Chapter 5

« EDITED »
||||| A Walk In The Park|||||
Thursday

BamBam had his nose buried deep into the same book from Tuesday, leaving his friends to steer him away from every door, wall and person in the corridor as they walked to the cafeteria. Jaebum had came back to school that day so they were going to finally have lunch with Jinyoung's group.

(It was something everyone was secretly looking forward to.)

On this occasion, it was Youngjae who had a hold on the back of platinum blonde's uniform shirt. Youngjae was spacing out every other minute, trying to conjure up a plan of how he'd get Im Jaebum to become his friend and it didn't go unnoticed by the only two people talking. It bothered them that the second most talkative person in their group hadn't said a single word since the bell rang.

"You've been a lot quieter recently," Mark started. "There's something bugging you." Youngjae pouted. He wasn't one to bottle small things up so he took the chance to rant.

"I want to become friends with Im Jaebum but the guy despises me!"

"How do you know he hates you?" Yugyeom inquired.

"I've tried starting an actually decent conversation with him many times and they all failed miserably with him narrowing his eyes and/or saying something mean," Youngjae explained, inserting a exasperated sigh after to show his frustration.

"Why haven't you given up?" Mark didn't understand why Youngjae seemed so determined to be Jaebum's friend all of a sudden.

Other students stared down the group when Youngjae screeched and wailed, "I don't know!" It made BamBam peer up at his group for a second.

"Maybe you fancy him," Yugyeom chimed in. Youngjae stared at the younger, eyes boring through him.

"Bruh. I've known him for a week."

"And?" Kunpimook said, finally saying something since the halfhearted "hey" he'd given Yugyeom in the morning. Mark rolled his eyes at the simply question.

"Shush, BamBam. Not a lot of people decide they're madly in love with someone after the person helps them a few times." BamBam gasped dramatically, acting hurt.

"Don't you dare disrespect my decision making skills!"

"Please. We all know your little crush is a hopeless cause," Mark sassed. Yugyeom and Youngjae stared at the scene with wide eyes; BamBam too.

An eerie silence came over the group and no one dared to speak. That was when Mark knew... he fucked up. The platinum blonde stared done at the book in his hand, scratching at the cover. It had been four years of that one-sided crush and, after so long, BamBam truly didn't have any hope left.

He knew it made no sense.

"B-BamBam, I'm so sor--" Mark was stopped when the second youngest raised his head quickly.

"No, no, it's okay. I should really - um - exit this situation by - um - I HAVE TO GO TO THE LIBRARY! Sorry, just say I found out I'm allergic to food or something," BamBam said before spinning around and speed walking in the opposite direction, to said destination.

"Kunpimook!" Mark called, now feeling very guilty. He started to walk after the boy but was once again stopped (by Youngjae this time).

"Leave him alone. He won't stay mad for long," Youngjae said sternly. Mark nodded and they started walking again. "And think before you talk next time." All Mark could do at the moment was nod.

"I still think you're at least starting to catch feelings," Yugyeom muttered after they turned a corner. Youngjae shrugged, stuffing his hands into his pockets.

"Nah, Jaebum's just... not my style," he stated.

> > >

In the distance, Youngjae spotted Jaebum talking to Jackson at his locker. He skipped over to them happily and stopped in front of the conversing pair. Yugyeom and Mark snickered at how blank Jaebum looked as Youngjae gushed animatedly. The hallway was filled with whispering, comments and loud conversations about a certain popular brunette.

To other students, Youngjae had been acting a bit odd recently. His predictable and monitored 'randomness' was replaced by a desperate Youngjae begging a 'nobody' to be his friend. He was trying to impress someone socially below (only by a few ranks, mind you) him and some that idolized Youngjae found it disturbing. Others, that could care less about the seventeen-year-old and his actual intentions, felt sorry for Jaebum because they either knew or were told about how fake Youngjae was in the past and how 'plastic' he could be.

//////

Ok so I'm really sorry that I've been focusing a lot on BamBam and his little crush so far. This is a 2Jae fanfic and it shall stay that way! So don't worry. After the chapter after this, there won't be anything other than 2Jae for a while.

- TheSixYearOld