28 \\ ... wasn't the best idea

... WASN'T THE BEST IDEA

"And don't you fucking call me an asshole, if anything you're the asshole! I'm gonna beat your ass! GET OUT OF MY HOUSE!" and with those words, a handful of spaghetti flew across the room and landed directly on Jin's face.

"Jeongguk, no." was all Taehyung could say as he was looking at Jin horrified.

"Ah, if only someone could've foreseen this." Jimin shook his head, unimpressed with what just happened, and walked out the dining room, leaving Taehyung alone in his own mess.

He sighed and ran a hand through his hair, pulling it for a second.

Let's rewind a little bit to see where things exactly went wrong.

-

"I would love to stay for dinner!" Jin exclaimed and smiled sweetly, "At the Devil's house at that... But do you think he would mind?"

You have no idea.

"Of course not! He has absolutely no reason to!"

"Well, if you say so..." Jin took the bag off his shoulder.

Taehyung nodded with a forced smile.

Lord help me.

-

"Okay, yeah, he is gonna get mad, but that's the whole point. What's the worse that could happen?" Taehyung bit his lip nervously as he was talking to Jimin.

He had just explained to him his "plan" while Jin was in the bathroom and, needless to say, Jimin was not on board.

"Tae, when I say mad, I don't mean he's gonna side eye Jin the whole dinner and then give you the silent treatment for half a day. He is Satan, the crazy bitch might just burn your little lover boy down. Do you not know him at all?"

Taehyung sighed, a part of him aware that Jimin is right, the other still seeking to get back at Jeongguk. He knew it wasn't sensible to play with the Devil's patience, but come on. It's not like they were a couple or anything - he had the right to hang with whoever he wants. It's not his problem that Jeongguk was possessive over someone he didn't posses in the first place.

So, he shrugged his shoulders and folded his arms stubbornly.

"Let's see what happens."

Jimin laughed and patted Taehyung's back.

"Damn, you are dumb. Good luck."

Taehyung scoffed. Before he could answer, Jin had came back from the bathroom.

"Are we ready to eat?" he asked with a grin on his face.

Sure we are.

-

"Well, this is awkward." Jin laughed nervously as he played with his salad.

He wasn't wrong. Apparently, Taehyung picked an especially bad night to mess with Jeongguk. He didn't know much - just that he got in a fight with someone... and that he lost. Taehyung could almost see smoke coming out of his ears, as he was chugging a glass of wine after a glass of wine. He hadn't said a word since he came home and saw Jin on the couch, chatting with Taehyung. Jeongguk just threw his coat on the floor with obvious frustration and disappeared upstairs for an hour before coming down to dinner.