10 \\satan's brother

SATAN'S BROTHER

"Brandy?" Satan laughed, as Taehyung put the bottle on the coffee table in front of him, "I suppose you met Charlotte then."

The Devil seemed in much better mood than ten minutes ago and that helped Taehyung feel slightly more at ease.

"I did. She seems nice," he replied, scratching the back of his neck.

The black haired man didn't reply and poured himself a glass of the Brandy, chugging it in one breath.

Taehyung widened his eyes, fighting back the urge to tell him to slow down and just watched him chug glass after glass, not shedding a word, until he stopped.

"So, baby boy-" ah, this again. "-since we are going to spent a month here together, I think it's time to let you know Satan isn't my actual name."

Taehyung furrowed his eyebrows, but then remembered God wasn't God's real name either. It was logical that the Devil had a different name as well.

He waited for him to continue.

"Jeon Jeongguk at your service," he saluted with a playful grin, which Taehyung blamed on the alcohol he just consumed.

Jeon Jeongguk.

Satan's real name was Jeon Jeongguk.

Taehyung glanced at the man, looking at his messy black hair, white shirt with its first buttons undone, and thought that Jeongguk suited him.

"Baby boy, I'm actually quite suspicious of the way we met. It is a bit too much of a coincidence for you to summon me on the same night I got Jimin's signal," he murmured and crossed arms in front of his chest.

Taehyung kept quiet for a while, questioning if he should share his thoughts.

"Well-" he began unsurely. "-I'm pretty sure there's more to the story than Jimin told us."

Jeongguk looked up and bit his lip, "You're probably right. We should-"

"Your majesty, I don't wanna worry you, but I think I saw a rat in the bathroom." a voice, heavy with irony, interrupted Satan.

Taehyung turned to the source of the voice and saw a tall pretty boy, leaning on the door frame with his arms crossed and a perky smile.

"Oh, did you look in the mirror, Chanyeol?" Jeongguk replied and poured himself another drink.

Tae tried really hard to hold his laughter, when he saw offence taking over Chanyeol's face.

"That was very rude, fetus," he hissed and smacked Jeongguk on the head, causing him to choke on the alcohol.

Taehyung held his breath, expecting the Devil to burn him down to a little pile of ashes for doing that, but the man just sighed.

"Baby boy, meet my older brother - Chanyeol. Chanyeol, meet Taehyung." he said and Chanyeol curtsied with a playful smile.

The brown haired male nodded at him, smiling back shyly.

"Is he dead, Jeongguk?" the elder asked casually and his brother shook his head.

"No, he is here, because of a deal."

Chanyeol's eyebrows furrowed, "He is pretty."

Redness spread over Taehyung's cheeks and he quickly looked away, acting as he didn't hear that.

Jeongguk frowned and stopped his burning with cold flames eyes on Chanyeol.

"I think you can free us from your company now. I'll see you at dinner." his voice sounded almost threatening, as he nodded at the door, leading out of the house.

Chanyeol's lips turned into a thin line, but he didn't protest.

"See you around, pretty boy." the elder said to Taehyung and then left.

An annoyed sigh escaped Jungkook's lips, while Taehyung was just thinking what a weird turn his life took.

———

"So, starting tomorrow morning, you'll do exactly what every maid should be doing - clean, cook and serve me anytime," Jeongguk smiled at Taehyung, as they were climbing up the staircase to the brown haired's room, "But, to do that, you should rest, right? Here is the place."

They stopped at the second floor, went down a tiny dark corridor with no windows, and then stopped in front of the last door.

"Namjoon, my gardener, will be your roommate. If he bothers you, let me know, and he will be out, baby boy," Satan winked and opened the door, "Take a look."

Taehyung walked in and the first thing he noticed was the many, many plants put all around. It didn't surprise him, really, since Namjoon was the gardener, after all.

The second was the smell of grass and freshness. He decided he didn't mind it, as he inhaled the scent a few more times.

The third was the shade of red that the walls had and made the place more cosy.

And after that, he spotted his bed at the left side of the room.

"We will go shopping together to buy you some clothes, but until then, borrow Namjoon's stuff." Jeongguk said and then turned around, "I'm gonna let you rest for a bit. Dinner starts at 7:00 pm. Don't be late."

And with those words, he shut the door, leaving Taehyung alone.

———

a/n

this chapter is a bit more on the filler side, but prepare for some interesting shit in the next, lovelies
i'm gonna use the occasion also to thank you for 2k reads
have a great day‼