Show down

The air was zinging as we packed up our stuff and left the house to head back to Mystic Falls. I felt tingling with expectation of taking our life back.

The meeting had gone so much better than I had hoped, even though I was a bit disturbed when my least favourite original, aka Rebekah showed up on our front porch. She had been on her best behaviour and I tried to be the better person and even thank her for coming to our aid.

I was thinking back on her surprised face as I wished them the best before it was time to take off.

Damon and I got into his slick Ferrari while Stefan and Elena walked to his Porsche, but Caroline stopped on her heel.

"Caroline, would you like to ride with us?" Klaus said soft. He had stopped in the doorway. I rejoiced; I loved the way he said her name, like a caress filled with tenderness.

She looked like she considered it and then she straightened up. "Err... I still have Tyl..." she got quiet and her shoulders slumped down again. "I still have the car we arrived in," she continued silent with her eyes locked in Klaus'.

"Do you want me to ride with you?" I still kept my door open to hear everything. No, it wasn't like eavesdropping, it was... Yeah okay, I was totally eavesdropping!

I'm not sure if it was us or if she was mostly surprised herself, when she answered: "Yes."

A weak smile formed on Klaus' face as he walked up to her, took her bags and carried them to the trunk before he put his own next to them. He opened the passenger door for her to step inside. He looked over to each of the other three cars while he rounded their car and sat down next to Caroline, started the car and spun off.

The rest of us followed on his tail.

"He's working hard for her," Damon mumbled as we followed them.

I smiled wide. "Yes he is."

* * * * * * *

It felt so amazingly good when we passed the sign saying 'Welcome to Mystic Falls' that I wanted to scream, but right next to the relief was the worry of what we we're up against.

I looked confused when Damon passed our driveway and kept going. After a while he turned into a small gravelled road into the woods and we ended up by our garage far back in the yard.

The sight that met us made me want to cry; my sweet little pearl of a car was totally crashed.

"Oh no!" My eyes were filled with tears as I walked toward it, but Damon yanked my arm.

"I'll buy you a new one; we have to focus now!" His words snapped me back and I assure you that I was focused; focused on the hatred I felt towards these horrid people.

Stefan and Elena parked next to Damon's black beauty and Elena shot worried glances between me and my car, but my hardened face made her stay silent.

Through the phones we had contact with the others and we knew they had stopped out on the road. Jeremy and Matt had been snooping around and had found out, the hunters were doing a raid at the Boarding house right then to find what they were searching for. Two of our group had got ahead and was already inside the house as the intruders showed up. We met the others as we were walking up to the boarding house and I had a bad feeling about this.

Suddenly Damon's arm around my neck stopped me dead. "This is an ambush," he hissed in my ear and before I could react, he bit his wrist and forced it against my mouth, feeding me his blood. The next second he was gone and I slumped to the ground.

What the hell happened?

All the guys were gone as Caroline and Elena hurried up to me. I got on my feet and stared at the opened door, but when I was on my way over there a grip on my shoulders stopped me.