26 - Tour

Veronica's POV

It's our last day in Canada, until we fly to Spain. We all decided to go look around. We are staying in Vancouver, so we Drive to Niagra falls. Whe get out of the car and wander over to rushing water. I breath in the salty air, and the wind blows my hair over my face. We take a couple pictures, and decide to go get ice-cream.

We arrive in the ice cream shop. We order our ice creams as Nessa gets a call. "Chocolate please!" Nessa says, walking outside. I order Lime and wait until Nessa comes back into the shop.

"Aaron is flying to Spain, and meeting us. He doesn't want to be around Devan." Nessa smiles. "Yay! I miss him." She squeals. My dad hands her her ice cream and we go sit down outside. "How long have you and Aaron been together for now?"  My mum asks Nessa. "Is only been...." Nessa counts her fingers. "2 weeks. 2 weeks? It feels like 2 months!" Nessa laughs. We eat our icecream then walk back to the car, ignoring the cold temperatures.

"Why has it been so cold everywhere?" I ask, placing my crutches by my feet. "I don't know. Maybe we should buy some jackets." Nessa shivers. We turn our path from the hotel to a mall, to go get some warm jackets.

We arrive at the mall at 11am, to be greeted by a smell of coffee, doughnuts and new clothing. We go into the first store we see, and find some cute, cheap jerseys. We try them on. I got a dark blue one, and Nessa got a pastel pink. We thank the cashier and walk through the mall. "That was easy!" Nessa laughs. Everyone nods and we make our way towards Starbucks.

After getting Coffee, I sit on a bench, drinking it. Nessa sits next to me. "How are you?" She ask me, sipping her Latté. "I'm fine." I smile, sipping mine. "No your not, your off." She looks at me, concerned. "Okay." I sigh. "It's just, so many crazy things have been happening, for no reason, and I feel like it's all a set up, or just not supposed to be happening. You know?" I sigh. Nessa nods. "And I miss Collins." I grin. She laughs and hugs me, knocking both our Lattes on the floor. "Gosh dang it Nessa." I laugh, as she runs to the bathroom to get a paper towel.

We return to the hotel, ready to at h another flight. I begin to pack my things when a voice comes through the speaker. "Please use your nearest Starway to exit to the lobby, there is a fire, stay calm, you will all be fine. I repeat, take you nearest stairway to the lobby. Use emergency exits." I stand, grabbing my crutches. Everyone else follows me to the door, and we exit to our level flooded with people running to he stairs. I go as fast as I can, trying to keep up.

We make it to level 2, and I look down the hall to see fire coming for me. I try and run down the stairs, but my crutches slip and I fall on my back. The people above me start running down past me, blocking their mouths from the smoke. I try and stand up but I can't, the smokers all I am breathing, I have no oxygen. I start to crawl my way down the stairs when a pair of strong arms picks me up. I feel my self being taken down flights of stairs, and finally I can breath again.

I gasp for breath and open my eyes, finding a handsome firefighter carrying me. I lie still, out of breath from panting. He lays me on the ground, and Nessa runs over to me. "Roni! You could've suffocated!" She exclaims, tears rolling down her cheeks. "How long was I enclosed in smoke?" I ask, choking and coughing in between words. "I honk about 8 minutes." Nessa hugs me, tears rolling onto my shirt. "8 minutes!" I splutter. I sit up into a set and sigh.

Nessa sits on the arm of the chair, and my parents stand behind it. The hotel security are telling people to exit the hotel,and stay calm. One walks over to us. "May you please exit through an emergency exit, waiting I the parking lot outside. Stay calm." He smiles. "Stay calm? Stay calm!" I cough. He turns around and looks at me. "I could have died mister!" I yell, in between coughs. "Calm down Veronica." My mum soothes me. I take a few deep breaths and apologise, gaining the courage to stand up.

We stand outside with all the other hotel residents, and wonder what will happen next. "We have a plane to catch in 1 hour!" Nessa cries. "It's okay, we will make it." My dad says. He doesn't sound like he means it. After another 20 minutes, everyone is allied back, except for level 2.

We head back up to our room, avoiding the smoke filled level, and I pass out on the bed. "Roni! You can't sleep, we have a plane to catch!" Nessa says, hurriedly picking up things I the room. "Right, sorry." I cough, bouncing upright. I slide to the floor and continue packing, putting on my new sweatshirt.

Vanessa's POV

We arrive at the airport after the traumatic fire, and send our bags to the plane. Roni is still shocked about her being on the stairs, alone, for 8 minutes. I keep apologising for leaving her, but she forgives me to easily. Dosent she relixpze I could've pushed through the crowds of people? I sigh, checking Twitter.

"Gate 23 please board your flight to Spain." The voice speaks. We stand up and board, sitting in our desired seats. "Another flight, another fright." Roni sighs. "We already had out fright." I smile, patting her arm. We take off, ready to go to Spain.

------

We land at Spain airport at 9pm, and I look around for Aaron. I spot him amongst the people. I run to him and endure him in a hug, tears rolling down my face. I'm so emotional. He hugs me, and I kiss him, our tear streaked faces touching. "I'm so sorry! I don't know why Devan would do this!" I cry into his shoulder. He kisses my head and rubs the back of my hand. "It's alright, I'm safe now." Aaron smiles, kissing me again.

We slowly walk to our rental car place, Aaron continually thanking my parents for letting him stay with us. "It's fine! Seriously no problem." My mum keeps telling him. He eventually stops, and grabs my hand. I smile, and wheel my bag to the car, my hand enlocked with Aaron's.

---

We arrive at the hotel, and check in. "Level 7, room 12." The lady smiles at us. We thank her and take the elevator up 7 stories. We enter our room. I gasp. "Wow! This is so pretty!" I smile, taking a look around. Aaron and Roni follow me. We have a mini kitchen, a couch, two double beds, a bathroom, and a lounge area. "We dibs this bed!" Me and Roni say in sync, pointing to the bed by the window. "I'll sleep on the couch." Aaron smiles, dumping his stuff next to it. "Are you sure?" I ask, hugging him. "Yeah, it's comfy." Aaron grins at me. "Happy two week by the way." I smile. "Two weeks? It feels like forever!" He smiles. His warm arms enclose me, and the space between our lips disappears.

A/N Hope you like the story! Go heck out my 'Who's Tiger?' Book if you want. Keep voting it commenting, it means so much. Xx -zozobear