Chapter 4

« EDITED »
|||| Simple Things ||||
Tuesday

Youngjae shifted his back-pack strap that was shrugged on to one shoulder and waltzed into the room of his first class. It was a little more than twenty minutes before the day started so most people were out of their seats, talking in small or large groups with their friends; this included Youngjae and Jaebum's group.

Jackson was sitting in Mark's seat in the third row, with Mark on his lap, the eldest boy's cheeks carrying a noticeable flush. Jinyoung was sitting in his usual aisle seat and the seat between them, where BamBam was put at the start of the year, was empty. The fourth row, where Youngjae and Yugyeom sat with another student, was occupied solely by Yugyeom - who was sat on the table in front of Youngjae's middle seat - as the small group chatted. 

Walking to his seat, Youngjae dropped his bag behind it before moving around the three tables and shooing Yugyeom into his corner. He sat down on his table, not bothering to ask where Mr Cold was. "What were you guys talking about?" Youngjae asked instead, beginning to sway his feet back and forth.

"Nothing much," Mark answered, one his hands moving to overlap Jackson's. "But Jinyoung was suggesting that our groups eat lunch together more often." Youngjae shrugged. He knew that both groups had been entertaining the idea since--

"Why not? It'll be nice," he replied. Jinyoung smiled at the optimistic attitude Youngjae didn't normally use unless needed to cheer up his friends.

"Great! Why don't we eat together the day the Jaebum comes back? Then we'll have everyone here," he said. Everyone nodded and continued talking about random things and - of course - gossip.

• • •

BamBam walked into the classroom five minutes before the bell rang. He had prominent dark circles under his dazed eyes and his uniform looked like he'd walked through hell on the way to school - minus the expected dirt and blood.

One of his pants' legs were pulled up mid calf, his belt was missing and his shirt collar was popped up, the overall button-up as wrinkled as a raisin. Youngjae spotted the familiar font on the white shirt that was partially hidden under Kunpimook's barely buttoned shirt and he quickly realized it was the boy's favourite, with purposely bad Sharpy saying: "...But You're Not Better Than GD"

The younger boy dragged himself to his seat, ignoring the many "good mornings" from his group of friends and classmates, and almost threw his bag onto the table before flopping into his seat. He pulled out a thick book (*sprinkling holy water over device* thicc) and Youngjae felt the start of the week-long headache that was yet to come as he watched BamBam flip through the first few pages.

Books were Kunpimook's go-to when he wanted nothing to do with anything and, though common, when he resorted to them, Youngjae wanted to tear his hair out because BamBam would ignore almost everyone (excluding his mom - of course) and could only be found in a nearby library. The chances of getting him out of the book-filled maze were very slim and that led to Jackson, Yugyeom or Youngjae picking up a knocked out Kunpimook at closing time.

The bell rang, signalling the start of the day. The teacher walked into the room, a coffee cup in hand and a look that said "breathe and I'll suspend you". Yugyeom pulled Youngjae off the table and they walked around to sit in their seats. Mark was now sitting in his own as Jackson rushed over to his in the middle of the second row on the right.