Schooldays

One of the worst things of moving must be starting a new school; and the only thing worse than starting a new school must be starting a new school in the middle of a semester.

It really sucked being me right now!

The only thing comforting me was that somewhere in this school was drop-dead-gorgeous number two, or maybe I better just start call him Stefan.

This was obviously a much smaller school than the one I had gone to in New York. There everyone kept their face on the ground and only hung out within their own group, here everyone was staring, smiling and nodding and I didn't find any emo-looking, black frizzy hair, skinny jeans-wearing kids like me.

Did I say it sucked...? Oh yeah, I did.

Hot guys here were though, I noticed as I left the office with a schedule and a little map over the school buildings. 

"Am I allowed to talk to you at school?" someone whispered, and I immediately recognised Stefan's voice.

"Yes, please!" I sighed with a smile. "Everyone is so friendly looking; they scare the crap out of me! Are we even allowed to say crap here? It kind of feels like something out of 'Stepfordwives', or 'the Gate'." I hissed.

He laughed a relieving laughter that eased up my tensions a bit. He snapped my schedule and looked at it. "Hey, we have history together for starters."

"Thank you, could you hold my hand?" Yeah, that joke might just work with Lisa.

He laughed though. "I don't know what my girlfriend would think..."

Girlfriend? Oh crap! Well I'm actually more into older guys... Or what about him? I thought as a brown haired cute guy just looked at me with his melted chocolate eyes and smiled. I couldn't help but to smile back. This wasn't good; I couldn't even keep my emo-image here.

I sat down next to Stefan, but on the row behind him when we entered the classroom, peeking around and pondering who might be his girlfriend. Was he perhaps into this whole blond Barbie-look, or there was this cute ebony-skinned girl with brown hair? No, probably not, she was really shooting daggers at him. I happened to see his eyes flicker to the door when a girl with long brown hair entered; oh yes, that was definitely her!

She smiled to him and then looked down at the floor. I caught him smiling and then... What was with the guilty look? Had he been cheating?! No... He didn't really look like the cheating kind.

The door opened and the teacher came in and sat down in his desk. I didn't really see him, but frankly I didn't really pay attention until he had flipped though his papers and said my name.

"We have a new student in this class; Emilia Riccitelli?" I grounded my teeth at his pronunciation 'Rickitelli' but raised my hand and peeked around the guy sitting in front of me. Our eyes met and I don't know who was the most surprised, him or me. It was Damon's friend, the one I met at the Grill.

"Welcome, I'm Alaric Saltzman." He said and I noticed something peculiar. He flicked his eyes to Stefan with a questioning look, Stefan shook his head ever so slightly and Mr. Saltzman looked surprised. I don't think the other students noticed, but by this time I was getting a little paranoid and noticed even the small things, but when Mr. Saltzman's eyes fell on me; my eyes were down in my book. I was very careful not to be caught snooping.

Here was something going on!

Throughout the class I kept my hidden attention at Stefan and Mr. Saltzman, but didn't notice anything to feed my curiosity or paranoia. Damn it!