Chapter Twenty-Three

Maisy's POV

I'm moving to LA. The city of angels. The land of dreams. Tomorrow.

So far I've packed most of my clothes, all of my books and movies, and small personal items that I will definitely not be leaving behind.

I've decided to let my moving be a surprise to the guys. Hopefully they'll be happy.

My mom and I have been looking for houses and we think we found the prefect one. It's about the same size as the one we have now, but the backyard is bigger and the rooms are too. Mom walks in and sits on my couch.

"I still don't understand how we're moving." I say to her.

"I talked to the doctor's awhile ago and they said there's no reason for you to be here anymore. You're healthy, and they think your tumor is going away. As long as you are safe with what you do, you can be REM." Mom tells me.

"That's unbelievable." I reply.

"I know honey. Finish packing, we've only a few hours before the sun stops shining." She kisses my forehead and walks out.

I pack the rest of my clothes, leaving an outfit for tomorrow, pictures, makeup, and accessories when Jack walks in.

"Hey Maisy." He greets me.

"Hi Jack! You seem so . . . down." I tell him.

"Well, I am. My best friend is moving to LA!" He exclaims. I walk towards him and see the tears forming in his eyes.

"I'm sorry." I say honestly. I open my arms and he immediately hugs me. He rests his head on my shoulder and I can practically feel the tears falling on my shirt.

"I'm gonna miss you." Tears are brimming my eyes now. I hadn't thought about leaving Jack . . .

Jack lifts his head up and wipes away my tears with his thumb. I weakly smile and he does too.

"Are you gonna visit?" I ask him.

"What kind of question is that? Of course I'm going to!" We both chuckle and he sits on my couch.

I walk over to my dresser and pick up a collage of Jack and I from when we were younger.

"I want you to have this." I hand it to him and he tries to hand it back.

"Why?" He asks me.

"So you'll always have something to remember me by. Okay?"

"Okay." He says.

He walks over to me and kisses my temple. Like I said, it's a friendly gesture.

"I'll see you later?" He asks and I nod. With that he walks out of the room.

Sighing, I finish packing my belongings. Once I'm done, I get some rest for the big day ahead.