Happy New Year

We decided to go full blast with the celebration of New Year. Caroline was back in town, and so was Tyler after the holiday. With the amazing party-arranging-skills of Caroline's, the party was a fact in only a day.

We had all chipped in to help out and Lisa got along just fine with Caroline; they were actually quite alike; upbeat, perky and with organizational skills extraordinare.

Stefan and Damon had their own project with moving furniture around a bit and putting up fairy-lights outside, so we didn't see a lot of each other while the rest of us prepped the indoor areas.

When there were just an hour left, Caroline and Tyler left and the rest of us got some food and then hit the showers. With the robe still on I blew my hair dry and then hit it with the flat iron until I was satisfied with the result. I pulled on the dress Damon had bought me in New York and then started to put my face on.

"Aren't you ready yet?" Lisa popped in to my room, all dressed up.

I chuckled. "Not yet, but you know your way downstairs. I'll be down in a couple of minutes."

"I'll make you a drink." She sounded impatient. "Hurry up," and then she was gone. I smiled and put the last finishing touches on the makeup, before I put my high heels on. After a last look in the mirror I flipped my hair over my shoulder and walked out through the door. I ran into Damon on my way downstairs and managed to give him an appreciative look and a small whistle.

"I'm not too hot, am I," he teased and I laughed, even if things hurt. It was amazing that he was in a good mood which made me think we perhaps could mend our relation.

"No, you are just hot enough." I chuckled dry.

He looked me over again and sighed. "You look extremely hot; too hot for an old guy like me." Then he got that sad look he had all week.

Dammit!

I took a deep breath and put my cocky game face on. "Well, I'll better go find someone younger then. That shouldn't be to hard." And with those hurtful words I left him and went downstairs.

People just kept pouring in through the door like there was no stop. It started to feel like the Halloween party at school; I couldn't believe how many people they actually were friends with. My thoughts went for a brief moment to the latest party I had attended in New York and the amount of people that had attended that gathering. And Damon.

No, I would not wallow!

I snapped out of it and found Lisa, giving me a drink.

"Cheers!"

I took a little more than a sip of the drink she had mixed to me; Southern comfort and ginger ale, and I longed for the comfort the booze gave.

Yep, there would be more of those tonight.

Caroline showed up when I was on my second drink. "Wow, what a smashing dress! Sexy!"

"Her ex was willing to dump his new girlfriend for his old one, last time she wore this dress." Lisa revealed, making Caroline laughed out loud. "But just when he tried to make a move Damon and I arrange for the DJ to ask everybody to reveal themselves." Lisa laughed and I wanted to cry.

I gulped down the second drink and walked away.

When I passed through the tv-room to get to the parlour I accidentally saw Damon and Rebekah. He was leaning casually next to her with a hand on the wall, had his back toward me, and she just didn't care who I was.

"Come on, like you said; the sex was too good for you to be so hostile," she said with a smirk. My heart almost stopped dead in my chest and I walked out of the room. I heard his chuckling echoing in my ears long after.