51 - New Years

Vanessa's POV

New Years Eve (day)

I wake up to my fiancé, I love calling him that, wrapping his arms around my torso. I smile and give him a kiss on the nose. I roll out of bed after checking my phone and flop onto the floor. Star jumps out of my way so I don't land on him, and I pat him on the belly.

I walk sluggishly into the lounge and slump onto the couch. I flick on the TV and watch whatever channel is on, not really paying attention. Aaron walks over and joins me, so I lean against his chest.

Roni and Collins come out after about ten minutes, and I get really into the show. Roni starts to cook some toast for herself. "Hey Doni can you put some on for me?" I ask politely, fluttering my eyelashes. She laughs and nods, while Aaron tickles me. "Couple. Goals." Collins laughs, hugging Roni.

After breakfast is eaten and we are all dressed we hop into the car and drive to my parents house. We arrive and Roni hugs my mum who is fully capable of walking again. I hug my dad and walk with him to the lounge.

We all sit and chat for a while until Roni and Collins decide to go to the pools. I agree to go with them along with Aaron, so we drive back to our apartment and pick up our stuff.

We drive to the local pools and buy our entry passes. We get changed quickly and me and Roni meet the boys in the corridor. We all decide to go on the hydro slide first, so we walk over to the ling stairwell leading up.

Aaron and I go first. I sit down and Aaron sits behind me, wrapping his legs around my waist. Roni pushes us down and I scream as the tunnel turns black. "Boo!" Aaron tickles me. I scream and roll onto my stomach. "Careful now Ness." Aaron laughs. Trying to grab my hands. He fails and I slaked down before him, landing with a splash at the bottom. Aaron comes and lands on top of me with great force, causing me to tumble over backwards.

We both laugh as we exit the small pool, waiting for Vollins to emerge. I hear screams of laugher and see Ronis legs pike out of the slide. Roni lands somehow on top of Collins and they are in fits of laughter when they stand up.

We ride the slide a few more times before Aaron points to the lane pool. "Look they are setting up and inflatable race!" Aaron smiles. Me and Roni give each other playful smirks before fast walking to the race. We arrive first and I race Roni.

The life guard gives us the all clear and we run into the inflatable. Roni stumbles through the first hoop so I take the lead. I push my way through the tall beams. When I slip and land on my knees. Roni catches up and I force myself up, taking long strides forwards. I see the end slide and we are neck and neck. I jump up all the ladder and get to the top. I look back at Roni which was a rookie mistake, because she jumps over the top and down into the water, leaving me at the top of the slide, in second place.

I slide down into the water to greet her, and we burst out laughing as Collins slides down the slide upside down. Aaron emerges after him and lands on top of him in the water. We all laugh and Collins pushes his head up, surfacing the water.

We play around for a bit longer at the pool before we all get tired and decide to go home. Me and Roni walk to the girls changing rooms, gaining lots of looks from little girls. I wonder what they are looking at, then I remember we are twins and neither of us have makeup on, so we kind of look the same.

After we change I tie my hair into a high pony tail, Letting my bangs fall into my face. We grab our stuff  and head out to find the boys sitting on a bench. "What took you so long?" They tease. I roll my eyes and interlock hands with Aaron.

Veronica's POV

We arrive back home and I run through the shower, washing all the chlorine off of my body and hair. After we are all clean, we drive back to my parents house to get ready for the New Year's Eve party with my family.

We arrive and my mother is already cooking some of the deserts. Me and Nessa help her for a little bit while the boys help my dad with the decorations. After we finish cooking the desserts, I walk over and help Collins put up some streamers.

Everything is finished and we stand back and admire our handy work. I hear the door bell ring, and answer the door to find my cousins Isaac and Nathan at the door, along with my Aunt and Uncle. I smile and hug them, inviting them in.

Our grandparents show up as well as Collins parents. Some of my mums friends and their kids come as well, so the house is fully packed. At about 6:00 we all dive into the food my mum prepared, and it is gone in minutes, seeing as there are so many people.

Collins pulls me to the side after clearing up. "I wanted to ask if you would be my first New Years kiss..." He blushes, studying the floor. "Aw! Yes of course! I'd love too." I grin sheepishly at how cute he is. He smiles and pulls me into a hug.

We continue the party until 11pm, when all the children are either extremely tired or acting like lunatics. We all hop into our separate cars and drive to the centre of town like we do every year.

We stand amount the large crowd, waiting for the countdown. Collins runs off to find his parents and give the, hugs. At 2 minutes to midnight I start to get worried, leave Nessa and try and find him. I locate him and we make our way back over to the large group just as the countdown begins.

The whole town starts to countdown from ten.

Ten

Nine

Eight

Seven

Six

Five

Four

Three

Two

One

Happy new year!!!!!!!

Just as the clock strikes twelve, Collins pulls me in for a New Years kiss. For some reason it feels great. I pull away and give him a huge hug. Everyone pops poppers and blows horns as I make my way to Nessa. She just pulled away from another New Years kiss with Aaron.

"Happy new year!" I smile, pulling her into a hug. She smiles and we walk over to our parents together. We hug them as well as the rest of the family, taking photos like last year.

The crowd slowly creeps away, and only halftone people are left. Just like last year We walk over to Taco Bell and get New Years tacos. The first meal anyone should eat in a new year is 100% Taco Bell.

After our meal is finished, and everyone is satisfied, we head back to our designated cars and drive home. We carry on the party u till the children are well to tired to function, so they all go home.

I yawn and say goodnight to the rest of my family as they leave. Collins runs my back as we say goodnight and head up the stairs. I hug Nessa goodnight and walk into my room, followed by Collins.

I lay down and Collins lays next to me. I snuggle into the covers and he wraps his arms around me, holding me in a protective embrace. "Happy new year Superhero." I smile. "Happy new year Flounder." He grins. I rest my head on his chest and slowly drift asleep.

A/N HI! Sorry about not updating. School started and I forgot how hard it was to write every night ahaha. I also haven't had inspiration lately. I think that the next chapter is going to be the last chapter, I know! Sad :( BUT I am thinking of writing a sequel called 'After ever After' tell me what you think! Also I have lots of other drafts of books I can publish later on, so if you want I can publish them too. ALSO THANK YOU SO FREAKING MUCH FOR 7K READS WTH AHHHHHH THIS IS CRAZY THANK YOU SO MUCH I NEBER THOUGT I WOULD REACH THIS MILE STONE I LOVE TOU GUS SO MUCH TOU DON'T EVEN KNOW! I seriously love you guys so much though! Sorry for the long authors note haha love you xx -zozobear