34 - Fights

Veronica's POV

"Please don't go mummy!" I cry next to Nessa and my dad. We are in a hospital room in Egypt looking over my mum who got attacked by a female lion. "We have the results." A male doctor comes in and explains. We all stand when he enters, anticipating the results.

"Mrs Wendy Merrell was bit in the lower chest area. The fangs of the female slipped into her lungs and that is why she is having trouble breathing. We will be giving her surgery immediately, seeing as this is an A class Injury, the doctors are getting set up and should be ready in a minute. Please stand by, they will come at Collect Mrs Merrell shortly, needing as much space to wheel her out." The doctor smiles and leaves the room.

I sob into Nessa shoulder and she sobs into mine. "Whatever happens, Mummy will always be here." Nessa sniffles. The doctors come in fast and start unplugging my mum. We back into a corner and watch them take her away. She she's gone we all burst out crying. Aaron comforts Nessa but she shrugs him off. "I need to be alone right now." She cries, running over and sitting in a corner. Around nods and leaves the room, causing Nessa to cry more.

Even my dad is crying,the last time he cried was when I got in a car crash, and that was months ago. He is full on sobbing, and I'm not shocked as to why, he could loose his wife. We decide to grab some food, and wait outside the surgery room. We grab some food from the hotel cafe, we don't care if it is expensive at this moment.

We all eat in silence when Estevan rushes in. "I am so sorry!" He pants. "If only I hadn't  taken you, this wouldn't...." Estevan starts, but Nessa hugs him. "I know your sorry, I get it, but it is not your fault. It's no ones." Nessa smiles a weak, but genuine smile. Estevan pulls her in for a big hug. They stay embraced for a few minutes and I feel left out. I join in and they giggle. A genuine happy moment, probably the most for a while.

We head back to the waiting room and sit in silence, wait for results. The surgery has another hour to go, and we are all tired. All of a sudden a knock on the door awakes us. Nessa answers it and stops in shock. "D..d..Devan? what are you doing here?"

Vanessa's POV

I open the door, hoping it is the surgeon. I open the door to see a familiar face, not a good one either. "D..d..Devan? What are you doing here?" I ask shocked. "Hey princess! What? I can't come see my girl?" He laughs. Picking me up and spinning me round. He is acting as if nothing ever happened. I look at Roni and she is just as shocked as me.

"But how did you get, here?" I ask suspicious, pushing away from him. "I knew you would be in Africa, you don't miss out one detail when you tell me these things. Also I saw on the news that your mum got bit! Ouch. I'm sorry." He strokes my hair. I am shocked more than anything so I don't pull away.

Forgetting he is hugging me I push him into the door, causing it to close. "I see, we want privacy." He smirks. I shake my head, but he comes closer. I put my hand on the table but stumble, Devan is continually getting closer. "Devan..." I plead, trying to back away. I back myself into a corner and Roni and my Dad are shouting. "Devan leans over me and I try to run under his arm. He stops me.

"I also knew you were here because I am trafficking Veronica." He grins at my sister. I smack him. "Why!" I ask, slapping him again. "So I could see you! But if I trafficked you it would be to obvious." Klee and grabs me around my waist. "I have waited so long for you." He grins. I try to struggle but he hold me tight. I eventually give up panting, and stand in his embrace. Everyone in the room is to shocked to do anything.

Devan moves closer and his lips touch mine. I try to pull away but he is holding me so tight. Roni finally snaps into reality and her and my dad pry Devan off me. It dosent work. He pushes them into a random medical cupboard in the room and locks the door. He pushes me up against the wall again and starts to kiss me again. I can only speak muffles, and Roni and my dad are stunned. All too soon I see Aaron.

Devan turns around. "Oh my gosh! Ness Ai thought we were in private! Turns out this guy caught us." He sounds innocent, but smirks at me. "I can't believe you...." Aaron starts, I try to run to him, but Devan grabs my hand. "Let go Devan!" I scream. I free my Dad and Roni before shaking off Devan and running after Aaron.

"Aaron please!" I plead as he storms off. "I heard the whole thing!" He yells at me. "So you know what happened!" I try to say, but he cuts me off. "I saw you, he spun you round, kissed your cheek, stroked your hair like I do, hugged you, and you didn't pull away." Aaron sighs. "Aaron I..." I start. "Just listen for one god damn moment Vanessa!" He screams. I stop talking and tears form in my eyes.

"You closed the door, he said something about privacy. I peeked through the door and you two were just, just making out! Just there, while your family didn't do anything. You didn't pull away, nothing. I knew Devan was right." He face palms. "Aaron! Listen to yourself! Do you really think that I would do that to you?" I ask. He nods his head.

I gasp. "Everything has lead up to this. You dated. You broke went out with me, he to,d some 'lies' that I thought were true. All about you saying you loved me more than him. Now this, he has always been trying to break us apart, now he has. You love him more. Maybe I should just go back to America." He mumbled the last part, but shouted the rest.

"Aaron! You are not even listening to what I have to say! He sabotaged me, he kissed me, he trapped me, and he kidnapped you!" I cry. All I want todo is hug Aaron, but he doesn't want to hug me. "I can't listen to you because I don't believe it!" He yells. I stand there shocked. "Maybe you should go back to America." I mumble. "What?" He asks angrily.

"I said maybe you should go back! Go back! Leave me! I don't think I should push myself to be with someone that doesn't trust me, believe in me or love me!" I cry. He does not comfort me, he does not cry with me, he does not apologise. Instead, he nods, and walks away, out of the hospital. I fall on the floor and let the tears fall.

Roni rushes over. "I'm so sorry Nessa." Roni comforts me as I cry into her shirt. "I thought he knew better." I sniff. "He's gone now. Devan I mean." Roni says, that makes me feel a bit better. "How?" I ask confused, he said he wouldn't leave. "I told him to piss off and he did, thankfully." Roni smiles. "Good. Heard anything from mum?" I ask, sniffling. Roni shakes her head at me. I frown, and tears co tu he to stream down my face.

----

"I have some good news and bad news." The doctor comes into the waiting room after about half an hour. "Mrs Merrell will be okay. The surgery went fantastic and she will live." The doctor smiles. A weight has been life fed off all our shoulders. "But...." Oh no here is that weight again. "Mrs Merrell will have breathing problems, more asthma attacks and is more likely to get a lung or heart disease, that could lead to Cancer."

The doctor consults his clipboard. "No.." My dad breaths heavily. "If she has a servers Asthma attack, this is a list of symptoms, and how to treat it." He hands my dad a piece of paper. "If that doesn't work, see your nearest doctor and show this clip." He hands a light blue clip with a chain around it. "She will, wear this, always. You can see her now." He doctor smiles, and exits.

We rush into my mums room. She is awake, barely, and her breathing is slow and weak. We all say a prayer and sit in the room in silence.

Aaron's POV

I don't know why I got angry. I don't know why I walked out. I love Vanessa, and I know she is right, I do trust her, but I don't trust Devan. I decide to leave to America anyway, to see my family and take a break. We are not officially over, and that is the only string of hope that I am holding onto. All I know is that I love her.

A/N who saw that twist 😮 Tell me what you think will happen In the comments. Will Wendy get cancer? Will Aaron and Nessa hold onto their relationship? Tell me your thoughts :) -zozobear

(That picture and title reference though ;))