Chapter Sixteen

Maisy's POV

There's a knock on the door. I quickly fixed up the plate of cookies and water, and straighten my hair with my fingers.

"Come in." The six boys come in and I smile. The first real smile since Erin passed.

"Hey Maisy!" They all exclaim. Trevor and Sam sit on my bed, Ricky, Connor and Kian sit on the couch and Kian sits on my big blue chair.

"Hey guys."

"Are those cookies?" Connor asks and I nod. Before I knew it, all it the cookies were gone.

"Geez guys, thanks for the cookies!" I say sarcastically.

"I'm sorry about Erin." Jc says and my mood changes drastically. I almost completely forgot that they were here only for this reason. Almost.

"It's okay. I knew it was going to happen sooner or later." The room is silent. Kian coughs and I look at everyone.

"So, where are you guys staying?" I ask them in hopes to change the subject.

"Just a few blocks down. We haven't been there, yet, though. You wanna come with us?" Sam offers.

"I don't see why not." I buzz my buzzer and Susan appears.

"Hi Susan! I'm going to their hotel room. I'll be back before dark, I promise." She hooks me up to my smaller tank and we're on our way.

"Is it okay if we walk? It's not that far." Ricky says and I nod.

"Yeah, sure." I was kind of worried that I might get out of breath, but I'm positive they would stop and let me catch my breath.

Not even halfway there I had to stop about three times. In this moment right now, I'm so thankful they aren't in a rush.

"Come on, Maisy, I'll carry you." Trevor tells me and I give him a look.

"Are you sure?" I ask and he nods. He picks me up bridal style and I hold his bag. He wheels my tank around and I cling to him.

"Aw, you're like a monkey sloth." Ricky chuckles at me.

"Picture time!" I dug my head into Trevor's shoulder as the boys took multiple shots of us.

"That is so going on twitter." One of the guys announced. Ugh, these boys.

"We're here!" Connor, I think, said. I was about to get down, but Trevor tightened his grip.

"I can carry you to our room." He says sweetly and I nod. I can almost fall asleep in his arms . . .

"Maisy!" I shoot up and see I'm not in my room. Am I in a hotel bed? I look around and see the six boys sitting around.

"You slept for, like, two hours." I blush and yawn.

"I needed it." I slide out and stretch like a kitten before sitting next to Kian.

"What did you guys do while I was asleep?" I ask.

"Unpacked and ate basically." Sam tells me.

"Sorry I fell asleep. My schedule is a little out of whack." I unnecessarily apologize.

"It's fine, Mais. But you better get home. It's eight." Ricky says.

"Shoot! See you guys tomorrow at the funeral home."

On my way out, Trevor and I lock eyes for a split second. He looks away and I see a blush creep into his cheeks. Weird.