The After-life

Thank you all so much for your response! It's fantastic to have such support from you guys; you're the best!

Here comes "The After-life"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I woke up thinking that was the weirdest dream ever. My head was pounding and I realized that I had been quite heavy on the liquor the night before. Without even opening my eyes I reached over to my nightstand to get the small hung-over quick fix. My hand reached and reached, and I scooted over in bed, but I still didn't reach it.

What?

I glanced up and realized with a pinch of panic that I wasn't in my room. What? Had I gone home with some random dude? That's when full panic hit me! I never went to some guy's room. My eyes were wide open and I bolted upright when I noted it didn't look like a dorm-room at all. I heard a door open and steps along some hallway and then the door opened to the room I was in. I dodged under the covers with my heart hammering.

The bed moved and I realized he had sat down next to me. "You're awake?" I heard a concerned voice.

Wait a minute, I know that voice.

I popped my head out from under the sheet. "Damon?" That was such an enormous relief, but as I looked at him I saw a face pained with worry and guilt.

"How are you? I'm so sorry." He whispered and ran a hand through his hair.

"I'm hung over... what are you sorry about?" I mumbled and then jealousy took a grip around my heart. I had never felt such rage before. "What did you do?" I said slowly and menacing.

His face was totally guilt ridden. "I killed you."

Err... what?

That was when that weird dream reappeared. The one where Damon had... turned me? I gasped. That wasn't a dream?

"I'm so sorry... but you made me so mad, and you were kissing that guy... and you called Klaus... and I was so mad I wanted to rip your throat out..." He was pacing back and forth in the room and running his hand through his hair while rambling. My head hurt and spun and I didn't know right from wrong.

"And you said I promised you forever..." Damon kept rambling and once in a while glaring at me. "And I asked you if that's what you wanted, and you said yes." He hung his head in shame. "...and I killed you..."

He stood there looking devastated for a while before he started to pace back and forth again. "What are we going to do?" He was beyond grief.

"You don't want me?" My voice was surprisingly weak.

He was instantly by my side. "Of course I want you, you're my princess. But what have I done to you?" I watched his glorious face and saw the tears in his eyes, threatening to pool over. I put my hand on his face, stroked the stubble on his chin and watched every part of his face, the face I had been depraved off for so long.

"Get me an aspirin." I whispered with a smile. "We'll take it step by step this time..."

He wrapped me in his arms with such speed and strength that he totally startled me.

"Ouch, headache, remember?" I said and within a second he was gone and returned with a couple of aspirins. "Do vampires need aspirin?" I asked casually, just for future reference.

Damon looked at me with those wild guilt-ridden eyes as I poured a couple of aspirins from the can. I looked expectantly at him and his confused face. "A glass of water please?" I said and he quickly fetched me some, splashing it on the bed due to the speed. I took the pills and slumped back in bed.