Newsflash

There was a knock on the door of our dorm-room and when I opened it Caroline stood just outside. "Stefan says you're a vamp." She looked shocked and glared intense at me.

My eyes got huge.

"She's no vamp; she's back with Damon now!" I heard Lisa call.

Now Caroline's eyes widened and she scolded herself before she mouthed 'sorry'. It wasn't really vamp she meant, she was of course referring to vampire; a concept Lisa hadn't reacted positive to historically.

"A little discretion, please..." I hissed. "Did you talk to Klaus?" I might have sounded shocked at first, but then a smile appeared on my face.

"Klaus... didn't that guy at your New Year party was named Klaus; you know, the guy I made out with." Lisa called again. "Klaus..." She drew out his name and mused. "He was gorgeous! Doesn't anyone have his number?"

I saw Caroline grind her teeth. "Can we talk somewhere else?" Her tone was venomous.

I studied her face for a while. This couldn't be just because Damon had turned me, there must be something else... I sighed. "Lisa, I'll just pop out for a while!" I called and Caroline and I headed out.

Caroline started with the lecturing halfway down the stairs, but I just held a finger up as a warning to shut her up until we got outside. "I can't believe how you dare to sleep next to her, what if you bite her in your dreams?"

"Really, Caroline?" I smirked at her. "You live with Bonnie."

"Yeah, she can protect herself; she'd even give me a brain haemorrhage if I needed it." Her tone was tart and so was her face.

I started to laugh. "This is a crazy life." When the laughter had subsided I watched her with warmth. "You don't have to worry about me or Lisa; I'm really doing just fine."

"You are?" She had the defensive angry face on, but it changed into concern. "Really, you are?" She asked and the concern was obvious.

"Well, I passed the audition in June..." I joked.

She gave me a huge hug. "Oh honey, I was worried about you!" Her worried face just lit up, in the way only she can and the eyes beamed. "You're a vamp? That's amazing!" She was almost about to jump upside down like a five year old. I couldn't help but to laugh from her expression, I had never known anyone who could be peppy like Caroline. "So how are you holding up?"

"It's actually really fine. Damon's helping me and...I'm fine."

"Damon is not the best to guide a newly turned." She started.

"Come on Caroline; Damon was the one to turn me, he damn well better take care of me!" I said in a half hearted try to joke.

"But Emilia; that guy is unstabile!"

I rolled my eyes. When would they see through his bluff; he was just playing them. "I choose him as my guy!"

"But Em..."

"But Car..." I mimicked in a sarcastic tone. "The ripper would not be a better guard."

She kept trying to argue, but I ignored her worry and changed the subject to be about her situation. "So Klaus called you?" I was enthusiastic and she couldn't help herself but to beam at me and almost jump up and down. You just got to love this girl, I thought.

"Yes, he'll be back here."

"Did he get Katherine? He had her in sight the last time I talked to him."

"I don't know, he didn't tell me."

The next day, Damon had agreed to help his brother with a small thing after lunch, so they left me unattended and I rolled my eyes at their worry, after I teasingly asked them if they really dared to leave me to my own devices.