44 - Reunited

Veronica's POV

"Veronica Merrell?" The lady calls through the room. I stand up with my crutches and walk to her, followed by Nessa and Aaron. "Yes. Right this way dear." She points to a corridor as we approach her.

We enter the medical room and I sit on the bed whilst Nessa and Aaron sit on the chairs provided. The lady shuts the door and sits in her seat. She types a few things into her computer then looks up at me. "Hello Veronica, my name is Alison. I presume you got your letter in the mail a few days ago?" She asks, her eyes scanning the room. "Yes." I say frowning, looking at my foot. Alison frowns, pulling the letter up on her computer.

"Ah, yes." She frowns, studying the letter. She presses a button and the paper prints next to her. She picks it up and examines it further. "Yes, Veronica I am sorry to say that.." She starts and I clench my jaw, afraid of the response. I look over at Nessa and she seems just as nervous. She gives me a sympathetic look then looks back at Alison who continues. "That this letter was a mishap. It is not the valid information about your foot that I was given, let alone the other doctors. It was printed on mistake, sorry for the trouble." She sighs, placing the paper down and typing on her computer again.

I let my jaw drop and look over at Nessa. All the tears were for nothing? I thought my foot hadn't healed, but I can't get ahead of myself, I haven't heard the results yet. Alison brings up amother letter on her computer and prints it out, nodding as she reads it. She smiles and hands it to me. I eagerly take it and read it, a big grin forming in my face.

Veronica Merrell, your foot has healed 94%. Your metal rods have settled well into your foot as replacements and your smaller bones have sealed. You will be required to get your cast off at Missouri hospital at your desired appointment listed below. Your doctor will tell you more details, thanks, California hospital.

I grin and hand Nessa the letter, and I see as she reads it her face lights up. "Yes, sorry if the letter caused you trouble." Alison laughs a nervous laugh and wipes her forehead. "Let's get this cast off then!" She says enthusiastically. "Yes please!" I smile, laying down. She sits me up on the chair and gets a scary large pair of scissors out.

She inserts them into the cast, careful to not touch my skin. I close my eyes and feel the heavy weight I have been feeling for months, finally release. I wiggle my toes and grin, it feels so good. "Would you like to open your eyes?" Alison laughs. I blush and open them, gasping at my foot. It is all red, but it is fully healed. I beam and so does Nessa.

"Would you like to stand?" Alison asks politely. I nod and she helps me onto my good foot. I slowly lower my other foot and add weight. I wince at the slight pain, cramps and new feeling, but end up standing normally. "Good job!' Nessa claps. Alison whispers something in her ear. She nods. "Come and give me a congratulations hug!" She exclaims, walking towards me. I smile and take a step forward. She then takes a step back. I scowl and take another step forward, and she takes another step back. I frown and we continue until Nessa is backed up against the wall.

She grins as I finally make it to her, and squeeze her in a huge hug. "That was the plan." She whispers into my ear. "I know." I giggle. "Sorry to break the sisterly bond.." Alison steps in. Me and Nessa both turn red and I go sit back on the bed. "I have some medication you can take if your pain gets bad, and you will have to use one crutch for a week or so, until you are used to the feeling. Also no running unless it is necessary. Try and walk around the house around five times a day to get the feelings running again in your foot." Alison smiles, handing me a prescription paper along with a list of the things she just mentioned.

We smile and thank her as we walk out, and it feels weird being able to put pressure on my foot. We hop in the car and drive back to my uncles place. We arrive and he gives me a huge hug. We chat for a bit until we have to catch our flight home. "Thanks for letting us stay with you!" I say, giving him a hug. "Anytime." He smiles, giving Nessa a hug too. We all hop in the car and save as we drive to the airport.

Vanessa's POV

We arrive at the airport and check in. We wait until our gate is called. I text Collins for our little set up. I will be getting revenge on Roni, the good type, since she helped me with Aaron. I grin at Collins text and Aaron looks over my shouler. I hide the phone from Ronis view and she frowns, folding her arms. I shrug and reply to his text.

Our gate is called and we hop onto the plane. I turn my phone off and onto airplane mode, chucking it in my bag. The plane lifts into the air and I grab Roni and Aaron's  hands for support. They both smile at me. Roni keeps touching her shoes, thinking about how weird it is to be wearing two probably.

We land in California and hop off the plane. We grab our bags and I get the 'bright idea' to get doughnuts, but that is just were the plan is getting set up. We sit down at a table and 'order doughnuts', but the waiter switches them while Roni isn't looking. "You can open them." I grin at her. She gives me a weird look and opens them.

She takes a moment then looks suspiciously at the doughnuts. The doughnuts spell out two words. "Turn around?" Roni asks confused. I shrug my shoulders and she does, seeing a pathway of no people, and one person at the end. "Collins." She whispers, her eyes wide. "Collins!" She screams, dropping her crutches and sprinting.

Collins POV

I arrive at the airport and hide behind a plant. I see them enter the doughnut shop and stand in my position. Veronica turns around and whispers something. I open my arms, a gesture for her to come to me. "Collins!" She screams, and drops her crutches.

She runs to me and it feels as if it is in slow motion. Her long dark hair is flowing behind her, and her beautiful face has tears slowly running down it. She reaches me and I embrace her, resting my head on hers. She looks up into my eyes and I spin her around. She wraps her legs around my waist and I stop spinning. She looks at me eye level. I smile and lean in. She does the same and the space between our lips connect.

I forgot how good she tasted, I forgot how beautiful she actually is. A tear runs onto her lips and we part. I wipe her eyes and shed a tear myself. "Hi." I chuckle. She giggles her cute giggle. "Hi." We stare at each other for a moment before I kiss her again, this time more passionately. "I missed you so much." I mumble into her hair. "I missed you more." She mumbles back. I look into her eyes and cup her cheek. "I love you." I smile. "I love you too." She grins, jumping back into my arms and hugging me once more.

Nessa comes over with her vlog camera. "Got it!" She pants, Aaron at her side. "You planned this?" Veronica cries, hugging her sister. I give Aaron a bro hug and hand shake. Vanessa and Veronica have a twin moment so I chat to Aaron to break the awkward silence.

We begin to walk over to Krispy Kreme and Veronica grabs my hand. I grin and we walk hand and hand to her stuff. I pick up her bags and she picks up her crutches and phone. We walk still conjoined at the hand to my car.

Everyone gets in, me driving, Veronica next to me, and Vanessa and Aaron in the back. I rest my hand in the middle while we driving, and Veronica links our hands. I smile at her, man I've missed this feeling.

A/N this was my favourite chapter to write😍😍😍 also, THANK YOU FOR 6k READS WTH? We literally hit 5k a few days ago and now we are at 6! This means so much to me thank you! Ps: sorry I wasn't updating yesterday I was at a Harry Potter marathon and I am tiredddddd time to go to sleep.
Xx -zozobear