CHAPTER 32

//_Easter Break - First Week_\\
Wednesday_12:00am •

"I never wanted this."

He grabs her shoulder as she turns away, staring down at her back through wet bangs.

"Then why did you take the umbrella? Why did you talk to me?"

She hugs herself, her tears masked by the rain slightly.

"You were different then."

"I was an ass."

"You still are, I just didn't know then."

The sound of the rain fills the silence.

KNOCK, KNOCK, KNOCK, KNOCK

Jaebum paused the movie quickly and groaned in frustration.

After shuffling through empty bags of chips, packets or Oreos, two cartons of juice and more, he swung the front door open with a glare. Who would be out in this rain?

"Youngjae?" Jaebum peered down at the younger boy standing on his doorstep.

"Can I come in," Youngjae asked. Jaebum nodded, moving aside for Youngjae to get through. He fussed over the latter as he led him to the bathroom, ordering him to take a bath and put his wet clothes in the hamper.

"I'll get you some clothes and a towel." Then Jaebum left Youngjae alone.

- - -

Jaebum silently walked back in after twenty minutes to get the wet clothes and replace them with dry ones.

Youngjae was singing the song from the time they made up (lonely - jonghyun ft. taeyeon) and Jaebum sings along without realizing. Youngjae popped his head out from behind the shower curtains. "You're really good at singing," he complimented. His hair was slicked back and foamy and Jaebum found it surprisingly rood. The older smiled before picking up Youngjae's soaked clothes and replacing them with a large shirt and pajama pants. He said a quick 'thanks' before walking out and to the laundry room.

* * *

Youngjae tried his best to not trip over the pants legs as he walked down the stairs, making it to kitchen - where Jaebum said he would be - after deciding to pull up the pants legs because of almost falling over a small random table.

He found Jaebum leaning against a counter next to the door. The burgundy haired boy handed him a cup of tea and Youngjae sat on the counter opposite of Jaebum.

- - -

As our pair chat, a small human waddled (my auto incorrect doesn't know half of the English language so it changed waddle to waffle) down the stairs tiredly.

She walked to where she heard the most noise (the kitchen) and stood in the doorway silently, watching and listening to her brother and another person talk.

- - -

Youngjae was caught in a staring contest with a little girl that was standing in a doorway. He smiled after a while and waved. Jaebum noticed this and turned around. "Yuuna, what are you doing up? It's the middle of the night," Jaebum said in disbelief.

His little sister yawned and walked to him. "I had a bad dream and May was crying because vkook was dying slowly but we were still fluffy. So I helped her stop crying by saying another book you told me about and then I went away because I didn't want to see her cry again and her phone was too bright," she explained. Jaebum chuckled, picking Yuuna up after she does the grabby hands. The little girl fell asleep instantly.

"We should go to sleep now. Is the couch okay for you?" Jaebum questioned.

"Um - actually - no."

"Why?"

Youngjae paused, fidgeting. "I-I had a nightmare."

"Are you five? I'm pretty sure you can manage on the couch."

"See this is why your anything game is dry now," Youngjae grumbled, crossing his arms over his chest. Jaebum squinted at the younger, that being the only way he could challenge him at the moment. "Because you're a hypocrite." The statement makes Jaebum miss hating Youngjae.

"Because I've had to put up with you and stuff like this."

"I don't know what you mean," Youngjae denied stubbornly.

"Okay," Jaebum muttered, raising a hand in surrender.