25 \\my first fight with satan

MY FIRST FIGHT WITH SATAN

Taehyung took a deep breath, calling all his courage to knock on the king of Hell's door, very aware of the fact that he might get burned down. Jeongguk was definitely in a bad mood since he got back from his father's - he hadn't left his room in two days - and no one knew why. Even Chanyeol was clueless or at least he said so.

And Taehyung knew it was none of his business, but now that he and Satan have established that they have a liking towards each other, the man was a little worried and thought maybe Jeongguk will explain at least to him.

So, he finally knocked on the door after ten minutes of standing anxiously.

"Who the fuck?" he heard Jeongguk's voice, sounding kinda raspy.

"It's Taehyung, would you let me in?" the man asked shyly.

"No, fuck off."

Taehyung bit his lip and ignored that, "Jeongguk, I'm concerned. You obviously have something bothering you and we should talk about it."

"I'm fine, I don't need to talk."

"Guk, you haven't even talked to Jimin and he is your best friend." Tae sighed.

A stomp was heard from the inside and the door opened, presenting a mad Jeongguk with his hair as messy as a nest, unbuttoned white shirt and black circles under his eyes.

"Then what makes you think I wanna talk to you?" he spat, "I've known you for two weeks and I am the damn king of Hell. When I tell you to fuck off, you fuck off. Unless you want your pretty little face to catch fire - but if that's the case, then, please, be my guest."

Taehyung gulped and felt his chest and eyes stinging.

"You're a fucking dickhead, Jeongguk." he raised his voice and the Devil's lip twitched.

"You don't know me, Taehyung." his fists were clenched.

Shivers went up the man's spine when Satan used his real name and not "baby boy". However, he ignored that.

"Oh, but I do! You play it like you're, oh, so powerful, while in reality you may be the Devil, but you still got your ass kidnapped by your daddy, like, come on," Taehyung shook his head, "I just wanted to help."

Jeongguk rolled his eyes and groaned, "I don't need help. Never have, never will. And don't you bring my father into this, you have no idea what you're fucking talking about. The best way to help me is to give me some damn space. If you knew me, you'd be aware of that."

And he slammed the door in Taehyung's face. The man just stared at the wood for a few seconds, before scoffing and walking away to his room.

He plopped in his bed, putting hands over his eyes.

When did his life take such a weird turn? When did he end up fighting with Satan, who he has feelings towards, at his bedroom door? All of it was insane. The fact that he was mad at the Devil right now was insane.

"But it all ends in two weeks and a half." Taehyung said to himself.

He dove deep into his thoughts, just laying on the bed for solid thirty minutes - death, life, love, pain, faith and other various existential topics passed through his mind. Being ih Hell, seeing what the afterlife is like, really puts things into perspective.

The man was just about to fall asleep, when someone entered the room.

"Hey, Namjoon, could you please restrain from throwing Suki's underwear into the pool? I know you are upset, but... Oh, Taehyung! Sorry, I was looking for Joon. Didn't mean to wake you up." it was Chanyeol, leaning on the door frame.

"Oh, it's fine," Taehyung said and sat up, "Too much thoughts to fall asleep anyway."

"Is something bothering you, pretty boy?" Chanyeol asked.

The man clicked his tongue, "This whole "pretty" or "baby" boy thing is pathetic, you and Jeongguk should get a grip."

"I guess. Anyways, I better go, Namjoon's clearly out of control and Suki's definitely gonna get back at him," he sighed, "I'm the only thing that keeps this household from murdering one another."

Taehyung smiled. Chanyeol was being surprisingly bearable since Jeongguk's kidnapping.

"How long have you all lived together?" he asked.

"Well-," the other man closed the door behind him, then sat down on the bed next to Tae, "-for a bit more than ten years."

"Wow, that's a lot."

"Not really, considering that we will be together until the end of time." Chanyoel grinned.

"Actually, I have some questions, now that you mention time... How come there are not any people here that are born in 1760, for example? Or why isn't Shakespeare or Da Vinci walking around?" Taehyung questioned with sudden curiosity.

"People are divided into big groups, based on time periods or eras. Here you can find anyone born from 1990 to 2010. In other dimension, there are people from 1860 to 1880," Chanyeol explained, "If demons from all centuries had to share the same Hell, it would be disastrous."

Taehyung nodded with understanding.

"So, do you age in Hell?"

"You age until you are twenty-one, after that it's your decision if you wanna keep aging or age until a certain older age, just because," Satan's brother smiled, "It's pretty cool here, in general. Many things are absolutely your choice. Not like on Earth - where rarely anything depends on you."

Taehyung smiled back, "I see. All of this makes me fear death less."

"I'm glad, pretty boy," Chanyeol winked and patted his shoulder, "Good talk, but I really gotta go now. Peace should be restored between Suki and Joon."

He got up, making a goofy superhero power pose and left the room, leaving Taehyung giggling.

Two minutes later, a knock was heard on his door. A little part of him hoped it was Jeongguk, coming to apologizd.

"Come in." Taehyung yelled.

The door opened and a breathless, with a bleeding jaw Satan walked in.

"So... allow me to explain, baby boy?"

Close enough.