Chapter Thirty

Maisy's POV

Shelby and I have been texting these past few days. It turns out she's from Tennessee and was here on vacation. Oh, and, surprise surprise, she likes O2L. Wait'll I tell her I'm best friends with them.

The guys are coming back to LA today and Trevor requested to hang out. He said he had something important to talk about. I just wonder what.

I dressed in a pretty floral skirt that stops just above the knee with a pink top and white converse.

"Mom, I'll be home before curfew!" I call out. I grab my phone and start walking to the beach.

Trevor requested I meet at this secret place on the beach. Supposedly, there's a small hut where couples go to do stuff. I'm praying that's not what we're gonna do.

I walked for a good twenty minutes, stopping to take breaks. The hut is a bit bigger than my living room. It's very cute, too.

I cautiously walk into the hut and see Trevor pacing. On the floor is a big blanket and all around are candles.

"Trevor?" I catch his attention. He looks over at me and sighs in relief.

"Hey Maisy." He gestures we sit so I do.

"I really like this place. I found it with my brother when we were younger." He tells me.

"It's nice. But please, tell me we're not going to do you-know-what in here." I shudder and the thought and he chuckles.

"No. Not even close. I just needed somewhere private to speak to you." I mentally wipe the sweat from my forehead and play with my skirt.

"So why did you call me out here?" I ask him.

"No specific reason. How have you been?" He asks.

"I've been . . . good. I met a really nice girl." I tell him.

"Woah, when did you come out of the closet?" He jokes and I roll my eyes.

"How about yourself?" I counter.

"Well, we're going on another tour across Europe in the fall." He announces.

"That's amazing! I'm so proud of you guys."

"Yeah. And we all discussed it, and we want you to come with us." He says.

"Oh my gosh! I'd love to. I'm sure my mom would too." He laughs.

"She can come along, too." He says.

"Soo . . . " I trail off.

"What are we?" He finally spits out. My eyes widen and quickly go back to normal. "I mean, we've kissed, what, twice? And we both know they weren't just friendly kisses."

"I don't know, honestly. I haven't thought about it." I reply.

"What do you want us to be?" He inquires and I shrug.

"Trevor, I said I haven't really thought about it."

"Fair enough." He stares off into the distance for awhile.

"What do you want us to be?" I ask him.

"Whatever you want us to be." He responds. I blush and look away.

"Like I said before, I don't know what I want us to be." He moves a bit closer to me.

"Yeah you do. Deep inside." Oh goodness. Does he know I do want to be with him? Well, I'd be stupid to say I don't.

"And if I do know?"

"Maisy Aurora Evans, will you do the honors of being my girlfriend?"