Devan.

One try goes to voicemail. Two tries goes to voicemail. On my third try a shaken voice answers. "Hello?" Devan asks, gasping and out of breath. "Where are you?" I command. I'm sick of his lies. "Town." He sighs. "I lied I know, I just didn't want you to know." He sighs agin. "Yeah you did, and why, may I ask?" I stay stern. "I'm at a club." Devan says quickly. "Your what!" I almost scream into my phone. Devan is 18, and shouldn't be clubbing at 2:00 in the afternoon. "You better get home now." I yell. "What about Nessa?" Devan defends. "Oh I've already talked to Nessa, she doesn't want to see you right now. I heard the whole conversation." I smile, my comebacks are great. "You snobby toad! Alright fine. I'll be home in 20." And he hung up the phone.

Devans POV

I'm dancing in a club with Natalie when I get a call from Vanessa. I miss it on purpose and run to the bathroom. "What's wrong!" Natalie yells after me in her cute British accent. "Phone call!" I yelled back, slamming the door. "Where are you?" Nessa asks. I quickly make up an excuse and realise that Collins blabbed. Great. I hang up the phone as fast as possible. I look at myself in the mirror. "I thought you were a good guy?" I sigh to myself. The another call comes in. Collins.

I tell him I'm at a club and will be home in twenty. I won't. I'm angry at him for blabbing. I exit the bathroom to find Natalie sitting at the bar. I go sit with her and order a drink. "Who was that?" Natalie questions. "My brother." I half lie. "Aw, did you fight?" She asks, lifting my chin. "Yeah," I sigh. She scoots closer to me. "I'll make your night better." She winks and kisses me, pulling me off my chair to dance. We break the kiss when "Thinking out loud" comes on.

Who do I like better? Natalie or Vanessa? I'm not sure, so i keep dancing with Nat. She grabs my shoulders and I wrap my arms around her waist, kissing her harder.  "My brother can be really annoying sometimes!" I state, sighing. She laughs and pulls me to the rooftop. We stand in silence looking at the sky. "Come back to my apartment."  Nat demands. I'm not going home so I might as well. "Okay." I agree and we walk down to the cab.

We get in and she immediately throws herself on me, kissing me.  She smiles. We pull up in her driveway and we get out, and walk into her house. Her house is huge, and really fancy. "Where's the spare room?" I yawn, wanting to get some sleep. "No! I won't let you sleep in that horrid room! You can sleep in mine." She winks. I know where this is going. I hesitate for a moment, then oblique.

She shows me up some stairs to her room. She gets undressed in front of me, and I close my eyes. I don't need to see this. I climb into bed in my clothes. "Aw, no fun tonight?" She pouts, I shake my head and fall asleep.

I wake up with Nat cuddled up next to me, I shake her off and walk into the kitchen. I rip off my tux showing a plain white shirt. I change into the spare shorts I brought, leave a note for Nat, and walk out the door. I breath the fresh air. I didn't drink last night, so I don't feel bad because of alcohol. "Nessa." I say under my breath. I walk home quickly, only to find Collins, staring madly at me.

"You didn't come home. I was waiting all night with mum for you. Collins yells. "Well you sound a bit like her to!" I storm past him and slam the door. I ring up Nessa. "Hi." She says blankly. "Hi. Sorry I bailed. I know Collins told you where I was. Can we please meet up at Krispy Kreme? I need to explain myself." I sound so plain I could be at an airport. "Okay." She sighs. "11." And she hangs up. I sigh. "Why did I put myself in this mess!" I cry, and look up at the ceiling.