Chapter Thirteen

Maisy's POV

Today is the day Erin goes through the life or death surgery. She could either come out healthy and alive, or lifeless and dead. I'm really aiming for the first option.

I could hardly sleep last night. I started getting headaches of my own, and I couldn't get the horrifying thought of her out of my brain.

If she does die, I'll have nobody. Sure, Jack will visit once a week and I can Skype Trevor when I'm not feeling well, but that's not the same. I won't be able to watch go to them whenever I need a shoulder to cry on, or a girl to gossip to about boys.

My mom said that her and my dad were taking my brother to SkyZone. I wish I was that healthy. But no, I'm stuck living in a hospital full of kids just like me who probably won't make it to see the day they turn twenty.

It's a little bit passed noon, and I'm extremely bored. I finished the last season of Glee last night.

Maybe Susan will play a card game with me? Probably not. She has tons of other kids to tend to.

I could go to the storage closet and find some cool things . . . but it's one floor one while I'm on floor eight.

I could always watch youtube videos. I'm already caught up. I guess I could rewatch some of my favorite videos.

But they're all my favorites. As I paced around the room, my phone buzzed from on my bed.

from: conna:)

hey maisy! i forgot to thank you for the wonderful opportunity of us getting to help a kids wish come true. you have opened my eyes to a whole new world. and thanks to you, on every trip I ever take, I'm going to visit a few kids in a hospital. thank you! don't forget to watch the new glee tonight at eight ;)

Aw! I started to tear up, for I wiped them away rather quickly. I replied and set my phone down.

"Hey honey." Susan greets me.

"Hi Susan! How are you?" I respond politely. She starts preparing for my

weekly shots.

"I'm just dandy! What about you? How was your trip to Cali?" She asks.

"Amazing! I met my favorite youtuber, spent the day at the beach, and ran into Lea Michele!" The needle slides right into my arm and I don't even flinch. I've been getting shots every week since I got diagnosed.

"Good for you sweetie! I'll talk to you later. I've got lots to do." And with that, Susan left my room.

Should I text Trevor? Probably not. I did Skype him for a few hours last night, so he's most likely annoyed of me. Eh, it's worth a shot.

to: trevy<3

hey. sorry I keep bothering you. im freaking out.

Trevor replied back almost instantly.

from: trevy<3

your fine! but what's wrong? ill facetime you if you want to

to: trevy<3

please?

A few moments later, Trevor was requesting to FaceTime. I accepted and his happy face popped up on my phone.

"Hey Maisy! What's wrong?" He asks and I start bawling.

"Hey, hey, hey. Calm down, shh. What's wrong?" Once I calmed down, I explained to him about Erin.

"Oh my god. You just have to hope for the best." He tells me.

We talk for about another hour and we hang up. I close my eyes for a short nap.