18 - Rescue Mission

Vanessa's POV

My parents and Aaron get off their flight and drive to Collins house. They open the door and I run to them, giving each of them a hug in turn. My parents drive back to our house, not wanting to stay in a crime scene to long. Myself, Aaron, Collins and Roni discuss a plan to save tiger.

"So all we know is that a hooded figure took him, and we don't know who until the finger print tests are completed." Aaron repeats. We all nod. "So when we find out who took Tiger, we need to research why. If it was for fame, money, science, fun, whatever." Everyone murmurs in agreement. "So we just have to wait?" Roni asks. Aaron nods.

"You guys can stay the night if you want, Devan and my parents went on a vacation." Collins offers, and we all agree. Collins shows me and Aaron to the spare room. "You guys don't have to share, Aaron Devans room is down the hall If your uncomfortable." Collins smiles. "I'd rather hims sleep with me than in that room." I grab Aaron's hand. "Okay Then, Veronica?" He turns around, walking into the lounge.

9:00 at night

"That's my ex's room." I tell Aaron. "Devan?" He asks. I nod. "It's fine if you don't what to sleep with me, I understand." I turn red. "I'd love to sleep with you, clothes on of course." He laughs. "Clothes on." I smile at him, and we walk into the spare room. We both change into pjs, and climb into bed. "Goodnight." Aaron kisses me on the head and turns off the night. "I love you." I whisper into the darkness, snuggling into his chest. "Love you." Aaron whispers back, wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Ah!" I wake with a start. "Aaron stirs beside me. "Sorry, I just had a dream Tiger got killed." I whisper into his ear. "It's okay." He mumbles into his pillow. I check the time, 3:34. I snuggle back into Aaron and try to fall asleep, but I can't. So I text Roni to see if she's awake.

How's sleepin with your fist proper Bae? 😏

Great actually, he's so cozy and warm. How's yours?😬🙃

Fabulous. Can't sleep because I had a dream that tiger was killed☹️🐶

Omg I had the same dream! And it turned out to be Liza?

Yeh! Crazy! Twinning!

Haha, I'm goi to try and sleep now, I think this light of the phone woke Collins.

Okay, night-morning. Xx

Same to you lol xx

I turn off my phone and fall asleep instantly.

I wake up to Aaron getting up. "Sorry, did I wake you?" He questions. "No." I smile. He gets up and stretches, showing his abs. I do my happy smile and try to hide under the covers, and still look at Aaron. I roll over to his side of the bed because it's warmer, and watch him cover his abs with a green shirt.

I get out of bed, and forget I didn't bring any spare clothes. I borrow one of Aaron's shirts, and wear the tights I slept in. I knock on the door of Collins room. "Nessa?" Roni whispers. I walk into the dark room. Roni creeps out of bed and we both walk outside. "I didn't bring any clothes! Our parents took them!" Roni whispers. "Neither. Just wear your tights and steal one of Collins shirts. I smirk.

"Yes! One less shirt to cover his abs." Roni smirks and tip toes back into the room. I walk out into the kitchen to find Aaron making breakfast. I creep up on him and slip my hands around his waist. "Pphe spins around and plants a kiss on my lips. I grab his face and pull away, stroking his soft skin.

"Whatcha making?" I ask. "Pancakes, because I know you love them." Aaron smiles. I hug him and help him make them. Aaron cracks an eggshell into the batter and I laugh, causing him to throw flour at me. I'm tempted to throw some thing back at him, but then I remember we are in another persons house.

We clean up the pancake mess, and Aaron cooks theme while I do the dishes. Roni comes into the kitchen yawning. "Yum pancakes!" She smiles, and helps with the dishes.

Aaron finishes the last pancake when Collins comes into the kitchen. "Wow, I'm a bad host, letting my guest cook." Collins laughs, kissing Roni. "It was my pleasure, this one helped me." Aaron wraps his hand around my shoulder. I blush and cheap get be subject. "Let's eat!"

Once all the pancakes are eaten and clean, Collins rings the police. "Hi, we were just wondering how long the fingerprints of the dog case will take to come in?" Collins asks very formally. "Most likely in the mail today." The lady answers. "Okay thank you!" Collins hangs up. "That was easy." Aaron laughs. We all sit in the living room and talk for another hour.

"Look it's the postman!" Roni exclaims. Collins dipuns outside and returns with a letter. "You open it." He hands it to Roni. "Nessa.." She says. I go sit next to her and open it with her. "1..2..3!" Roni pulls out the letter. "We have found the culprit, Atwood sets of fingerprints were taken, Collins Key, and Liza Koshy." Roni puts down the letter and sighs. "Liza!" She stands up, slapping the table. "Of course, it had to be Liza!" Roni yells, storming off. Collins stands up to follow her, but I stop him.

"She needs space, then I'll talk to her. After that you can talk to her." I smile, and we both sit down. Roni kicks somethings in the other room. I lookup, and rush in, to see a trash can on the ground.

"You wanna talk?" I offer, she nods. "Liza used to be my friend. My second best friend, besides you of course." I nod, signalling for her to carry on. "Then Gabbie came and turned her sour. She embarrassed me in front of the whole school. I'll never forget that!" Roni yells, tears of anger falling down her face. "Then she went and dated your boyfriend the same time as you, and caused you to break up with him. She kissed him in front of you. I told her I liked Ethan and she went and dated him, and now he's our sound guy. What are the odds!" Roni is fully sobbing, and yelling.

I sit on the floor holding her. "It'll be fine. We will get tiger back, and ruin whatever plan she has. Okay?" I pet her hair. She nods. I help her up. Collins rushes in and devoured Roni in a hug. "I'm here for you." He kisses her. I slowly back into the lounge, to find Aaron waiting for a hug. "We'll get him back, right?" I look up into his beautiful eyes. "Of course we will." He smiles.

-----

We sat in the lounge for another hour talking about plans. Roni remembers where Liza lives, so we can check there first. We finally come up with a working game plan, and set to work on timing, traps and weapons.

We decide on tomorrow night for the night of the plan. We spent the whole day coming up with plan, and I'm exhausted. I yawn, eating the last of my sandwich. "You wanna go to bed?" Aaron asks. I nod. He carries me bridal style, and I crawl into bed. I kiss him, and automatically fall asleep.

A/N Sorry about the short chapter! The next one will be more interesting. Thanks for 1.47k reads! I also have a question for all my readers, do you wanna be Internet friends? I want some, and I feel that you guys have been so loyal and supportive of my book, we basically already are. Xx love you -zozobear