CHAPTER 38

////////_ Part 2? _\\\\\\\\
Monday

With two weeks left of school, there was - of course - a lot of free time for both groups of friends. It was lunch time, the only time the two groups could really interact as a whole on a Monday. So Mark, Youngjae and Jaebum waited patiently in the art room - as BamBam had directed - for Yugyeom to return and the others to arrive.

"Mark can you go get Jinyoung?" Youngjae asked, tapping his fingers against the long rectangular table as he played with Jaebum's sleeve idly. The older boy had his head hidden in his crossed arms as he grumbled about bright lights, tests and how he couldn't wait for graduation the next year. Mark grumbled a no, playing with his phone case. "Sorry - said it wrong. Mark go get Jinyoung," Youngjae deadpanned.

"I'm older, peasant, and why can't I get Jackson?" Mark whined. Youngjae squinted at the chestnut haired boy.

"I literally just sent Yugyeom to go get him." Mark walked to the door, huffing and puffing.

• • •

Mark found Jinyoung in the school's older art room. The room was used for storage now and was known years before for the rare spotting of The Park Jinyoung working on a piece with his back to the door and, if you got close enough to see, his bangs hiding away concentrated eyes. It brings nostalgia of a time where fights, drama, adventures and more drama that brought the two inseparable groups together. The eldest didn't say a word, sneaking up on the other boy. Over his shoulder, Mark can see the third of a painting. It's a combination of varying greens, blues, yellow and orange (for lamp posts), purples and other dark colours. The only eye catching thing about it being the straight faced boy in the pouring rain. The boy looked soaked and watched as a bright blue umbrella tumbled away.

"It reminds me of BamBam," Mark commented.

Jinyoung jumped at the sound of his voice, dropping his paint brush and complaining under his breath as he rushed to get paper towels to clean the mess made by the brush

- - -

A certain Thai male skipped through the corridors, humming a song that had played on the radio on his way to school. He heard familiar voices come from the old art room. The door was left ajar so eavesdropping isn't to difficult for him in this situation.

His eyes perk at the mention of his name.

- - -

"What does he have to do with anything?" Jinyoung asked. Mark silently observed the painting in a way that would change the subject.

"What does it mean?" Jinyoung shrugged, muttering something about just wanting to paint something. "What are you going to do about the crush? It's been a year." The raven haired boy fidgeted in his seat.

"I'm gonna confess."

- - -

Without an indication of name, BamBam got his hopes up.

- - -

"What about BamBam though? Haven't you gotten really close to him?

"And? Can I not be friends with other guys anymore?" The other boy questioned angrily.

- - -

Oh. He was just a friend...

Kunpimook frowned, staring at the lockers opposite him. He knew he shouldn't have hoped for more than a crumb.

- - -

"No, it's just that--"

"I will never consider Kunpimook as more than a friend by default."

- - -

He leaned off of the wall, continuing his journey to the art room.

BamBam was thankful that the corridors were practically a ghost town, the only people there too busy to care.

• • •

The art room door creeked open. Kunpimook kept his eyes down, wiping at them. "BamBam," Youngjae called, hitting the back of Jaebum's head to wake him up. Jaebum jabbed his finger into Youngjae's side and they began arguing.

"Hyung, why do I feel numb?" Youngjae stared at the younger worriedly, standing instantly when he heard a sniffle. He rushed to BamBam and pulled him into a tight hug.

"Hola," Mark greeted loudly, Jinyoung, Yugyeom and Jackson walking in behind him. BamBam pulled away quickly. He waited until they all were sat down at the same table and moved to the head of the table. With pink, puffy eyes peeking out behind his platinum hair and a bright smile BamBam took a deep breath before speaking.

"I'm leaving in August."

//////

It's unedited. Most chapters are to tell you the truth.

- Dora