23 \\surprise! it was papa diablo

SURPRISE! IT WAS PAPA DIABLO

"...The fuck you mean someone kidnapped Jeongguk?" Namjoon burst out laughing.

Suki groaned and slapped his hand, "Stop it, you oak humper, this is serious."

Jimin nodded and turned to Taehyung.

"Tell us what happened, Tae."

But Taehyung couldn't get a word out, he was shaking so hard. Jimin sighed and quickly got up to get a blanket, wrapping it around Tae's shoulders. The man's eyes were wide as plates and his skin was too pale.

"Damn, he really is very scared." Jimin pointed out the obvious.

"Could it be one of Jeongguk's pranks?" Suki suggested, but Jimin shook his head.

"Nah, he wouldn't do that to him, he actually likes him. So, I suppose he is in shit up to the neck. I mean, getting kidnapped, come on, Jeongguk, you're the fucking king of Hell." he sighed with annoyance (but you could hear the worry under it).

Namjoon shrugged his shoulders and sat next to Tae, rubbing his back in a comforting manner.

"Maybe we could consult Chanyeol on that one?" he said and Jimin rolled his eyes.

"Fine, but I doubt he will be of any help. For all we know, he might be the one who kidnapped him."

Suki chuckled lightly and nodded in agreement, whereas Namjoon frowned, like he was actually considering the possibility of Chanyeol wanting to harm Jeongguk (which was understandable, knowing the brothers' past with each other ).

"I don't think he did it," Namjoon said, "He may be irritating, but he is not dumb - consequences do come with kidnapping the Devil."

"And Chanyeol is very aware of that," Suki continued his thought, "Even though it's obvious he wants to stick it to Jeongguk in every way possible he wouldn't do something that risky, no. It was someone who knows what they're dealing with and how to handle it."

Namjoon sighed, "Oh, this is bad."

Jimin groaned and put hands behind his head, taking big steps around the room.

"What did you see, Taehyung?" he asked once again, seeing that the man is a bit calmer now.

"Nothing much. We were just talking... and that's the last thing I remember. Then I woke up on the ground." he made a grimace, "That's very cliché."

Jimin bit his lip, "Well, not really helpful," then turned on his heels, carrying on his nervous walking around the room.

For a while the four of them didn't say anything, thinking hard of every scenario possible. The more time passed, the more they realized there is no way they could help Jeongguk. All they could do was worry and hope he won't die.

"But can you actually kill the Devil?" Taehyung questioned.

"Well, of course you can, but I'm not telling you how." Jimin answered.

"Why not?!"

"Who knows, he might break your little human heart and then you might get the stupid idea to kill him, driven by your sadness or whatever."

Taehyung laughed, "It's that what you think humans do when someone breaks their heart?"

"Yeah. You're so dramatic."

And for some reason, maybe because of all the pressure, that sparked up anger in Taehyung.

"You were a human once, too, do you realize that?"

"So what? I died when I was like three, man, I was raised here." Jimin scoffed.

Taehyung let out a soft "oh" and his anger washed away.

He was only three?

"But fuck this, we need to do something about the royal poop. Fast."

They once again sunk in thinking silence, which was broken by Namjoon:

"What if we call up Jeongguk's dad?"

"Papa Diablo, you mean?" Jimin raised his eyebrows, "Well, we don't have too many options. Let's do it."

Taehyung gulped and felt like his head was about to explode.

And it's only been a week and a half.

"Who's gonna talk?" Jimin asked, getting his phone out of his pocket, "It's not gonna be me, that dude is terrifying."

"I suggest Suki." Namjoon pointed at the girl.

She shook her head and took the phone from Jimin's hand, dialing Papa Diablo.

"You're such pussies," She mouthed at them and waited for the Devil's dad to pick up. And then he did. Suki's expression and tone changed completely to a bubbly and cheerful one, "Mister Diablo, hello! How are you, how's everything going? ... That's great! Um, listen, we are having a bit of a situation here. Someone happened to kidnap Jeongguk and we have no idea how to find him, so we decided to call you up..."

Jimin mumbled something and covered his face with his hands. Namjoon just kept on listening carefully.

As Papa Diablo was responding, Suki's face drastically changed again - her mouth was agape and eyes widened.

"Oh... I see ... He is here, actually, yes, do you wish to speak with him? ... Alright." she turned to Taehyung and handed him the phone, "Papa wants to talk to you. Jeongguk's with him."

Taehyung looked at Suki very, very, very deeply confused by the weird turn of events, but took the phone.

I might as well just go with everything that's happening here.

"Uh... hello?"

"Hello, Kim Taehyung. I'm Jeongguk's dad. I think we need to have a talk."

-

:O ???? what ???