chapter 28

-Harry's POV!!-

I had been there on my knees in the garden for a few minutes now. She had left. Ariana had really left me. I knew this couldn't end well. If she had only given me a chance to explain. Everything would be fine if she let me tell her what was going on. Well it might not be but its worth a shot.

I stood up and stormed back to my car. I needed to sort this out. I got into my car and I put the key in the ignition. My phone started to ring. I looked at the caller ID. It was Judith. She was a woman who worked for our management. She basically controlled everything. What we wrote on twitter, what we do in public. She basically holds up our 'image' which is stupid. Our fans know what we are like. She has a pointless job to be honest. I seriously debated not answering but I knew where that would lead me.

'What?' I answered.

'Where are you? Don't you remember tonight you are going to that lovely Greek restaurant'

'No I'm not'

'Yes you are Harry.'

'Why?'

'Harry we have had this conversation countless times. I'm sure you don't need me to go over the details again. Do you? Now hurry up. I have booked your table'

'I bet you have' I muttered rolling my eyes.

'What?' She barked.

'Nothing'

'Good now hurry' And she ended the call. I wanted to scream. I drove as slowly as I could back to my house. I know I was asking for trouble but I didn't really care. When I finally got back to my place I parked the car and walked slowly to my front door. I took a deep breathe then walked in.

'Harry where have you been?' Mandy asked in a rush. Her stern face looking over me. God she was scary when she wanted to be.

'Out' I replied dully. I looked at her and took in her appearance. She was wearing a tight blue dress and black heels. Her hair was straightened and all puffed up and her face was covered in make up.

'Harry, come on. You know we have to be at that restaurant soon' Her and Judith were like twins. Judith could of been her mother they were so similar. Their favourite hobbies included ruining my life and controlling me. Only difference was that Mandy was quite good looking, in a way, and Judith was a middle aged woman who always wore the same clothes everyday which made her look like a strict headmistress.

'Ok ok calm down,'

'Harry why is there mud all over your knees?' She snapped looking horrified at my dirty trousers.

'I fell'

'Shut up and put these on' She held out some trousers. God she was bossy. When I was changed she took my hand and grabbed her purse.

'Why do we even need to walk?'

'Because Judith said so'

'So? She isn't our mum. Come on. Be a bit rebellious. Get in a car' I said sarcastically.

'Remember to smile' She barked then putting on the fakest smile I have ever seen in the history of ever, Then she opened the front door and stepping outside. As soon as we stepped out of the garden there was light flashing everywhere. Of course she had called the paparazzi and told them we would be going out tonight. Thanks Judith. Nice one.

The walk was a short one. It was only around the corner. Every time my fake smile would slip from my face I could feel Mandy squeezing my hand and giving me a look which I knew all too well. When we got to the restaurant we were lead to a private booth at the back where we could have our privacy.

'So how are you?' Mandy asked smiling at me.

'Shit. You?'

'Im ok' She smiled ignoring my answer to her question. She smiled at the waiter approaching our table. 'Two waters please' She smiled.

'Of course' The man smiled back, blushing. Then he walked away.

'Harry listen, We need to make this work, you know?'

'What are you talking about?'

'It's obvious you don't love me'

'You don't say'

'I mean to the public. We need to make it look believable'

'I couldn't care less to be honest'

'Harry we both know this is great for our careers' She said pleadingly.

'No, it's great for yours. Judith just wants me to have a 'bad boy' image which means I need a new girl every few months' It's true. Mandy's agent had talked to Judith and said we should fake date so I can keep up my reputation, which I hate, and she can get more modelling jobs. And it was working. Already in the time we had been 'dating' she had gotten more offers she had ever had before, in her life,

'Harry, please just make it look believable'

'I don't care anymore. I love someone else ok? And nothing is going to stop me loving her. But this stupid fake relationship may have ruined my chances with her.'

'Oh stop it. You're Harry Styles. The second you're single and call for her she will be there. Just like every other girl in the world would. So suck it up and pretend for a few more weeks.'

'No. She isn't like that. She has morals and self respect. Ok? Don't just assume everything will be ok. Because it wont. Your career is fine ok?'

'Harry don't do this. Judith wont be happy.'

'I don't give a fuck about Judith. I don't care what she has to say. She cant stop me loving someone'

'Yes she can'

'Shall we see about that?' I pulled out my phone and dialled Judith's number. She answered almost immediately.

'Harry. Why aren't you at the restaurant yet?'

'I am, calm it. I'm just letting you know that I love someone and I'm not pretending to be madly in love with Mandy anymore. Ok?'

'Harry I'm not sure...' She trailed off thinking.

'Listen. I am in love with someone and it's ruining my chances with her. I've been fake dating Mandy for months now. Her career is fine my 'reputation' is fine. Can we just call it a day and end it?'

'Fine, go on then' She sighed giving in. I didn't think she would. Not that quickly.

'Thanks' I smiled for the first time in what felt like forever and hung up.

'What did she say?' Mandy asked.

'It's done' I said smiling. Mandy suddenly burst into tears. Real or fake? I cant tell anymore.

'B-b-b-but Harry? My career?'

'Is fine. Trust me. Now when you leave make sure you get a load of cameras catching you crying' Suddenly her tears stopped. They were fake.

'Fine then but I'm telling the papers exactly what happened'

'Go for it. But I would talk to Judith about that one first' I smiled at her and she gave me a death glare before taking a deep breath, starting the tears again then running out of the restaurant.

I was so happy I didn't know what to do. Finally no more nagging or bossiness. No more faking smiling or holding her abnormally large and sweaty hands. No more having to do everything she says because 'Judith said so'. But the thing I was happiest about? Ariana. I could finally be with Ariana, publicly and not care what anyone else thought because I would be with her and that's all that matters.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

thank you everyone who reads this I love you:) if you want anything in particular to happen just let me know and if I like the idea I will include it:) please comment and vote and read my other fanfics:) I love you so much x