Who are you?

The next morning I awoke from the alarm on my phone. I did my best to slide out of bed and not disturb Damon too much, since he had no appointments early. I didn't get far until he grabbed my wrist.

"Where do you think you're going?" I heard from his pillow.

I was totally unprepared and almost jumped out of my skin. "God, you scared me!" I yelped with a hand on my chest. "It's time to get up for school." It was a Wednesday after all.

"No you're not going anywhere today." He was determined and wasn't taking a no.

"Why?" I mean; he wasn't even talking in his seductive tone.

"Have you already forgotten about the death sentence from yesterday?" he sounded annoyed, but he was right. The night in his arms had made me forget all about the vampire drama from the day before. I had slept like a baby.

"Wasn't it rather a survival technique?" I was still standing by the bed arguing with him. "If I get killed today I will survive." I did my best to deflect the horror he was talking about.

In an instant he was standing by my side "This is not a joke." He was looking grim with the puckered eyebrows almost down in his eyes.

I just sighed.

"If I flunk trig; I'm totally blaming you!" I turned and tried to walk out on him, which he made impossible of course. "Okay, okay I accept that I'm grounded." I muttered.

"Emilia..." Now he used the silk smooth seductive voice and I could feel a shiver running through me. My heart started to pound onto my chest-bone. "Don't be mad at me." He cooed. "I just want to keep you safe."

"If you wanted to keep me, you would turn me..."

He flinched.

What; did I really say that? Had I ever thought about it before? I didn't think so.

"You want me to turn you?" his tone implied that he didn't believe what he was hearing and he drew me into his chest.

"No I don't. I'm sorry I said it." It was my turn to murmur again into his chest. "It's not something I have been thinking about." I said truthfully.

"It's okay, sweetie. I asked for this to happen to me; afterwards it was too late to regret it." He revealed. I knew his feelings about that period of his own death and turning, since we had talked a lot about it. "Come on, let's get some breakfast."

Stefan was sitting by the table with a cup of coffee when we got down there.

"I'm keeping this girl at home today, you know, vamp-blood and all."

"Good decision!" Stefan replied to my surprise. He used to be all for school and education. Damon had said; even if much of it had to do with Elena, this time.

* * * * *

After breakfast Stefan left for school and I returned to reading the ancient journals. The stories in them were fascinating and I found myself wanting to know more, about both the people I was reading about, and about the life at the time.

Mr Saltzman would rejoice if he knew.

I sat in the parlour by the big fireplace reading. Damon walked past me once in a while; I didn't really notice what he was up to. He seemed to be looking for some books or something, but I was caught up in my reading and tuned out him.

"The house stand proud and tall and so does the winery. We are now five houses in our little community and life is good. This spring my lovely Aisha gave birth to a beautiful baby boy. Our girl is now two years old and she is looking more and more like her mother."