Chapter Nine

Maisy's POV

"I had so much fun today! Thank you guys so much." I hug each of them individually and take lots of selfies with them.

"No problem! If you're ever in LA, we'd be more than happy to show you around." Ricky offered.

"Thanks again guys!"

"Here, let me put our numbers in your phone." I hand Trevor my phone so he can transfer the contacts.

"Text me later!" Sam calls as I walk away. I wave one last time before entering the hotel. I scrolled through my contacts and saw six new ones.

conna:)

ricky pickle

sam

jay jay

trevy<3

keen

I giggled and slipped my phone into my bag. I really am the luckier girl on the planet.

After we are crappy beach food, we played chicken in the water. I won, but I think they just let me win so I could keep my breath.

Kian, Sam and I built a sandcastle while the others were in the water at one point. It was the awesomest castle ever!

Jay and I talked for what felt like hours. He told me how I reminded him of his sister Jaylyn, and how he missed her so much. Overall, today was pretty epic.

@hypedmaisyx: had the best day thanks 2 o2l!! going back home tmrw tho :(

I checked my mentions and nearly dropped my phone. All of them followed me?! Oh my goodness! And I gained over three hundred followers!

@jccaylen: already missing the boo @hypedmaisyx :( come back 2 cali soon!!

Aw, he called me boo! How sweet. And this may sound silly, but I think of Jc as an older brother already.

@trevormoran: fooled around with the amazing @hypedmaisyx and she truly made me happy!!

He attached a photo of us looking at each other while laughing. If I were some stranger, I would've thought that we were dating. But me standing next to him was . . . different.

He was a healthy skinny with hair in the unwanted places. Me on the other hand, I could hardly grow hair in the wanted places and you could see my rib cage from a mile away. It also looked like I was a zombie with the bags under my eyes.

"Mom! I'm back." I yell throughout the hotel. No response? She must be at the store or something.

I threw my bag on the floor and popped in season two of Glee. This show is so addicting.

"Yes! They made it to Nationals!" I shout to nobody in general. I get really into this show. That's how much I love it. In walked Erin and Mrs. West, not looking to good.

"Hey guys! How was the appointment?" I ask and throw a piece of popcorn in the air. It misses my mouth, but I don't mind.

"Well, uh . . . they figured out a way to get the tumor out." Erin says and sits at the end of the bed. I pause Glee so I can hear her better.

"That's great!" I exclaim. She could finally be cancer free if they're successful!

"Not exactly . . . the surgery is very serious. I could possibly die in the middle." She tells me.

"Are you going to go through with it?" I ask anxiously.

"I think so. I don't want to have just three weeks to live. I want to explore the world. I went to get my first kiss. I want to get married. I want to have kids! I'll never be able to at least try to do any of those things if I don't hope for the best and risk it!" Erin raises her voice.

"I'm sorry Erin. I just don't want to loose you." I look down and she sighs.

"I don't want to loose you either, Mais. But right now I want to do the surgery so I can at least strive for a future." She tells me.

"When's the surgery?"

"Well, it would take two weeks about. They want me to stay now and let you go home-" I cut her off.

"They want me to just leave my best friend here? When it could be the last time I see her?! What if you die Erin! I wouldn't even get to say goodbye." I start crying, and soon Erin does, too.

"I'm sorry, Maisy. But I'm going through with it and you can't stop me." Erin storms out of the room.

I didn't have the heart to finish my Glee episode. I turned the TV off and laid down. My life is so messed up.